• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many stock brokers you have and for what purposes?

I will start, I am only an investor, means I only place delivery orders. No intraday, no FnO.

I have three brokers -

1. Groww was my first broker now only used for mutual fund txns..
2. I use Dhanfor everything, fundamental research to charts to buy sell to mutual fund. My long term and swing portfolio is with Dhan.
Side note - there's a much better view with the Carbon Black theme on Dhan. If you are a dark theme person.
3. Fyers account is mainly used for buyback and IPO and for emergency situations if Dhan faces technical difficulties.

Fir ab Jio ka broker aaye toh wo open karunga
no referral link is allowed expect in signature. considered this soft warning cause you have added in this post 4-5 times.

Anyone using/familiar with:
Alice Blue
Angel one
Fyers
Shoonya
Edelweiss brokers.
Yes with Fyers.
I treat this as my backup broker. Not by UI but by app user flow, it seems inspired by Zerodha.
Almost everything except stocks is done in external browser.

Reactions: SSV
I actaully never heard about it.. and also to note that , I am not really active in Indian equities.. only starting this year
SSV Garu you shall stay away from that its for Full Time Traders and Trading is more addictive than Gambling😅

Reactions: SSV
SSV Garu you shall stay away from that its for Full Time Traders and Trading is more addictive than Gambling😅
Thank you for your advice and you are correct in many ways..
But there are things that are applicable to me..

1) NO F& O ie derivatives generally...
2) No currency , commodities and crypto ever..

3) only short term to long term delivery based trading / investments..

I am not after huge quick windfalls..
I am only after hard earned smart money..
and also only a part of my portfolio will be in equities..
I won't spend any more than 3 to 4 hours on the market daily..
In the market, the more you do the more chances of losing your money..

We need calm and controlled aggression (when needed) in the markets to survive long term...

Only 20% of my portfolio will be in equities at any point of time..that to on capital preservation basis ...not on capital multiplication basis..

Been there done that all those stupid and silly mistakes before, in my investment career internationally...

Last edited:
As I have a decent sized portfolio I use 3 brokerage account. My only consideration is track record and trust factor as I am an investor not a typical trader. So those fees and AMC charges don't bother me much.

1. ICICI Direct: Mainly used it to buy large cap dividend paying stocks. This is buy and accumulate kind of stocks for a 20+ year horizon. I don't ever sell in this account unless I see a macro shift.

2. Zerodha/Coin : Used it mainly for buying and selling growth stocks with 1-3 year horizon. Also use this for occasional swing trading. In this account I do frequent
buy and sell. Use coin for MF buying.

3. HDFC SKY : Opened it 5 month back. Currently moving my medium term stocks(2-10 yrs) from zerodha to here. All the new buy orders for medium to long horizon is done here. In this account I do mostly buy and sell if I have to on basis of macro trends and company performance (not share price)

I will start, I am only an investor, means I only place delivery orders. No intraday, no FnO.

I have three brokers -

1. Groww was my first broker now only used for mutual fund txns..
2. I use Dhanfor everything, fundamental research to charts to buy sell to mutual fund. My long term and swing portfolio is with Dhan.
Side note - there's a much better view with the Carbon Black theme on Dhan. If you are a dark theme person.
3. Fyers account is mainly used for buyback and IPO and for emergency situations if Dhan faces technical difficulties.

Fir ab Jio ka broker aaye toh wo open karunga

MODERATOR REMOVED MY REFERRAL LINKS. PLEASE DM TO GET REFERRAL LINKS FOR DHAN & FYERS.
MUJH GAREEEB KA BHALA HO JAYEGA 🙏 JO MODERATOR SE DEKHA NAHI GAYA
Strsngely enough.. v few seem to have INDMONEY.. i use that!!

Currently, I am using Groww for Mutual Funds, Zerodha for Long Term Investment in Stocks (Stocks Delivery) & Kotak Neo for Options Trading.

Currently, I am under 30 so I am using Kotak Neo Trade Free Youth Plan where I Got 0 Brokerage for Intraday & F&O.

If you are also under 30 or you have any siblings under 30 you can create a demat.

Kotak Neo has a history of regular glitches and is not recommended for F&O traders as only a few mins of glitch can be catastrophic.

Anyone with decent sized capital shall opt for Full Time Brokers. That includes Kotak not Neo one !!

a bit expensive but adds accountability

Is there any problem if I provide a payment bank account while opening a Demat account? I have an India Post Payments Bank account and I only use it for some UPI transactions.

Back