• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Horrible Experience with ICICI Super Saver HPCL Credit Card

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Rupay Credit Card in March only for fuel spends, as I also use HP Pay app. They billed me within 2 days for joining fees. (500 + GST).

However, the experience has been horrible, as in, the card does nothing that it promises. Doesn't deliver what was promised on fuel and to add insult to injury, looks like the movie ticket offer and road side assistance feature is non-existent too, or has been quietly devalued.

Whether I pay at HPCL pumps swiping the card, using the credit card option on HP Pay app or adding to HP Pay balance on HP Pay app (have tried all three), am getting charged extra fuel surcharge and worse points are zilch. Nowhere near the 5% promised. As per the card T&C, they are supposed to give 2000 points on collection of first year joining fee, but have not done that either. I've called them earlier and they said they would look into it, but didn't.

There is a 25% off up to Rs 100 on booking of movie tickets on INOX website or BMS, and while I used that once it seems that offer is no longer available to users of this garbage credit card too -- the credit card page highlights the benefit, but the offer page for INOX and BMS both don't have this card mentioned and today when I checked whether the offer was available to use on BMS, didn't work as expected. Clearly another feature where devaluation has happened but ICICI Bank is quiet about it.

There is a complimentary 24x7 Roadside Assistance Feature and according to the T&C, supposed to get details on it within 60 days of joining, but no surprise, nothing has come. Perhaps this is another feature by ICICI Bank on this card that is being touted but doesn't exist in reality. Don't want to be stuck somewhere on the road to find out.

I finally told them to cancel the card over the weekend and demanded my joining fee back since the card is completely useless. According to customer service only swipes on ICICI Card POS machines at HPCL pumps get cashback, but the Membership Guide and T&C for the card says you are eligible for CB on any bank machine (talk about informed customer service!).

They called me today and offered me reversal of joining fee to not cancel the card and I took it since I wanted joining fee back, but will cancel this garbage card in a few months. Anyone considering this card--beware. It is anything but "Super Saver." It's a "Super Garbage" credit card.

Did you get points and cash back?
All of a sudden, today I received ₹20.24 (505.90x4%) cashback for the 500 fuel filling done on July 10th. (My biiling date is 2nd).

I did not get cashback for the ₹1500 fuel filled in June (may be because it is not recognised as HPCL in ICICI system and I lost the payment receipt slip). Inahve provided the payment receipt slip for this ₹500 fuel purchase, so may be they processed it??? (Or even if I haven't contacted customer care I would have received ₹20 cashback by today)?

Attachments

• 1000178956.webp
    1000178956.webp
    54 KB · Views: 13
ICICI Bank is much, much worse. Their MITC says clearly that they will provide reward points on any bank POS terminal at HPCL petrol pumps but their customer service executives say it is only on ICICI POS terminals! Worse, even when you load HP Pay Wallet or pay using this card via HP Pay app, you not only don't get reward points, you are hit with fuel surcharge! How difficult is it for ICICI Bank to configure points when transactions are done via HP Pay app?

ICICI Bank is in a class of its own when it comes to third-rate, useless credit cards.
Not getting proper cashback on HPCL spents;

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240820_190733_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240820_190733_Gmail.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 21
I didn't get for the transactions mentioned as MID Not belong.. Check the last column
For my first transaction, I got the same problem. Then I sent them the slip through e-mail raising concern, then they credited it on last date of the month. It is tedious to send emails for every fuel purchase

If we send them photo of the pump and the transaction slip to prove that it’s a legit HPCL pump, do they agree to add that in their MID list?
Or do we have to do the same gymnastics every time?

Not getting proper cashback on HPCL spents;
Not worth the effort.

I will trash this card at renewal. I got Kotak IndianOil for fuel spends and it's LTF. Points are credited fine. Plus with RBI putting the brakes on Kotak issuing new cards, there's lots of offers on Instamart, Zepto, Blinkit and the like.

No idea if they will update MID list or not

What's the point of a card (especially a paid one) if customers need to send photos of the pump and charge slips for every fuel purchase transaction? It's not like the reward points are anything mindblowing too. May be the best thing at HP pumps is to use HP Pay and refill wallet via UPI. At least there are some rewards.

The bummer there is that few HP pumps accept HP Pay (despite all the branding). I complained to HP months ago about the HP pump nearest to me refusing HP Pay and they asked for more details (even though the information sent initially was enough). And then they did nothing, despite a reminder.

So it's not just ICICI; HPCL doesn't care too--they have these co-branded marketing stuff like cards just to tick boxes. They are not interested in customer loyalty. Hence, HPCL and ICICI are made for each other. Both shit brands with bureaucratic working, red tape, poor products which don't deliver the basics, and ultimately a shitty customer experience.

What's the point of a card (especially a paid one) if customers need to send photos of the pump and charge slips for every fuel purchase transaction? It's not like the reward points are anything mindblowing too. May be the best thing at HP pumps is to use HP Pay and refill wallet via UPI. At least there are some rewards.

The bummer there is that few HP pumps accept HP Pay (despite all the branding). I complained to HP months ago about the HP pump nearest to me refusing HP Pay and they asked for more details (even though the information sent initially was enough). And then they did nothing, despite a reminder.

So it's not just ICICI; HPCL doesn't care too--they have these co-branded marketing stuff like cards just to tick boxes. They are not interested in customer loyalty. Hence, HPCL and ICICI are made for each other. Both shit brands with bureaucratic working, red tape, poor products which don't deliver the basics, and ultimately a shitty customer experience.
Yes this is BS. I have this as LTF and only use when I am really low on fuel and HP is the only bunk near by. My main card is SBI BPCL. Looking to get Axis/Kotak IOCL LTF

Bro, i am also in same bus, i am facing everthing same that you have faced. No Joining benifit, no cb and surcharge reversal on fuel. When i complained it to rbi they said that its a technical glitch...
Now last option is to cancel this card and bear the loss of fees. No any other option remains...
I was on same bus, but after numerous mails and calls, Got 2000 reward points as Joining Bonus, Getting cashback of 4% manually processed, utility and grocery accelerated 5% reward points. So fight with RM and drag them to Social Media and all

I was on same bus, but after numerous mails and calls, Got 2000 reward points as Joining Bonus, Getting cashback of 4% manually processed, utility and grocery accelerated 5% reward points. So fight with RM and drag them to Social Media and all

I fail to understand -- why would you go to so much trouble? What is so unique about this card?

Today I received cashback for HPCL Super Saver card usage. Filled for ₹2500, cashback received ₹101.18 which is 4% of ~₹2525
Good for you, I’m still waiting….. Also, what was the merchant name? (Did it have HPCL in it?)
And have you fueled up from the same pump before and got cash back?

Back