• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

i suggest keeping sbm account. it's essentially a 0 bal account with quarterly 3 lounge access, 0 markup on intl. transactions. nobody calls you for buying some shitty product or taking cc

surprised to see yes bank having great service. didn't even consider to open acc there till now.

that dante's reference made me chuckle & appreciate the diversity & yet closeness of the ppl in this community.
Sbm bank debit card is not allowing in international transactions i think.

Other benefits are good. But customer support is bad.

Sbm bank debit card is not allowing in international transactions i think.

Other benefits are good. But customer support is bad.
Could you please explain how their service is bad? What arebthe issues?
I have never faced any problems with them. I jave hardly needed to visit but when I do, it's mostly to say hello and they always offer a nice lounge along with coffee. The RMs have also been quite efficient, educated and professional. In fact, a couple of years ago, when the best FD rates were 6 to 7% anywhere, they offered me much higher rates of 8% on an off the record secret basis. Obviously for somewhat large deposits.

I have never faced any problems with them. I jave hardly needed to visit but when I do, it's mostly to say hello and they always offer a nice lounge along with coffee. The RMs have also been quite efficient, educated and professional. In fact, a couple of years ago, when the best FD rates were 6 to 7% anywhere, they offered me much higher rates of 8% on an off the record secret basis. Obviously for somewhat large deposits.
For me customer support means call support & email support.. i don't like to visit branch for any reason.

Call support team is really bad..
And the email guys don't reply.

For me customer support means call support & email support.. i don't like to visit branch for any reason.

Call support team is really bad..
And the email guys don't reply.
Why call and email? Just get to know your RM and directly contact him or her. In any case, what do you need to call or email about?

I open a account in sbm online. Got a wealth debit card.. no rm though.

I open a account in sbm online. Got a wealth debit card.. no rm though.
Visit or call your brach sometime and find out who your RM is. Then get to know him or her for the future. You must have substantial deposits with them to hold the wealth account. So they should treat you well.

I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.
Sbi- salary account
Indusind bank- Indus delight
AU small finance- zero balance for rupay platinum
Indian bank- earlier salary account

Nothing like that. She is happily married and I often go with my wife. Just nice to interact with her. She has even invited us to her home a couple of times. She is quite well off and has a nice 2 crore plus flat.
Are you living in an alternate universe or is it just us getting the other end of the spectrum

As for banking, I don't like interacting with bank guys/gals, I like my support the good old way; letter/email/call, and Every hot banker I've met tried to sell me some stuff I didn't want. And I think I speak for everyone "Give us a proof or didn't happen"

Last edited:
having experienced all types of customer service from sbm bank i can confidently say things about them.

their toll free no./email/contact us form in website is just shit. like i don't think there's a bank with worse customer care. and im saying this after talking to the head of customer care centre over in Mumbai several times.

having interacted with branch officials in BLR, DEL several times, it depends.

for ex. my RM in BLR is truly useless. i couldn't even get the chequebook for my account through her, but she surely calls every quarter ending & tells me to deposit some money & refer the bank in my circle.

coming to del, the lady i talked there with is knowledgeable & really customer centric. she replies to mails very fast, also does as much as she can through phone call. all this even though im not even associated with their branch. im thinking of shifting to del branch because of this treatment. will see.

having experienced all types of customer service from sbm bank i can confidently say things about them.

their toll free no./email/contact us form in website is just shit. like i don't think there's a bank with worse customer care. and im saying this after talking to the head of customer care centre over in Mumbai several times.

having interacted with branch officials in BLR, DEL several times, it depends.

for ex. my RM in BLR is truly useless. i couldn't even get the chequebook for my account through her, but she surely calls every quarter ending & tells me to deposit some money & refer the bank in my circle.

coming to del, the lady i talked there with is knowledgeable & really customer centric. she replies to mails very fast, also does as much as she can through phone call. all this even though im not even associated with their branch. im thinking of shifting to del branch because of this treatment. will see.
Just to add, I think a bank's behavior towards a normal common man is what makes them good in my eyes. Everyone sucks up to a person with 20-30L NRV. SBI is the only bank that treats everyone equally, I got treated like shit when I deposited INR 100 for the first time and I get treated like shit with 20L NRV. The great equalizer :ROFLMAO:

Nothing like that. She is happily married and I often go with my wife. Just nice to interact with her. She has even invited us to her home a couple of times. She is quite well off and has a nice 2 crore plus flat.
now im definitely gonna need that branch details. ill even book a flight to there if it's not nearby.

now im jealous. i always keep my fds there. >5lakhs too. my RM says why do you do fd. keep it in SB. im like wtf? you should be incentivizing me to do more fds by offering better roi

Back