• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How merchants such as H&M delay refunding your money?

insight

TF Ace
How merchants such as H&M delay refunding your money?

So I incidentally was not carrying cash and used a CC to try some 2 items I picked up that I returned 15 days later.

30,06,2023 -

Now I am told it will take some time to process the charge back/ refund.

Its been approx 2 weeks.

https://www2.hm.com/en_in/customer-service/returns.html

• RETURNS & REFUNDS (STORE PURCHASES)​

We are happy to exchange or return any item(s) purchased within any H&M India store within 15 days of the original purchase, provided they are in a resalable and unused condition, accompanied by original price tags and receipt
    Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment at any of our H&M stores in India. Refunds to credit/debit cards can take up to 30 days to process, please carry the card used for making the payment to the store. If you don’t receive your refund within this time, please contact your bank.
    At this time, we are unable to process returns in our stores for items purchased online.
    For reasons of hygiene, underwear, swimwear, pierced earrings and cosmetics are not eligible for refund or exchange.
    Please note that fabric face masks cannot be returned due to safety and hygiene reasons.
    We accept the following credit and debit cards in our stores: RuPay, American Express, MasterCard, Electron, Maestro and VISA.

insight

TF Ace
Yes H&M is very slow in refunds, even refunded items are not reflected in order history - it takes to a separate flow for refunds.
Whats wierd is this is a racist policy adopted only here, does not say that on their US websites and I'd reckon on others.

Another class action I think.