• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How I doubled my HDFC credit card Limit!

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience of enhancing the credit limit of my HDFC credit card, which hasn’t been an easy task.
My credit limit was today enhanced from 3.48 lakh to 6.96 lakh.

Background:
I have my oldest credit card with HDFC, which is about 7 years & I hold a salary account with the same period. My initial limit on the card back in 2015 was 23000 approx. Although, HDFC has been proving limit enhancement offers from time to time, it usually took 1-2 years for the offer and the new limit too was not that high.

Last year, in September, I got a LE offer 2.5 lakh to 3.48 and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy & decided to do something about it.
I sent few limit enhancement forms, along with my salary slips, which were rejected & I was asked to provide a FD Lien proof, which made no sense ( My income surely qualified for a higher limit).

Here’s what I did that might have helped me get the offer:

1) Got my basic salary account upgraded to Preferred through RM’s help

2) Applied for HDFC Life insurance ( Not because I wanted LE, but I had to take a policy anyway, and decided to go with HDFC)

3) Shifted my expenses to HDFC card & increased my utilisation from 5-10% upto 30-40% for 4-5 months in a row

4) Started to park some money in my HDFC savings account, which usually has very less balance as I transfer money to a different account, usually within 1st week of the month. I started to park 1-2 lakh

5) Applied for upgrade to DCB card, which was eventually rejected as my limit on current Regalia card was less, & the nodal office support executives asked me to wait for limit enhancement offer to get the upgrade.

6) Activated AutoPay for bill payment in HDFC mobile app

7) Signed for the notification to make sure I don’t miss the limit offer

8) Needless to say, paid all my dues before time

To sum up the above, I focused on building a good relationship with HDFC bank & letting them know I am using their products & services, and they should not forget me :D

While the above pointers might not guarantee a good LE offer, you can try and see if it works for you. Happy that it did for me , and I hope you too receive the offers soon :)

Thanks,
Suhail

Attachments

• 932E15FB-6216-4F34-878D-A24C5D347051.jpeg
    932E15FB-6216-4F34-878D-A24C5D347051.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 675
I will refute your statement of good card portfolio

There are only 2 good cards for HDFC

Millennia/Regalia

DCB/Infinia
Yes i also consider only those cards . But most other banks doesn't even have 2 good cards . Example icici only have one good card Amazon pay, BOB none , idfc and induslnd is close Compitition those has 2-3 good cards, axis only has magnus, etc

Last edited:
Yes i also consider only those cards . But most other banks doesn't even have 2 good cards . Example icici only have one good card Amazon pay, BOB none , idfc and induslnd is close Compitition those has 2-3 good cards, axis only has magnus, etc
BoB has Eterna which is basically like AmEx Gold Charge or Plat Travel - Only useful for Ecom and unlimited lounge for Primary+Add on with annual waiver at 2.5L spends

Axis has Reserve, Magnus/Atlas, Vistara Infinite, Vistara Base, Ace/Airtel

Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience of enhancing the credit limit of my HDFC credit card, which hasn’t been an easy task.

Background:
I have my oldest credit card with HDFC, which is about 7 years & I hold a salary account with the same period. My initial limit on the card back in 2015 was 23000 approx. Although, HDFC has been proving limit enhancement offers from time to time, it usually took 1-2 years for the offer and the new limit too was not that high.

Last year, in September, I got a LE offer 2.5 lakh to 3.48 and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy & decided to do something about it.
I sent few limit enhancement forms, along with my salary slips, which were rejected & I was asked to provide a FD Lien proof, which made no sense ( My income surely qualified for a higher limit).

2) Applied for HDFC Life insurance ( Not because I wanted LE, but I had to take a policy anyway, and decided to go with HDFC)

3) Shifted my expenses to HDFC card & increased my utilisation from 5-10% upto 30-40% for 4-5 months in a row

4) Started to park some money in my HDFC savings account, which usually has very less balance as I transfer money to a different account, usually within 1st week of the month. I started to park 1-2 lakh

5) Applied for upgrade to DCB card, which was eventually rejected as my limit on current Regalia card was less, & the nodal office support executives asked me to wait for limit enhancement offer to get the upgrade.

To sum up the above, I focused on building a good relationship with HDFC bank & letting them know I am using their products & services, and they should not forget me :D

While the above pointers might not guarantee a good LE offer, you can try and see if it works for you. Happy that it did for me , and I hope you too receive the offers soon :)

Thanks,
Suhail
Appreciate your patience bro. But Is it really worth? You struggled a lot for this. You can keep these effort for other bank which might have offered you more value to you.... just curious why these much you have tried to impress HDFC to get things to done...

Appreciate your patience bro. But Is it really worth? You struggled a lot for this. You can keep these effort for other bank which might have offered you more value to you.... just curious why these much you have tried to impress HDFC to get things to done...
Good question. I agree that other banks would have given me a higher limit without investing so much time and energy, for example ICICI APay increased my limit from 2 L to 4.9 Lakh within 1.5 Yr easily. However, HDFC is my oldest card and account. I feel u should get the maximum out of the relationship with ur oldest relationship Bank/Card. My goal is Infinia card May be next year so the effort so far seems worth it. Like I said, the credit limit on my Regalia card 1 year ago was 2.25 Lakh & within a year it’s been increased 3X to 6.9 Lakh. I am targeting to build a stronger relationship and get the limit bumped to 10L in a year :)

HDFC sometimes makes no sense at all. Example

My father is hdfc imperia customer with average balance of around 10lac also have joint corporate premium CC with 6 lac limit also had taken 2-3 business loan upwards of 6Cr and paid them back and 2 car loans from them 1st 12lac lone closed in October 2022 and new 25lac loan in November 2022 .

but when he applied his first cc 1 year ago he got limit of 62000....but strange part i applied for my first CC 2 months before my father did . I am student with average balance of 2-3 lac and no credit score also no income but i got limit of 1lac...😅

They trust broke college student but don't trust 50 year man who earns 1cr a year
Debt-to-income Ratio is a critical factor for bank to decide upon Eligibility & Credit Limit Provided.

Looks like you're bringing a lot of business to the table for HDFC🤣
Congrats once again. Do let us know how did you manage to get it LTF
Hahaha, I just called the customer support & requested them to convert it to LTF. Simply told them that I’m not getting new card offers, and spending fine on Regalia with not so good reward rate, blah blah blah… within 2 days they converted to LTF.

Hahaha, I just called the customer support & requested them to convert it to LTF. Simply told them that I’m not getting new card offers, and spending fine on Regalia with not so good reward rate, blah blah blah… within 2 days they converted to LTF.
How many months back? Now a days they are rejecting LTF conversion for most of the people...

Good question. I agree that other banks would have given me a higher limit without investing so much time and energy, for example ICICI APay increased my limit from 2 L to 4.9 Lakh within 1.5 Yr easily. However, HDFC is my oldest card and account. I feel u should get the maximum out of the relationship with ur oldest relationship Bank/Card. My goal is Infinia card May be next year so the effort so far seems worth it. Like I said, the credit limit on my Regalia card 1 year ago was 2.25 Lakh & within a year it’s been increased 3X to 6.9 Lakh. I am targeting to build a stronger relationship and get the limit bumped to 10L in a year :)
All the best Bro 👍🏻

@suhailmz

HDFC sometimes makes no sense at all. Example

My father is hdfc imperia customer with average balance of around 10lac also have joint corporate premium CC with 6 lac limit also had taken 2-3 business loan upwards of 6Cr and paid them back and 2 car loans from them 1st 12lac lone closed in October 2022 and new 25lac loan in November 2022 .

but when he applied his first cc 1 year ago he got limit of 62000....but strange part i applied for my first CC 2 months before my father did . I am student with average balance of 2-3 lac and no credit score also no income but i got limit of 1lac...😅

They trust broke college student but don't trust 50 year man who earns 1cr a year
That is where they see the business opportunity, a college student is sometimes sure to miss his payment leading to higher interests and credit debt .

It was*
In January 2023, they (along with Niva Bupa) added some neuro and cancer related injectibles in their exclusion list which is still covered by some other insurance companies.
Interesting, do you have any preference for any specific health insurance provider/plan?

Interesting, do you have any preference for any specific health insurance provider/plan?
I have taken New India Assurance Policy after a lot of search & research and asking in hospitals by going there personally. It'd suit you only if "cashless facility" is not your priority and you are living in the plain areas mostly.

Hi All,

Background:

Thanks,
Suhail
I am holding hdfc moneyback+ with credit limit of 46k from past 18months and also using regularly. I have a Homeloan which will be debited from this bank along hdfc ergo insurance . I have requested 100+times for LE but not increased. I have highest limit in apay card of 2.4L from past 3months. Is there anyway to increase Hdfc limit?

Back