• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me streamline my cards please

Adith

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey guys, new here and loving how much informative this forum is. Please help me out since i wanna streamline everything.

Cards i own :
  1. ICICI Coral CC - LTF - 5L Limit- Subscriptions
    • LTF , my longest credit history of nearly 9years so i dont want to cancel it. I just put my OTT and other subs on this, add total value as Smartpay on HDFC Easyshop Premium for 1% CB for autopay and i forget it.
  2. ICICI Rubyx CC- LTF - 5L Limit- Fuel , movies and any ICICI offers
    • LTF and i just wanna keep it active till i earn enough to maybe upgrade for a Sapphiro LTF. I dint know ICICI never deactivates credit card when you upgrade, else i wont have take this. I do fuel purchases and movie tickets to keep the card active.
  3. ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF - 5L Limit - Gold , Amazon, Large offline purchases
    • I use this for offline Gold purchases and get 1% CB, then pay it via Easyshop Premium for 1% cb, alongwith all Amazon purchases and also large offline purchases due to the 5L limit on the card.
  4. HDFC Moneyback Plus-Paid - 80k Limit- Minimum Transactions like 500 a month
    • This was the card i was given when i opened my salary account. Although i applied and recieved Millenia, this card never got deactivated. Customer care has confirmed that if needed i can close it, else it will stay active . Im keeping it active till August so i can get an Amazon coupon for Rs.1000 as part of one of the offers i did. After that ill close the card.
  5. HDFC Millenia - LTF - 1.7L Limit- Food, Travel bookings , Daily use
    • This is my Go-To card right now and i use it for almost everything that isnt streamlined with the other cards. I was given a really good starting Limit and im hoping that i can utilise it well to get both the LE as well as upgrades eventually.
  6. AMEX Gold Charge - Paid - 4.3L Limit- Utility bills and Insurance etc via Amazon Voucher , UPI via Mobikwik
    • I get the 1000 x 6 Amazon Coupon via Gyftr and pay my Utility bills, Insurance etc in Amazon through this. Planning to load Mobikwik wallet with this card for UPI but i still havent started that yet.
  7. AMEX MRCC - Paid - 4.3L Limit - Monthly Gold Scheme
    • I use this solely for Gold scheme payments in the family which hit 20k+ a month through Amazon Coupons, so i can easily hit all targets and get annual waiver too .

What im looking for to improve :

1. UPI payments which are 15-30k a month and i want to earn benefits for that hopefully. Thinking of Mobikwik through AMEX , i tried for Tata neu when i had just Moneyback+ but only got approval for the PLUS variant. Now that i have the Millenia with 1.7L limit, thinking of whether to try again for the offer to check if im eligible for Infinity. Im not that sold on Neu coins though.
  2. Should i cancel my Rubyx or Coral, they are LTF, i already have a system in place but i dont want to clutter myself with too much cards that just do bare minimum. Have a CIBIL of 790+ and ive never cancelled a card so im not sure how it would impact.
  3. Thinking of taking the AXIS Airtel card cause i have an airtel wifi that bills at 1000/m and i can get around 250 discounted for that , plus zomato expenses of atleast 2-3k a month.
  4. Anything which im doing wrong in my expenditure pattern than you guys can help me improve?
  5. Any cards that i should aim for to improve how efficiently i utilise the benefits?

Note : I have the Easyshop Platinum DC, so i pay all the bills and hit 500+cb a month .

Hey guys, new here and loving how much informative this forum is. Please help me out since i wanna streamline everything.

Cards i own :
    • LTF , my longest credit history of nearly 9years so i dont want to cancel it. I just put my OTT and other subs on this, add total value as Smartpay on HDFC Easyshop Premium for 1% CB for autopay and i forget it.
    • LTF and i just wanna keep it active till i earn enough to maybe upgrade for a Sapphiro LTF. I dint know ICICI never deactivates credit card when you upgrade, else i wont have take this. I do fuel purchases and movie tickets to keep the card active.
    • I use this for offline Gold purchases and get 1% CB, then pay it via Easyshop Premium for 1% cb, alongwith all Amazon purchases and also large offline purchases due to the 5L limit on the card.
    • This was the card i was given when i opened my salary account. Although i applied and recieved Millenia, this card never got deactivated. Customer care has confirmed that if needed i can close it, else it will stay active . Im keeping it active till August so i can get an Amazon coupon for Rs.1000 as part of one of the offers i did. After that ill close the card.
    • This is my Go-To card right now and i use it for almost everything that isnt streamlined with the other cards. I was given a really good starting Limit and im hoping that i can utilise it well to get both the LE as well as upgrades eventually.
  6. AMEX Gold Charge - Paid - 4.3L Limit- Utility bills and Insurance etc via Amazon Voucher , UPI via Mobikwik
    • I get the 1000 x 6 Amazon Coupon via Gyftr and pay my Utility bills, Insurance etc in Amazon through this. Planning to load Mobikwik wallet with this card for UPI but i still havent started that yet.
    • I use this solely for Gold scheme payments in the family which hit 20k+ a month through Amazon Coupons, so i can easily hit all targets and get annual waiver too .

1. UPI payments which are 15-30k a month and i want to earn benefits for that hopefully. Thinking of Mobikwik through AMEX , i tried for Tata neu when i had just Moneyback+ but only got approval for the PLUS variant. Now that i have the Millenia with 1.7L limit, thinking of whether to try again for the offer to check if im eligible for Infinity. Im not that sold on Neu coins though.
  2. Should i cancel my Rubyx or Coral, they are LTF, i already have a system in place but i dont want to clutter myself with too much cards that just do bare minimum. Have a CIBIL of 790+ and ive never cancelled a card so im not sure how it would impact.
  3. Thinking of taking the AXIS Airtel card cause i have an airtel wifi that bills at 1000/m and i can get around 250 discounted for that , plus zomato expenses of atleast 2-3k a month.
  4. Anything which im doing wrong in my expenditure pattern than you guys can help me improve?
  5. Any cards that i should aim for to improve how efficiently i utilise the benefits?

Note : I have the Easyshop Platinum DC, so i pay all the bills and hit 500+cb a month .
Try for airtel axis rupay card. If you are going for neu then before applying for tata neu, ask hdfc to increase your moneyback plus credit limit to same as millennia.

For bills, i would suggest sbi cashback card. Buy amazon gift voucher and pay with that. You will get 5%.

Try for airtel axis rupay card. If you are going for neu then before applying for tata neu, ask hdfc to increase your moneyback plus credit limit to same as millennia.

For bills, i would suggest sbi cashback card. Buy amazon gift voucher and pay with that. You will get 5%.
Any reason why the rupay variant for Axis Airtel ? Or is it only provided in rupay variant ? I think I'll take the axis airtel for sure then .

I don't want the money-back card honestly . It's not good in any way, my millenia already does everything better so want to close it . But if I keep both millenia and money-back + any use case for that ?

I already do the bills via amex , any other good use for the SBI cashback ? Is it good for wallet reload and such ?

Cards i own :

before closing moneyback card ask customer care to merge credit limit to millenia .. so ur millenia card will have 2.5L limit.
also dont close rubyx or coral cards they are show as single account in cibil (gemstone card single account)
you can try for Indusind pinnacle card (can help u get conditional LTF) which makes exclusive account as 0 AMB (earn cashback paying cc bills)

Last edited:
before closing moneyback card ask customer care to merge credit limit to millenia .. so ur millenia card will have 2.5L limit.
Wait that's possible? I dint even know that's a thing !! That's such good advice, thank you so much 🙂.

Wait that's possible? I dint even know that's a thing !! That's such good advice, thank you so much 🙂.
read from one of the post in this forum ... one member had millenia & regalia cards, he closed millenia card and transfed the limit to regalia ... and later upgraded to infinia based on cc limit & spend criteria

read from one of the post in this forum ... one member had millenia & regalia cards, he closed millenia card and transfed the limit to regalia ... and later upgraded to infinia based on cc limit & spend criteria
Awesome!! Yea I'm already searching for related posts to learn and look into it. If I get it merged to my millenia , that gets me that much closer to Regalia.

Btw can you help me with what salary is needed for regalia ?

Awesome!! Yea I'm already searching for related posts to learn and look into it. If I get it merged to my millenia , that gets me that much closer to Regalia.

Btw can you help me with what salary is needed for regalia ?
AFAIK 1 lakh limit should be enough to get new regalia card...
but for upgrade havent heard anyone getting regalia recently ... even hdfc is upgrade is mostly focusing on regalia gold (FYF for existing customers)

AFAIK 1 lakh limit should be enough to get new regalia card...
but for upgrade havent heard anyone getting regalia recently ... even hdfc is upgrade is mostly focusing on regalia gold (FYF for existing customers)
Sorry meant regalia gold only , not the basic regalia. I felt like when I had the salary account created , I dint have enough information to get the best out of it. That's why trying to learn to the maximum and get the best benefits and upgrades that I can sustainably use without going over board.

Any reason why the rupay variant for Axis Airtel ? Or is it only provided in rupay variant ? I think I'll take the axis airtel for sure then .
Visa and master card variants were the originals, rupay is recent one. There's a post on Airtel rupay credit card, check once that if anyone has any issues with the cashback since it's a new one. If you're not particular about Rupay, better get the older variants
I already do the bills via amex , any other good use for the SBI cashback ? Is it good for wallet reload and such ?
SBI cashback gives 5% CB on almost all online merchants. It's one of the best cards for online usage. Plus you can get any gift voucher from Amazon like lifestyle or Max when you're apparel shopping. There'll be a discount on amazon and for the remaining amount you get 5% CB

Visa and master card variants were the originals, rupay is recent one. There's a post on Airtel rupay credit card, check once that if anyone has any issues with the cashback since it's a new one. If you're not particular about Rupay, better get the older variants

SBI cashback gives 5% CB on almost all online merchants. It's one of the best cards for online usage. Plus you can get any gift voucher from Amazon like lifestyle or Max when you're apparel shopping. There'll be a discount on amazon and for the remaining amount you get 5% CB
so SBI CB with 5% is better than ICICI Amazon Pay CC for amazon.in use? what about buying amazon GCs via amazon or any gyftr portal? does one still get 5%

so SBI CB with 5% is better than ICICI Amazon Pay CC for amazon.in use?
Technically yes, as you get cashback in card account in case of SBI CB, but as Apay balance in ICICI Apay. But SBI CB has capping per cycle, ICICI Apay has none. ICICI Apay better for large purchases, SBI for smaller ones
what about buying amazon GCs via amazon or any gyftr portal? does one still get 5%
Via amazon - 5%
Via gyftr - 0%
Via other portals - depends on the MCC

Technically yes, as you get cashback in card account in case of SBI CB, but as Apay balance in ICICI Apay. But SBI CB has capping per cycle, ICICI Apay has none. ICICI Apay better for large purchases, SBI for smaller ones

Via amazon - 5%
Via gyftr - 0%
Via other portals - depends on the MCC
Thanks .. gonna have to see if the card makes sense to me!

Back