• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

DBS Treasures 10/10 - quite a few benefits including airport transfers, meet and greet services, and a somewhat useful concierge.
I started with this bank account and their service has been flawless. International transfers are hassle free and done online. The app is pretty good. Their service is overall has been great and they offer a lot of services regarding advise and planning for everything. By far the best I've used. Very polished bank, services and app. They call themselves the safest bank in Asia and they do behave like so, they do everything by the book, no shady stuff and they are a very transparent bank. It is a pleasure to do anything related to banking via any channel.

Standard Chartered aXcessPlus 10/10 - probably on par with DBS but with more ease of transactions and use. Not offering so many premium services/benefits but they are great if you don't use them.
Their service in the branch and online has been excellent. I have been able to do everything online and get all request done without visiting a branch. International transfers are hassle free and done online.
The app is also pretty good! As for benefits not any worth mentioning. Solid bank! This and DBS has been beyond excellent banks, service and support. It is a pleasure to do anything related to banking via any channel.

Deutsche Bank Advantage 6/10 (would close) - well, while I haven't had issues with them they're a more old fashioned bank. Their app sucks, feels like you traveled back in time and also require trips to the bank branch to get things done and they have almost no presence pan India so that is a big issue. They even issued a debit card that didn't pass Luhns algorithm or any other algorithm so I was unable to use their card anywhere except their ATM but once exchanged all good. When mandates and other linkages to your bank account for verification, etc the support is non-existent so you might not be able to do them online. Wouldn't recommend them, they need to step up. It works but nothing special. It is just a a slight hassle in general even tho you can get things done without much fuzz just make sure you have a bank branch nearby. For expats or those that live or have to deal in other countries where they have presence (and no other alternatives are available) it might work just fine. No Hate here.

HDFC Preferred 7/10 (closed) - Nothing but utter crap and nonsense stuff compared to the DBS and Standard Chartered. I'd compare them more to Deutsche Bank minus all the offerings/services that HDFC has which I don't use often. I would not recommend them except for basic banking and obviously their good offers for online shopping. Their service and support is way way behind that of DBS and Standard Chartered via all channels. They do eventually get things done but it isn't a pleasure to deal with them, it is a hassle the same as Deutsche Bank. You'll probably frown and sigh whenever you have to deal with them, they'll get things done... with some hassle. I slightly hate them overall, except for their credit card offers. That's the only upside to HDFC in my experience.

I do not have specific use cases for either one, I use SC and DBS equally for everything, never put all your eggs in one basket and Deutsche Bank would be my backup for these two bank accounts.
With deutsche bank, you also gotta change the netbanking password every one two month and it cant be the same as the last password. Then there are two passwords for login and transaction. Its so irritating that i have just stopped using netbanking and mainly just use it for UPI

With deutsche bank, you also gotta change the netbanking password every one two month and it cant be the same as the last password. Then there are two passwords for login and transaction. Its so irritating that i have just stopped using netbanking and mainly just use it for UPI
Also,
Standard Chartered is one of the worst bank customer services to deal with. (Have an account since 10 years. Closing it now). ReKYC has to be done in the branch. Even Federal Bank has an online way to do reKYC. SC branches are empty so it's good if and when you want to visit the branch. Any Indian bank is a lot better. YMMV.

1.icici ( rupay platinum dc)
2.hdfc (millenia and platinum dc )
3.rbl ( sig plus dc)
4.union bank of india ( most favourite bank)
5.SBI (my oldest account)
6.AU ( for rupay platinum dc and pre approved cc)
7.IDFC ( for their dc rp value)
8.pnb ( no use, tried to close but manager insisted not to so leaving as is)
9.indusind ( for select dc and funding via dc feature)
10.standard chartered bank ( for pre approved cc and prime dc)

Wife has
1.kotak
2.bob
3.union bank of india

Closed are
1.axis
2.jupiter (regret for closing)
HOW YOU HAVE 2DC IN HDFC ,
YOU COMMENTED millenia and platinum dc

IS THAT TRUE, BOTH CARDS ACTIVE AT THE SAME TIME

PLEASE REPLY TQ

Many other banks have similar policies!

Any banks which allow MFA as Google Authenticator , for login or transaction credentials?
TOTP is so much safer and quicker than SMS OTP.

Does anyone use a CA as a SA ?

I had opened a CA as a favor to my RM in RBL while still operating a SA but since I am not using it the a/c is at -1200 which the BM says he will reverse if I use it normally and put about 50-60k in it.

What do you all think should/can we use a CA a/c as a normal SA. Additionally I am a salaried guy so not into any sort of business.

Does anyone use a CA as a SA ?

I had opened a CA as a favor to my RM in RBL while still operating a SA but since I am not using it the a/c is at -1200 which the BM says he will reverse if I use it normally and put about 50-60k in it.

What do you all think should/can we use a CA a/c as a normal SA. Additionally I am a salaried guy so not into any sort of business.
If you do few trxns, a normal SB account would do. Current Account - though doesn't give any interest to you - allows unlimited (or very many) trxns without any charges.

Choose as per your need.

Back