• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How does someone use the concierge provided as part of a premium/super premium card?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

knowbie

TF Select
While this benefit is available on some premium card following are some common questions a new entrant to premium credit cards may have:
  • While T&C say the service is complementary - does one have to pay anything additional?
  • How will it be any different when compared to booking flights, hotels, restaurants, events on your own?
  • When should one decide to engage with a concierge?
  • Should a value be put towards a concierge service when picking a card?
  • Any unique experiences when availing concierge was better or paid off well?

While this benefit is available on some premium card following are some common questions a new entrant to premium credit cards may have:
  • While T&C say the service is complementary - does one have to pay anything additional?
  • How will it be any different when compared to booking flights, hotels, restaurants, events on your own?
  • When should one decide to engage with a concierge?
  • Should a value be put towards a concierge service when picking a card?
  • Any unique experiences when availing concierge was better or paid off well?
Except for Amex Plat Charge card, i don't think any other concierge service is worth their salt, most of them are just namesake

- You have to pay for the services you're taking (eg. If you want flowers delivered to your friend urgently, they'll charge you for handsomely for that)

- It's usually either same price or costlier compared to travel aggregators or event booking platforms, not less

- If you're into lifestyle where you're too busy to make your own reservations, these guys are helpfull

- Unless you're that busy that you'll be making a lot of reservations through them, you can't really put a price tag on it

- reservations at usually busy resturents and clubs are possible through concierge, and you might get better treatment because of the card you hold, they know you're loaded
Also i think Amex upgrades Etihad business class bookings to first class if you make reservation through thier platinum travel desk(this is an old info, not sure about current status of this offer)

Bottomline is concierge are heavily used by people who are too busy to make their on bookings
For normal folks it can get you into busy resturents and exclusive events

Last edited:
No extra service for Regalia / Infinia concierge services.
Helpful when sometimes smartbuy website giving problems to book flights.
Sometimes I just find the flight I want and tell them on phone. They book everything including redemption of points.
No extra fees - same as online smartbuy
Haven't used concierge for anything other than flight booking.

No extra service for Regalia / Infinia concierge services.
Helpful when sometimes smartbuy website giving problems to book flights.
Sometimes I just find the flight I want and tell them on phone. They book everything including redemption of points.
No extra fees - same as online smartbuy
Haven't used concierge for anything other than flight booking.
So you need to give them your HDFC Infinia card number, expiry, CVV and OTP?

I use Infinia concierge for hotel bookings during my unplanned trips when I have poor connectivity.
No extra charges. They find the hotels as per your preference and send you the link to pay.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back