• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

I am the owner. Same mobile number, two accounts, two different customer ids.
I can see two accounts on the App as well.
Regardless of the two account types, the higher status takes precedence. Hence Burgundy customer.

I am the owner. Same mobile number, two accounts, two different customer ids.
I can see two accounts on the App as well.

Then, If I'm not mistaken, two customer IDs for the same person in the same bank is against some RBI rule!

Banks have been merging different customer IDs for the same customer for some years now, in accordance with that RBI mandate.

But then again, since when have Axis started obeying rules?!

Then, If I'm not mistaken, two customer IDs for the same person in the same bank is against some RBI rule!

Banks have been merging different customer IDs for the same customer for some years now, in accordance with that RBI mandate.

Can you send me the circular?

I have 3 customer ID with ICICI.💀💀

ICICI creates new customer ID per account.

Can you send me the circular?

Sorry, I don't have it with me. You could try the RBI site, or even ask Axis Bank, if interested.

I have 3 customer ID with ICICI.💀💀

ICICI creates new customer ID per account.

I am confused now! Multiple banks got me to merge my distinct customer IDs some years back, giving RBI requirement as the reason! In fact banks have a specific customer ID merger form for this purpose. Axis also has this.

When I had opened my Axis Burgundy account a few years back, they had some technical difficulties delaying the process. It turned out that they had saved my 20-year-old customer ID for an old, closed account with the then UTI Bank in another city! They dug that up and assigned that to me all over again, so the process could be completed. They could as well have assigned me a new customer ID if so allowed, to save all that trouble!

Sorry, I don't have it with me. You could try the RBI site, or even ask Axis Bank, if interested.

I am confused now! Multiple banks got me to merge my distinct customer IDs some years back, giving RBI requirement as the reason! In fact banks have a specific customer ID merger form for this purpose. Axis also has this.

When I had opened my Axis Burgundy account a few years back, they had some technical difficulties delaying the process. It turned out that they had saved my 20-year-old customer ID for an old, closed account with the then UTI Bank in another city! They dug that up and assigned that to me all over again, so the process could be completed. They could as well have assigned me a new customer ID if so allowed, to save all that trouble!
Probably and as per the circular you can only have one BSBDA per bank.

Back