• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How I doubled my HDFC credit card Limit!

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience of enhancing the credit limit of my HDFC credit card, which hasn’t been an easy task.
My credit limit was today enhanced from 3.48 lakh to 6.96 lakh.

Background:
I have my oldest credit card with HDFC, which is about 7 years & I hold a salary account with the same period. My initial limit on the card back in 2015 was 23000 approx. Although, HDFC has been proving limit enhancement offers from time to time, it usually took 1-2 years for the offer and the new limit too was not that high.

Last year, in September, I got a LE offer 2.5 lakh to 3.48 and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy & decided to do something about it.
I sent few limit enhancement forms, along with my salary slips, which were rejected & I was asked to provide a FD Lien proof, which made no sense ( My income surely qualified for a higher limit).

Here’s what I did that might have helped me get the offer:

1) Got my basic salary account upgraded to Preferred through RM’s help

2) Applied for HDFC Life insurance ( Not because I wanted LE, but I had to take a policy anyway, and decided to go with HDFC)

3) Shifted my expenses to HDFC card & increased my utilisation from 5-10% upto 30-40% for 4-5 months in a row

4) Started to park some money in my HDFC savings account, which usually has very less balance as I transfer money to a different account, usually within 1st week of the month. I started to park 1-2 lakh

5) Applied for upgrade to DCB card, which was eventually rejected as my limit on current Regalia card was less, & the nodal office support executives asked me to wait for limit enhancement offer to get the upgrade.

6) Activated AutoPay for bill payment in HDFC mobile app

7) Signed for the notification to make sure I don’t miss the limit offer

8) Needless to say, paid all my dues before time

To sum up the above, I focused on building a good relationship with HDFC bank & letting them know I am using their products & services, and they should not forget me :D

While the above pointers might not guarantee a good LE offer, you can try and see if it works for you. Happy that it did for me , and I hope you too receive the offers soon :)

Thanks,
Suhail

Attachments

• 932E15FB-6216-4F34-878D-A24C5D347051.jpeg
    932E15FB-6216-4F34-878D-A24C5D347051.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 675
I am holding hdfc moneyback+ with credit limit of 46k from past 18months and also using regularly. I have a Homeloan which will be debited from this bank along hdfc ergo insurance . I have requested 100+times for LE but not increased. I have highest limit in apay card of 2.4L from past 3months. Is there anyway to increase Hdfc limit
How are you placing the LE request?

Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience of enhancing the credit limit of my HDFC credit card, which hasn’t been an easy task.

Background:
I have my oldest credit card with HDFC, which is about 7 years & I hold a salary account with the same period. My initial limit on the card back in 2015 was 23000 approx. Although, HDFC has been proving limit enhancement offers from time to time, it usually took 1-2 years for the offer and the new limit too was not that high.

Last year, in September, I got a LE offer 2.5 lakh to 3.48 and I took it. However, I wasn’t happy & decided to do something about it.
I sent few limit enhancement forms, along with my salary slips, which were rejected & I was asked to provide a FD Lien proof, which made no sense ( My income surely qualified for a higher limit).

2) Applied for HDFC Life insurance ( Not because I wanted LE, but I had to take a policy anyway, and decided to go with HDFC)

3) Shifted my expenses to HDFC card & increased my utilisation from 5-10% upto 30-40% for 4-5 months in a row

4) Started to park some money in my HDFC savings account, which usually has very less balance as I transfer money to a different account, usually within 1st week of the month. I started to park 1-2 lakh

5) Applied for upgrade to DCB card, which was eventually rejected as my limit on current Regalia card was less, & the nodal office support executives asked me to wait for limit enhancement offer to get the upgrade.

To sum up the above, I focused on building a good relationship with HDFC bank & letting them know I am using their products & services, and they should not forget me :D

While the above pointers might not guarantee a good LE offer, you can try and see if it works for you. Happy that it did for me , and I hope you too receive the offers soon :)

Thanks,
Suhail
I heard this from one of my friends - He used to NOT get regular and good LE offers on HDFC bank Millenia CC. So, he stopped using it for a while and registered other banks' 3-4 credit cards in HDFC netbanking Bill pay and kept paying other bank CC bills through HDFC debit card. Bill payments were in the range of 65-70K average per month. After 5 months he got a sudden LE from 81k to 3.4L.

He used HDFC CC for almost 4 years but never got such offers. All of a sudden, after he stopped using it, he surprisingly got that offer. Is it an attempt by HDFC bank algorithms to arrest the usage of other bank cards and attract customer to start using their own brand ? Not sure if anyone had this experience, just wanted to get it clarified from you all. If true, then maintaining high NRV, Salary accounts, FD, using HDFC CC regularly - all these are of no use ?

Hi All,

Background:

Thanks,
Suhail
Although we know all the points but still helpful when it's chalked down.

I heard this from one of my friends - He used to NOT get regular and good LE offers on HDFC bank Millenia CC. So, he stopped using it for a while and registered other banks' 3-4 credit cards in HDFC netbanking Bill pay and kept paying other bank CC bills through HDFC debit card. Bill payments were in the range of 65-70K average per month. After 5 months he got a sudden LE from 81k to 3.4L.

He used HDFC CC for almost 4 years but never got such offers. All of a sudden, after he stopped using it, he surprisingly got that offer. Is it an attempt by HDFC bank algorithms to arrest the usage of other bank cards and attract customer to start using their own brand ? Not sure if anyone had this experience, just wanted to get it clarified from you all. If true, then maintaining high NRV, Salary accounts, FD, using HDFC CC regularly - all these are of no use ?
oh.. good to know this.. did anyone else observe the same? (know about it)

Back