• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many mutual funds do you invest in?

Ohh bhai mujhe saab pelenge ispe, let's do this
Current portfolio (Don't judge me :p, Feel free to ask any question on my style)
ELSS:
Axis Long Term Equity Direct Plan-Growth
DSP Tax Saver Direct Plan-Growth
Invesco India Tax Plan Direct-Growth
Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund Direct-Growth
Parag Parikh Tax Saver Fund Direct - Growth
Quant Tax Plan Direct-Growth

Active:
Quant Flexi Cap Fund Direct-Growth
Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct-Growth
Quant Mid Cap Fund Direct-Growth
Quant Small Cap Fund Direct Plan-Growth

Passive:
Navi Nifty 50 Index Fund Direct - Growth
Navi Nifty Midcap 150 Index Fund Direct - Growth
Motilal Oswal Nifty Smallcap 250 Index Fund Direct - Growth
Quant Flexi Cap Fund Direct-Growth, Nippon India Large Cap Fund Direct, Quant Mid Cap Fund Dir...png
Lo bhai sabka crazy overlap stats

View attachment 57420
Lo bhai sabka crazy overlap stats
Everyone need to learn this stuff. Helps a lot during investing
MutualFundStyleBox2-995a2449c69a430ebc5b3124e95618d5.png

issue overlap ki dikkate khatam ho jati hai, still have a look at their stocks

Last edited:
Damn, you guys are at another level with regards to diversity in portfolio
I just started my journey in Mar 24 so I'm a newbie
Quant mid cap
Quant small cap
Parag Parikh flexi cap

Damn, you guys are at another level with regards to diversity in portfolio
I just started my journey in Mar 24 so I'm a newbie
Quant mid cap
Quant small cap
Parag Parikh flexi cap
As a newbie you’re doing damn good as of now. Just to point out as they say, active funds hardly beat their benchmarks except few active funds. The investing style of quant is very different than rest and many pundits criticised their way but they haven given too good to be true return over the years. On a similar line PPFAS flexi has some US stocks in their portfolio. In current market scenario they are working more than fine and never tested a big fall. Although I am okay with it to let it flow.

Quote:
I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings obliteration. I will face my fear and I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Hi.
I never made enough money to do SIPs or investments.
All I could manage was park money Here and there untill due date.

I have started investing when the market fell during poll. A few stocks and Lump sump in Index fund.

Now I want to do SIPs. I thought about small cap funds but it seems they're overvalued already. Actually I feel everything is overvalued rn.

Please recommend MFs I could do SIP and hope for a financially sound future.

Thank you.

Hi.

I have started investing when the market fell during poll. A few stocks and Lump sump in Index fund.

Now I want to do SIPs. I thought about small cap funds but it seems they're overvalued already. Actually I feel everything is overvalued rn.

Thank you.
Mutual funds are never overvalued 😂
Rather the stocks are💀

Hi.

Thank you.
put all of your money into ANDY on eth

As a newbie you’re doing damn good as of now. Just to point out as they say, active funds hardly beat their benchmarks except few active funds. The investing style of quant is very different than rest and many pundits criticised their way but they haven given too good to be true return over the years. On a similar line PPFAS flexi has some US stocks in their portfolio. In current market scenario they are working more than fine and never tested a big fall. Although I am okay with it to let it flow.

Quote:
I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings obliteration. I will face my fear and I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
I need more information about asset reallocation like why and when to do it?

Hi.

Thank you.
You don't say a fund is overvalued/undervalued! You can say a stock is overvalued or undervalued. To stay away from this judgment we invest in MF, it's the job of the fund manager to decide as per the fund style.

You don't say a fund is overvalued/undervalued! You can say a stock is overvalued or undervalued. To stay away from this judgment we invest in MF, it's the job of the fund manager to decide as per the fund style.
So let's say the Bubble bursts.
Funds and stocks both will have a fall.

Timing is the key right?
So should I invest now or wait for a burst?

I need more information about asset reallocation like why and when to do it?
I started my investment journey in mid-2019, early in my career. I made many mistakes i.e blindly following my friend's suggestions, stock-related suggestions and investing in stocks without much research which led to smallcase as well. In mid 2023 I realized, I beat inflation(~7%) just with a little margin. Then I thought to rebalance the whole thing and took some time to understand the MF and stock universe, fully exited from the stock market.
If you ask why I didn't do it earlier?
I was a workaholic, and never got to learn about financial instruments on my own before 2023. Hence better late than never.
Why you should rebalance?
Check various parameters i.e tracking error. TER ratio as they change from time to time, beta, alpha, turnover ratio etc. You can never trust one AUM for the rest of your life, the thing that happened to mighty AXIS Bluechip MF.

So let's say the Bubble bursts.
Funds and stocks both will have a fall.

Timing is the key right?
So should I invest now or wait for a burst?
The thing that you are talking about is the entry and exit point, it depends on what you think of this market. Let's just say you think that the market would fall in some time and have the conviction then please wait and buy the dip.
If you don't care about the noise and look at the long horizon then it should not be an issue. You need to hold tight even after 5-10% correction.
The underlying asset of the equity MF is stocks, hence risky.
Tough choices:
You may miss the bull train or you may wait for the train to arrive back to you which may not happen.

The thing that you are talking about is the entry and exit point, it depends on what you think of this market. Let's just say you think that the market would fall in some time and have the conviction then please wait and buy the dip.
If you don't care about the noise and look at the long horizon then it should not be an issue. You need to hold tight even after 5-10% correction.
The underlying asset of the equity MF is stocks, hence risky.
Tough choices:
You may miss the bull train or you may wait for the train to arrive back to you which may not happen.
One more thing for correction to happen, look at the alpha of the MF.

Back