• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many mutual funds do you invest in?

I need a bit of help. I want to redeem some mutual funds (ICICI), but I’m concerned about whether ICICI sends a postal letter for withdrawals, similar to the one they send when you first invest in a fund. I have never withdrawn funds from a mutual fund before. Currently, I live far from my home for work, and any letter that arrives in my post box at the gate tends to disappear without a trace. The letter sent when we first invest contains a lot of personal information, which is why I’m asking this question.
two ways:

1. you can call them (ICICI Pru AMC) & ask if the folio's redemption would be online (direct credit to linked acc.) or offline (send cheque in your name). if online, you can continue. basically it depends on folio.

2. else, you can ask your demat/broker to convert those units present with ICICI Pru AMC to your demat. And then you can ask your broker to sell them & they'll be credited to your demat linked bank acc.

bit late to this thread, but here's my current portfolio

PPFAS Flexi cap - 57%
PPFAS ELSS - 16%
Mirae Asset ELSS - 27%

SIP's
PPFAS Flexi cap - 40K
PPFAS ELSS - 20K

would move the Mirae asset amount to PPFAS once the 3yr lockin is over or if there's any expense at that time, will use the amount for that

bit late to this thread, but here's my current portfolio

PPFAS Flexi cap - 57%
PPFAS ELSS - 16%
Mirae Asset ELSS - 27%

SIP's
PPFAS Flexi cap - 40K
PPFAS ELSS - 20K

would move the Mirae asset amount to PPFAS once the 3yr lockin is over or if there's any expense at that time, will use the amount for that
60K SIP per month, damn bro. GGs. Possible to tell what's your monthly income?

SIPs
Canara Rebecco Emerging Equities Fund - from 2020
Mirae Asset Large and Mid Cap - from 2016 - 10% yearly stepup
Canara Rebecco Small cap fund - from 2020
PGIM India Flexi Cap fund - from 2016 - 10% yearly stepup
PGIM India Mid cap opportunities fund - from 2016 -10% yearly stepup
Kotak Flexicap fund - from 2016
HDFC Hybrid Equity - from 2016

Lumpsum
Axis Growth opportunity fund
ICICI Prudential Flexicap
ICICI Prudential Technology
Aditya Birla Sunlife Flexicap
Invesco India ESG Integration Strategy

Total SIP investment per month is around 75K, while lumpsum is when there is a good correction is market.
An overall XIRR is just above 20% due to some non performing funds earlier, but now they are okay.

Damn bhai 75k investments per month. Mai toh ultra gareeb feel karne lag gya
Dont feel "Ghareeb"..I am investing since 2006 and at that time I used to invest lesser (based on salary) for tax saving alone, and took help of an agent (in regular funds).

Dont feel "Ghareeb"..I am investing since 2006 and at that time I used to invest lesser (based on salary) for tax saving alone, and took help of an agent (in regular funds).
hmm, yeah I understand. But wil lsurely look into the 30:30:40 rules and see how much can I invest

hmm, yeah I understand. But wil lsurely look into the 30:30:40 rules and see how much can I invest
you don't need to exactly follow this split, you can adjust these numbers according to your situation
for ex, Initially my stipend was 15K and my monthly PG charges were 8K, so it doesn't make sense in that situation to follow this
You might be aware of this, adding just in case
  1. clear all your debts
  2. get insurance
  3. setup emergency fund
  4. only then start investing
Clearing your debts is most important (except for home loan), during my first job, for one and half year all my money went into clearing loans, couldn't save anything

you don't need to exactly follow this split, you can adjust these numbers according to your situation
for ex, Initially my stipend was 15K and my monthly PG charges were 8K, so it doesn't make sense in that situation to follow this
You might be aware of this, adding just in case
  1. clear all your debts
  2. get insurance
  3. setup emergency fund
  4. only then start investing
Clearing your debts is most important (except for home loan), during my first job, for one and half year all my money went into clearing loans, couldn't save anything
yeah I understand, I will work around with my numbers and then decide how much to invest

Back