• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Home Verification - A deal breaker?

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

So I applied for my first HDFC Bank credit card (the big one :) ). After a month of application in process, they rejected it quoting internal banks policy. After a few follow ups with my RM, found out the reason was Home Verification failed. My aadhar and bank address has my last rental location as I recently shifted to another flat (in the same society). But, I did hear from anyone about verification.
The RM says that no one will call you before visiting otherwise there is no point of verification.

Question - Is there a way to navigate this issue as I am on work the whole day and can't sit looking at the society gate for an HDFC rep visiting for verification. How do people with rental address get an HDFC card? or they don't?

Love to hear your views

Thank you for replying. I had done the KYC just a few months back when I opened my Salary account with HDFC. I am not sure if they even did Home visit for verification this time for Credit Card and outright rejected.
I think its crucial time for you to consider moving salary acc. to another bank and take your business somewhere else where you would be appreciated.

Hi All,

So I applied for my first HDFC Bank credit card (the big one :) ). After a month of application in process, they rejected it quoting internal banks policy. After a few follow ups with my RM, found out the reason was Home Verification failed. My aadhar and bank address has my last rental location as I recently shifted to another flat (in the same society). But, I did hear from anyone about verification.
The RM says that no one will call you before visiting otherwise there is no point of verification.

Question - Is there a way to navigate this issue as I am on work the whole day and can't sit looking at the society gate for an HDFC rep visiting for verification. How do people with rental address get an HDFC card? or they don't?

Love to hear your views
For my HDFC Credit Card Home Verification, I had received a call from an Agent and he asked me to click a few photos of my house and share those photos and the live location through Whatsapp.
Currently, I am not residing in my address location (My Family is living there). So I asked my friend to click a few photos of my house and his live location. I had shared those with the Agent and he accepted it.
After a few days, my Application is accepted.

Last edited:
Major Update: Got my HDFC Infinia today

Just wanted to close the loop with the update here.
Turns out the RM raised a reverification request. I mailled as well as called Grievance redressal stating my situation that I stay at a rental place, have done a KYC and there was no call received for a physical verification.
Within a day, I got the approval message and today I have the Infinia with me.
Thank you everyone who guided and supported all the way. Gratitude.

For me office verification is deal breaker,only because some bank agents will not approve till we give them 2-3 reference number of colleagues.

They can just visit office, check ID & talk with colleagues/staff & ask required information. But this reference thing is annoying because some agents keep annoying those reference number & then those colleagues get pissed off at me 🤣.

For me office verification is deal breaker,only because some bank agents will not approve till we give them 2-3 reference number of colleagues.

They can just visit office, check ID & talk with colleagues/staff & ask required information. But this reference thing is annoying because some agents keep annoying those reference number & then those colleagues get pissed off at me 🤣.
Colleague ki jagah agar agent Boss ke paas chala gaya toh reapply credit card after 6 months.

My credit card was approved after home verification and today I got the message of approval and last 4 digits. Since I applied for IRCTC rupay card I checked with credit UPI and it was showing card first six digits 652908. Searched on Google and I found out that it was freedom or money-back credit card.
I didn't activate the card since I haven't received any email confirming the card variant.
Edit: I logged it in mycards with last 4 digits and yes it is an IRCTC Card.

Last edited:
Back