• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many mutual funds do you invest in?

Thats an amazing returns bro:)
U r my motivation
That’s a too short of period to get motivated.

I have been investing over 15 yrs and my wife for just 15 months and her portfolio has double the return than mine. But still I don’t use that as a reference

understand the MF strategy of investment, their performance in last 5 yr, their performance (fall) during covid, diversity and key stocks

Please don’t get influenced by returns post Covid

That’s a too short of period to get motivated.

I have been investing over 15 yrs and my wife for just 15 months and her portfolio has double the return than mine. But still I don’t use that as a reference

understand the MF strategy of investment, their performance in last 5 yr, their performance (fall) during covid, diversity and key stocks

Please don’t get influenced by returns post Covid
Too much work out required to know the 15 yrs and 15 months
Thanks for your clarification

Has anyone invested in US ETFs, through mutual fund houses in India like ICICI P Nasdaq 100 Index, Navi Nasdaq FoF?

Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FoF
Great! I want to understand where I want to invest, we have MF offering ETFs, FoF and Index as well. Of course TER matters but I have seen a surge in the ICICI Nasdaq 100 Index with high TER and they have stopped taking new SIPs/lumsumps starting 13th Aug after crossing the threshold AUM size for the restriction. Now no MF house in India offers the Nasdaq 100 Index, only ETFs and FoFs as of now. I want to understand if is there any difference.

Has anyone invested in US ETFs, through mutual fund houses in India like ICICI P Nasdaq 100 Index, Navi Nasdaq FoF?
Buy directly from Ind Money or any other platform like grow and Fi money.
No need to pay commission to any middleman like Motilal oswal.
You can save a lot in long term.

Great! I want to understand where I want to invest, we have MF offering ETFs, FoF and Index as well. Of course TER matters but I have seen a surge in the ICICI Nasdaq 100 Index with high TER and they have stopped taking new SIPs/lumsumps starting 13th Aug after crossing the threshold AUM size for the restriction. Now no MF house in India offers the Nasdaq 100 Index, only ETFs and FoFs as of now. I want to understand if is there any difference.
Well, I have a friend who works in this profession i.e he is hired by companies to trade their money and make them profit he earns somewhere north of 30 lakhs
So what he told me is don't run after US market rather stay in India as the curve is gonna be very steep in future and you'll get good returns.
So I invested only 1000 in motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FoF 😂

ETFs and FoFs
FoFs are funds of funds
Its like you investing your money in Fund A then Fund A invests the money in Fund B where Fund B is investing in an index.
Issue is expense ratio is twice one for Fund A and one for Fund B.
If fund A is investing in three funds then you are paying expense ratio 4 times.. and so on.
Example - Groww Nifty EV Fund FoF invests in Groww Nifty Ev ETF. Why to take this MF, anyone can directly buy GROWWEV ETF.

Etf is basically MF but tradable on stock exchanges. Realtime prices pe order kar sakte
NAV kab ki milegi ye tension nahi etc.

Reactions: m4b
FoFs are funds of funds
Its like you investing your money in Fund A then Fund A invests the money in Fund B where Fund B is investing in an index.
Issue is expense ratio is twice one for Fund A and one for Fund B.
If fund A is investing in three funds then you are paying expense ratio 4 times.. and so on.
Example - Groww Nifty EV Fund FoF invests in Groww Nifty Ev ETF. Why to take this MF, anyone can directly buy GROWWEV ETF.

Etf is basically MF but tradable on stock exchanges. Realtime prices pe order kar sakte
NAV kab ki milegi ye tension nahi etc.
That I know, but it is hard to digest the fact that in India we have only the ICICI offering Index. Others seem to offer only ETFs and FoFs. Reason is difficult to find.

I need a bit of help. I want to redeem some mutual funds (ICICI), but I’m concerned about whether ICICI sends a postal letter for withdrawals, similar to the one they send when you first invest in a fund. I have never withdrawn funds from a mutual fund before. Currently, I live far from my home for work, and any letter that arrives in my post box at the gate tends to disappear without a trace. The letter sent when we first invest contains a lot of personal information, which is why I’m asking this question.

Last edited:
Bro I'm not an expert in investment. Sorry but I can't recommend anything as I'm not registered to do so. Just see the top technology ETFs in US. There are many YouTube videos on the same.
lol aree don't recommend it! I am not taking any suggestions, just for research purposes only. You can DM me

Back