• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

Could you please explain how their service is bad? What arebthe issues?
I have never faced any problems with them. I jave hardly needed to visit but when I do, it's mostly to say hello and they always offer a nice lounge along with coffee. The RMs have also been quite efficient, educated and professional. In fact, a couple of years ago, when the best FD rates were 6 to 7% anywhere, they offered me much higher rates of 8% on an off the record secret basis. Obviously for somewhat large deposits.
How did you open wealth account??
Also do you really think sbm is reliable after some or the other restrictions being imposed by RBI??

Are you living in an alternate universe or is it just us getting the other end of the spectrum

As for banking, I don't like interacting with bank guys/gals, I like my support the good old way; letter/email/call, and Every hot banker I've met tried to sell me some stuff I didn't want. And I think I speak for everyone "Give us a proof or didn't happen"
What sort of proof?

G
Are you living in an alternate universe or is it just us getting the other end of the spectrum

As for banking, I don't like interacting with bank guys/gals, I like my support the good old way; letter/email/call, and Every hot banker I've met tried to sell me some stuff I didn't want. And I think I speak for everyone "Give us a proof or didn't happen"
Generally speaking, there is no need to visit a branch now. It's only to open the account, some follow up or if you happen to be there and had some questions. Like for AU, I opened the account, then I went back a couple of days later as I was passing by and had some questions. Then I went to upgrade from Royal to Ivy. Then to request a credit card and a couple of times to check status. Then she begged me to have my wife open an account. All this way when I was nearby. Sometimes you go to operate a locker. Otherwise, there is no reason to just go. Sometimes I might not go for a year or more. Like Induisnd, I haven't been for years. SBM, I hadn't gone for a while till they demanded re KYC. Sometimes you have to go deposit a cheque.

Just to add, I think a bank's behavior towards a normal common man is what makes them good in my eyes. Everyone sucks up to a person with 20-30L NRV. SBI is the only bank that treats everyone equally, I got treated like shit when I deposited INR 100 for the first time and I get treated like shit with 20L NRV. The great equalizer :ROFLMAO:
I don't think they care for just 20 lakhs. I keep 50 lakhs in HDFC plus stock and bonds and they won't even give me a decent credit card.

Not sure what proof I can provide. I am attaching a screenshot of my IDFC balance to show that I can keep a reasonable amount in a bank. Obviously can't share photos of a banker. I can try taking photos of the lounge or coffee the next time! See the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG-20221125-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20221125-WA0013.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 109
Back