• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many stock brokers you have and for what purposes?

Pradumya

TF Ace
I will start, I am only an investor, means I only place delivery orders. No intraday, no FnO.

I have three brokers -

1. Groww was my first broker now only used for mutual fund txns..
2. I use Dhanfor everything, fundamental research to charts to buy sell to mutual fund. My long term and swing portfolio is with Dhan.
Side note - there's a much better view with the Carbon Black theme on Dhan. If you are a dark theme person.
3. Fyers account is mainly used for buyback and IPO and for emergency situations if Dhan faces technical difficulties.

Fir ab Jio ka broker aaye toh wo open karunga

MODERATOR REMOVED MY REFERRAL LINKS. PLEASE DM TO GET REFERRAL LINKS FOR DHAN & FYERS.
MUJH GAREEEB KA BHALA HO JAYEGA 🙏 JO MODERATOR SE DEKHA NAHI GAYA
Join Dhan.png

Last edited:
I will start, I am only an investor, means I only place delivery orders. No intraday, no FnO.

I have three brokers -

1. Groww was my first broker now only used for mutual fund txns.. (wo bhi 4 june k kaand k baad se nahi rahega 😂)
2. I use Dhan for everything, fundamental research to charts to buy sell to mutual fund. My long term and swing portfolio is with Dhan.
3. Fyers account is mainly used for buyback and IPO and for emergency situations if Dhan faces technical difficulties.

I am just to start my Indian equity investments..
Opened
1) Zerodha - for delivery
2) ICICI direct - opened last year as my WM RM wanted some business.. Didn’t trade anything yet.. Will use this as back up for Zerodha
3) HDFC sky.. will try and see if it is of any use

I prefer keeping just one for ease and utility, also the stocks and MFs are stored with SEBI and not with the broker so your funds remain safe no matter what broker you choose.

Either of the Zerodha or Upstox for the cheapest fees and the highest trust.

I have three brokers -

1. Groww was my first broker now only used for mutual fund txns.. (wo bhi 4 june k kaand k baad se nahi rahega 😂)
2. I use Dhan for everything, fundamental research to charts to buy sell to mutual fund. My long term and swing portfolio is with Dhan.

If I get yes granduer
I will open yes bank brokerage account

As their system is top notch in this regard atleast

My all time favorite is zerodha but many times got call from Axis Bank Burgundy account RM saying that its free and account opening is from app on just few clicks and its free for Burgundy account
Any Burgundy holders pls comment ur experience with axis direct

Only 1 angel one. Would advise to keep only one as during itr filing u need to give statement
For me I don't trust only one broker to be reliable.
There are many instances where broker faced glitches that too on important days. Also for segregating between long term, shortterm and trading portfolios, multiple brokers are handy. During ITR the capital gains or tax statement is given by broker itself, for major brokers that one statement is sufficient.

I am not trying to convince you, just giving my POV.

For me I don't trust only one broker to be reliable.
There are many instances where broker faced glitches that too on important days. Also for segregating between long term, shortterm and trading portfolios, multiple brokers are handy. During ITR the capital gains or tax statement is given by broker itself, for major brokers that one statement is sufficient.

I am not trying to convince you, just giving my POV.
Yes there are glitches in fno sometimes. But i buy only stocks for longterm . Havent faced glitch in stock buying or selling

I use angel one for trading and MF n all.
I have grow / UPSTOX / STOCKSKART / HDFC SECURITIES and few more demant accounts.

I open them only for GIFT VOUCHERS and for WELCOME BENIFITS.
Angel one got 500
Grow got 300
UPSTOX got 2000
Hdfc got 500. And from rest got 2k more.😂

I have three brokers -

So how is your experience with Dhan, have been using Zerodha for long time.

I have,

ICICI Direct. - Legacy from long time back - Some shares lying - Planning to close this soon. AMC gets deducted unnecessarily every year
Axis Direct - Free account opened with burgundy - Not used
Zerodha - Actively used for Equity delivery - Linked with IDFC first as 3-1 account. Best for equity delivery especially when you have to transfer 5-10L amount in one shot
Angle One - Opened for managing satellite portfolio - primarily for 3-1 capability, but not there now. Will close this soon
Dhan - For Wife - Very good tech platform and features - Direct integration with ICICI bank - one click transfer (this is really good feature)
Dhan - Planning to open by closing Angle one

Going forward, it will be Zerodha (IDFC 3 in1) and Dhan (ICICI 3 in 1). And for wife it will be only Dhan

So how is your experience with Dhan,
Fabulous
I even got a call from them when I had open positions and they faced any issue. I just tweet them and they call me immediately to resolve the query.
I feel Dhan has all the features of zerodha + better interface. Plus dhan is LTF
Plus i have DDPI enabled so tpin issue is not there.. like cdsl crashed few days ago people couldn't sell. So i could sell on Dhan
Plus brokerage is same as zerodha, 0 for delivery

Last edited by a moderator:

I have three brokers -

Jainam - Prop
Zerodha - Backup and Options Charting
Angel - Backup 2.0
Shoonya -Primary (non Prop)

Back