• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Horrible Experience with ICICI Super Saver HPCL Credit Card

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Rupay Credit Card in March only for fuel spends, as I also use HP Pay app. They billed me within 2 days for joining fees. (500 + GST).

However, the experience has been horrible, as in, the card does nothing that it promises. Doesn't deliver what was promised on fuel and to add insult to injury, looks like the movie ticket offer and road side assistance feature is non-existent too, or has been quietly devalued.

Whether I pay at HPCL pumps swiping the card, using the credit card option on HP Pay app or adding to HP Pay balance on HP Pay app (have tried all three), am getting charged extra fuel surcharge and worse points are zilch. Nowhere near the 5% promised. As per the card T&C, they are supposed to give 2000 points on collection of first year joining fee, but have not done that either. I've called them earlier and they said they would look into it, but didn't.

There is a 25% off up to Rs 100 on booking of movie tickets on INOX website or BMS, and while I used that once it seems that offer is no longer available to users of this garbage credit card too -- the credit card page highlights the benefit, but the offer page for INOX and BMS both don't have this card mentioned and today when I checked whether the offer was available to use on BMS, didn't work as expected. Clearly another feature where devaluation has happened but ICICI Bank is quiet about it.

There is a complimentary 24x7 Roadside Assistance Feature and according to the T&C, supposed to get details on it within 60 days of joining, but no surprise, nothing has come. Perhaps this is another feature by ICICI Bank on this card that is being touted but doesn't exist in reality. Don't want to be stuck somewhere on the road to find out.

I finally told them to cancel the card over the weekend and demanded my joining fee back since the card is completely useless. According to customer service only swipes on ICICI Card POS machines at HPCL pumps get cashback, but the Membership Guide and T&C for the card says you are eligible for CB on any bank machine (talk about informed customer service!).

They called me today and offered me reversal of joining fee to not cancel the card and I took it since I wanted joining fee back, but will cancel this garbage card in a few months. Anyone considering this card--beware. It is anything but "Super Saver." It's a "Super Garbage" credit card.

Good for you, I’m still waiting….. Also, what was the merchant name? (Did it have HPCL in it?)
And have you fueled up from the same pump before and got cash back?
I did for ₹500, ₹1000, ₹1000 in last month all in 3 different pumps (checking and marking in google maps what pumps give me cashback and whats not). I forgot to take pic of the slip for ₹500, but I have the pic for two 1000s. Both did not have HPCL in the slip. My statement date is tomorrow, I will check what's entered there.

Back