• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many mutual funds do you invest in?

When people found that one person is giving free financial advise, they are queuing up!
And the giver finds it satisfying in helping sort out other people's money problems.
Exactly 😂

nothing is wrong in giving out info, but it's just people should do their due diligence. Everyone has different goals, risk appetite, and different ways of investing.

For example, he likes index funds (passive), others might prefer active funds. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One of the most important thing is asset allocation and list goes on..

Most of the SFB offer only 8.25 for general. That too risk. You can invest up to 4L. Insurance cover till 5L. If anything happened these bank, You have to wait longer period of time to get your capital from insurance.
Firstly Unity SFB and North East SFB offering 9% interest rate.. talking about risk, these are scheduled commercial banks with CRR maintained and regulated by RBI. A basic analysis on these banks would boost confidence.
For a person investing for not more than 3 years, it's better to go for FD.

@fradela this is not a discussion thread, where people are seeking your help. People are just sharing their funds and that's it.

You don't need to reply to each one of the posts. I'm specifically talking about your last 2 posts. Rest are fine.
Thanks @6ix9ine bhai
Mai bolna chahta tha yahi but bol nahi raha tha bcz wo fradela naya banda hai..
@fradela you are suggesting funds without assessing the risk profile or expectations of the person. Index funds are great but not for everyone

Thanks @6ix9ine bhai
Mai bolna chahta tha yahi but bol nahi raha tha bcz wo fradela naya banda hai..
Same bhai, mai initially socha ki chodho 1-2 mai karega but then he started replying to whole section 🤣, I was like this will not end well for people and their future investments.

@fradela you are suggesting funds without assessing the risk profile or expectations of the person. Index funds are great but not for everyone
Totally agree

Firstly Unity SFB and North East SFB offering 9% interest rate.. talking about risk, these are scheduled commercial banks with CRR maintained and regulated by RBI. A basic analysis on these banks would boost confidence.
For a person investing for not more than 3 years, it's better to go for FD.
Unity has NO Internet Banking and Mobile Banking.
North East SFB only in North East India.

Exactly 😂

nothing is wrong in giving out info, but it's just people should do their due diligence. Everyone has different goals, risk appetite, and different ways of investing.

For example, he likes index funds (passive), others might prefer active funds. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One of the most important thing is asset allocation and list goes

But you can book FDs thru stable money or wint wealth. The FD can be managed via these aggregators.
Can you withdraw right away if you would need money? FD via aggregators is not a good idea.

@fradela this is not a discussion thread, where people are seeking your help. People are just sharing their funds and that's it.

You don't need to reply to each one of the posts. I'm specifically talking about your last 2 posts. Rest are fine.
then @fradela create a new discussion thread as simple as that will be helpful to many beginners : ) and those who are interested will join there is no harm in learning is there?

First three good.
4) Parag is not performing recent years. Go with Nifty 500 Momentum or Value funds. or both.
5) it has 5000 stocks. Better go with NASDAQ.
6) Instead of this, go with GILT fund.
7) Go with any small cap index funds which you like.
Are we able to apply for Nasdaq funds? On kubera every mf house have disabled further investments.

Are we able to apply for Nasdaq funds? On kubera every mf house have disabled further investments.
That's not a fault of Kuvera.

SEBI has put a restriction on it due to RBI's mandate. RBI has set a $7 billion industry-wide limit for overseas funds, with a $1 billion limit per fund house.

We have already exceeded this limit, so until the RBI raises the limit, we will not be able to invest in overseas funds.

You can still invest through ETF (we also have a separate $1 billion limit for this), but you will end up paying premium amount, which will ultimately reduce your returns overtime.

I'm new to mutual funds. Any suggestions?
What's your age?
Do you have any illnesses or anxiety related issues?
Do you have patience?
Do you like to experiment or you just want simple things?
Are you insured (health and life both)?
What do you expect in terms of returns like for a 1000rs invested how much do you want to withdraw?
Do you have a stable earning?

Answer these questions to get appropriate suggestions.

That's not a fault of Kuvera.

SEBI has put a restriction on it due to RBI's mandate. RBI has set a $7 billion industry-wide limit for overseas funds, with a $1 billion limit per fund house.

We have already exceeded this limit, so until the RBI raises the limit, we will not be able to invest in overseas funds.

You can still invest through ETF (we also have a separate $1 billion limit for this), but you will end up paying premium amount, which will ultimately reduce your returns overtime.
So how one should invest in Nasdaq as of now?

Not an investment advice. On Kuvera you still can invest via SIP in Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FoF Growth Direct Plan

Unless you had invested before in any overseas funds, you can't start a fresh investment.

My mutual fund portfolio which is about 35% of my monthly investment is below
1. ICICI value discovery
2. Parag Parikh flexi cap
3. ICICI NASDAQ 100 / MOTILAL OSWAL NASDAQ 100
4. Motilal Oswal microcap 250

A word of advice, if you are a reasonable financial litrature person( I guess most of us using this forum are) stop investing in Largecap/Nifty 50/ Sensex as you can easily buy the individual shares directly without much risk compared to the MF managers. Stop giving them free money. In long run it will save you crores.

My goal for investing in MFs is to invest in something which I can't invest directly without much research/effort hence the expense ratio is worth it.

PS: The guys who are chasing MFS of QUANT fund house need to lower their expectations as once your AUM goes big you can't churn that much to generate alpha. It was possible for them as their AUM were small earlier.

Back