• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

ritwik2000

TF Ace
if there is no need of physical dc just block it. And then call cc and tell that you blocked the physical card and you need a virtual dc. If they dont agree give threat to close the account generally after that kotak agrees to issue vdc.

#aniket

TF Ace
if there is no need of physical dc just block it. And then call cc and tell that you blocked the physical card and you need a virtual dc. If they dont agree give threat to close the account generally after that kotak agrees to issue vdc.
Nothing will be asked just place a call and ask that you're willing to use Virtual Card only, not physical one. It will be blocked and reissued.

Just the pretty well known ones in the community.
Axis liberty - regularly getting the milestone voucher of 750 from just monthly mf investments. was getting 5 percent cashback on jewellery spends too by from weekend spends on a gold scheme. So pretty useful.
HDFC - 1 percent cashback on credit card bills from platinum card

Thor04

TF Premier
kotak charges 350 for debit card, plus cheque book charges, sbi charges 150 for debit card and no other charges. Plus kotak servers are bad sometimes tbh, In 2022 man I used to use kotak net banking and got my payment stuck so many times. Sbi net banking I barely use so cant say.

kotak charges 350 for debit card, plus cheque book charges, sbi charges 150 for debit card and no other charges. Plus kotak servers are bad sometimes tbh, In 2022 man I used to use kotak net banking and got my payment stuck so many times. Sbi net banking I barely use so cant say.
Sbi is the worst bank in terms of servers uptime, transaction failure rate and service quality. So why exactly they are in business? Because its a psu bank and it wont run with your money.

Btw sbi increased dc charges last month its 200+gst now for classic ones.

Thor04

TF Premier
Sbi is the worst bank in terms of servers uptime, transaction failure rate and service quality. So why exactly they are in business? Because its a psu bank and it wont run with your money.

Btw sbi increased dc charges last month its 200+gst now for classic ones.
man see I use sbi and hdfc for savings account, all our current accounts are in hdfc... we are hdfc preffered, hdfc bank is nice but the rm is useless..

ccdc

TF Ace
Any one know of bank account for receiving amts via upi that too atleast 20 transactions everyday and atleast 1l amt each day....and they don't freeze it... I'm looking for a saving account

Savings bank guidelines have been changed, no matter which bank it is.
If you are receiving 20 transactions every day, you should eventually switch to a current account to avoid freezes.
Not even SBI and HDFC will spare you.

ccdc

TF Ace
Savings bank guidelines have been changed, no matter which bank it is.
If you are receiving 20 transactions every day, you should eventually switch to a current account to avoid freezes.
Not even SBI and HDFC will spare you.
do you have any rbi rules in this regard...any link or any pdf?

glnarayanan

TF Buzz
HDFC - Primary account, Imperia tier, used for salary, retirement savings

ICICI - Wealth management, zero balance, used for monthly expenses

IDFC - Secondary account, used for keeping short-term goal based liquid investments & to transfer USD for US stock investments

Kotak - Ex-Salary account, keeping because car loan & old company ESOPs are tied to it

IndusInd - Opened very recently, waiting for Pinnacle credit card to make it a 0 balance account, no major use case other than having preferred account number & branch convenience

SBI - oldest/my first ever bank account that I opened when I joined college. Keeping for nostalgia purposes.

I also have IndusInd Indie, Niyo SBM, and Niyo DCB that I'm in the process of closing.