• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many mutual funds do you invest in?

Better question would be how much of your liquid assests or overall networth do people invest in stocks? If you had say 100 crores, how much of it would you invest in mutual funds vs FDs, real estate, gold etc?

SIP.png

Equity investments started in the last 4-5 years.
30% of salary goes into SIPs, 20% into some debt instruments.
Surplus income after monthly expenses goes to direct stocks.

As I get more comfortable investing in direct stocks, I am slowly moving some FDs and FD interests to direct stocks.

🚨 SEBI has conducted search & seizure operations in quant Mutual Fund's Mumbai & Hyderabad offices.

This AMC's dealers & persons connected with the case were also questioned.

Front-running mainly means when a fund manager or associated people are aware of upcoming large trade & put their own orders first so as to profit when the large order is executed & it pumps the stock. It's an illegal process.

Earlier SEBI has barred a fund manager from Axis Mutual Fund for front running.

Source: Moneycontrol
1719166515148.png

🚨 SEBI has conducted search & seizure operations in quant Mutual Fund's Mumbai & Hyderabad offices.

This AMC's dealers & persons connected with the case were also questioned.

Front-running mainly means when a fund manager or associated people are aware of upcoming large trade & put their own orders first so as to profit when the large order is executed & it pumps the stock. It's an illegal process.

Earlier SEBI has barred a fund manager from Axis Mutual Fund for front running.

Source: Moneycontrol
View attachment 58542
Please tell me it's effects on customers
Will the fund go in loss or something?

Thing is SEBI is still investigating the case.
Few scenarios I feel can happen if the fund manager is found guilty -
1. There is not a mention of which fund or fund manager was involved. So if incase it is Small cap fund, there might be a negative indication and panic selling by customers may happen, which inturn will be sold by the fund, which inturn may fluctuate the small cap companies bcz of selloff by fund. This scenario may create a dip in the NAV of the fund for the short-term.
2. The fund manager if found guilty, then will be replaced by someone else and the philosophy may change. So returns may get affected.

I am investing in small cap fund that's why taken example of it. Impact might change with fund involved and the overall investigation of SEBI.

Others are invited to share their POV of what impact this can have.

Started sip back in 2017, initial allocation of 70% large cap, 20 midcap, 10 smallcap. Realised it should have been other way around once I learnt fundamentals and my investment horizon. Now I do 50 smallcap, 30 midcap, 20 largecap. Also I moved from mutual funds to etf sips for the index based investment such as nifty 50 or nifty smallcap. This helps with lump sums during the fall/correction in market and a lower expense ratio.

Hdfc nifty smallcap etf 50%
Nippon India ETF Nifty Midcap 150 30%
Nippon India ETF Nifty 50 BeES 20%
Mirae Asset FANG+ ETF

no
even if frontrunning evidence has been found it would lead to fund managers getting fined and banned.

the after math effect would be short term heavy redemptions.
but quant's small and midcap also has 10% of the fund invested in large names like reliance so liquidity wont be an issue

Others are invited to share their POV of what impact this can have.

Pattu is saying to wait and watch.
1719233473137.png

PrimeInvestor has given a exit call.
1719233420999.png

I think it is the best to keep only 4-5 equity funds.
1)Nippon india large cap fund/ Axis bluechip fund.
2)Axis Midcap fund/ Quant midcap fund.
3)Quant Smallcap fund/ Axis smallcap fund.
4)Parag Parikh Flexicap fund/Kotak emerging equity fund.
👉🏻I don't invest in sectorial or thematic funds, i like stock specific investments from a particular sector.

An offtopic query,
Received a call from Bajaj finance and they were offering OD limit
So my query is,
Is it a good idea to consider OD and then use that money to invest and earn more than the interest of the OD?

View attachment 57465View attachment 57466
Must be a 75-80% overlap in this but the main purpose of this is to avoid missing out of long term appreciation because of my trading instincts

HDFC FLEXI CAP FUND
IPRU BLUECHIP FUND
IPRU TECH FUND
PARAG PAREKH FLEXI CAP FUND
SBI CONTRA FUND
HSBC SMALL CAP FUND
INVESCO INFRA FUND
KOTAK NASDAQ FOF
EDELWEISS US TECH FOF

added more in hsbc , ipru bluechip , hdfc flexi
new entry in edeweiss fof

I think it is the best to keep only 4-5 equity funds.
1)Nippon india large cap fund/ Axis bluechip fund.
2)Axis Midcap fund/ Quant midcap fund.
3)Quant Smallcap fund/ Axis smallcap fund.
4)Parag Parikh Flexicap fund/Kotak emerging equity fund.
👉🏻I don't invest in sectorial or thematic funds, i like stock specific investments from a particular sector.
Hey,
Just curious
What was the reasoning behind No4 when you have dedicated large, mid and small caps?

Back