• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many mutual funds do you invest in?

7 to 8 % expected. Sometimes it goes little up and little down as well. Credit risk very very low.
50% invest this fund "Edelweiss CRISIL IBX 50:50 Gilt Plus SDL Short Duration Index Fund"
50% in "HDFC Money Market Fund"
in the past years i've noticed psu sector giving quite some returns so what is your opinion about psu funds like sbi psu fund or aditya birly sun life psu fund??

I started investing in 2012 and over time, I have made investments in 29 mutual funds. Currently, I am only investing in 5 Mutual Funds via SIPs across different categories. I want to consolidate my current investments. What approach should I take?
  1. SWP (Systematic Withdrawal Plan)
  2. Redeem all at once
  3. STP (Systematic Transfer Plan)
1 - To Avoid Exit Loads.. Tax also will be staggered and move to LTCG Vs STCG.
2 - Avoid as you will pay tax and again deploy in the market only somewhere.. Unless you plan to spend.. Dont withdraw in one shot.
3 - Transfer to where? If u r already in Equity the other options are debt / gold... For debt STP is not recommended as interest rates will drop soon.. STP is used for Debt to Equity for best results

What's your take on
KOTAK's newly launched NFO
MNC FUND ?

Open now, till 21/10.

Want opinion of MF Experts for my family friend. I/we are NOT into MFs.
Sir allow me to put my logic
In case of any NFO,
1. We should not buy that thru any agent, bank, distributor etc. because there will be a huge commission that's why it is being sold to you and might not be right for you.
2. The fund is a new fund offer that means there is no past information about the performance and the management of the fund. I would prefer to wait for atleast 6 months and track the fund after NFO to know if it is managed properly and outperform the existing funds in same category.
3. In any NFO the expense ratio could be higher compared to the existing funds. Better explained in this one minute video

There are already existing MNC funds from HDFC, ICICI, UTI etc. which are there for us to track the fund performance and fund manager as well.

Hope this helps

A lot of overlap.
just stick with only one fund is enough.

ICICI Largemidcap 250 index fund; Go with Zerodha ELSS Largemidcap 250 index fund if you have some amount in in 80c.

Or

Invest these two funds.
Nifty 50 or Sensex (50%)
Nifty Next 50 (50%)
Thanks. I may go with just one or two funds. Not opting for ELSS, last year income tax paid is 6L. Any legal ways to reduce it?

ICICI Nifty 50 Index
SBI Next 50 Index
HDFC Large Midcap 150 Index
HDFC Developed World FoF
ICICI Nasdaq 100 Index
HDFC Nifty 200 Momentum 30

What's your take on
KOTAK's newly launched NFO
MNC FUND ?

Open now, till 21/10.

Want opinion of MF Experts for my family friend. I/we are NOT into MFs.
General thumb rule. Don't apply NFO.
It is a thematic Fund. Not for beginners. You should know when to enter and exit.
Better avoid this fund.

Better than debt fund go for FD in any SFB you will easily get 9% interest.
Most of the SFB offer only 8.25 for general. That too risk. You can invest up to 4L. Insurance cover till 5L. If anything happened these bank, You have to wait longer period of time to get your capital from insurance.

in the past years i've noticed psu sector giving quite some returns so what is your opinion about psu funds like sbi psu fund or aditya birly sun life psu fund??
In debt portfolio, don't expect return. Safe your capital. My suggestions are Overnight, Liquid, Money Market and GILT funds.

Thanks. I may go with just one or two funds. Not opting for ELSS, last year income tax paid is 6L. Any legal ways to reduce it?
You are a UHNI 😀. ELSS is not needed for you. I think you go with more funds.

1) Sensex or Nifty 50 [Large Cap]
2) Nifty Next 50 [Large Cap]
3) Nifty Midcap 150 or Momentum 50 [MidCap]
4) Nifty 500 Momentum [Flexi Cap]
5) Nifty 500 Value [Flexi Cap]
6) International funds not allowed via MF. Go NASDAQ 100 in ETF. [Large Cap]
7) Any small cap index whichever you like.

I think you have 80 C filled with EPF and VPF.

If your are not invest NPS, invest max 50K per year. so you will get 15K tax benefit.

No legal ways to reduce Tax 😛😛😛😛

ICICI Nifty 50 Index
SBI Next 50 Index
HDFC Large Midcap 150 Index
HDFC Developed World FoF
ICICI Nasdaq 100 Index
HDFC Nifty 200 Momentum 30
First 2 okay.
3) Go with Midcap 150 index.
4) Not needed.
5) Continue
6) Instead of Nifty 200, go with Nifty 500 Momentum 50 (some small exposure there).

Navi nifty 50
Uti nifty next 50
Navi midcap 150
Parag Parikh flexi cap
Navi us tot stock fof
Sbi dynamic bond
Bandhan small cap
First three good.
4) Parag is not performing recent years. Go with Nifty 500 Momentum or Value funds. or both.
5) it has 5000 stocks. Better go with NASDAQ.
6) Instead of this, go with GILT fund.
7) Go with any small cap index funds which you like.

@fradela this is not a discussion thread, where people are seeking your help. People are just sharing their funds and that's it.

You don't need to reply to each one of the posts. I'm specifically talking about your last 2 posts. Rest are fine.
When people found that one person is giving free financial advise, they are queuing up!
And the giver finds it satisfying in helping sort out other people's money problems.

First 2 okay.
3) Go with Midcap 150 index.
4) Not needed.
5) Continue
6) Instead of Nifty 200, go with Nifty 500 Momentum 50 (some small exposure there).
Sorry it's midcap 150 index not large midcap, most of the nifty 500 momentum 50 mf launched last month so only choice I have at the time of investing is nifty 200, hdfc developed world fof currently not investable due to sebi regulation

Back