• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How much initial funding required for HDFC Savings Max account ?

Solution
What is the initial funding required to open HDFC Savings Max account ? Bank representative have asked for 5 lakhs initial funding but didn't find anything on the website.

You can open the HDFC saving max account with just 25K initial funding.The Average Monthly Balance (AMB) in the SavingsMax Account should be Rs. 25,000 or maintain requisite FD Relationship as per branch location.FD Relationship of Rs 1.50 lakh in Metro/ Urban location snd Rs 1 lakh in Semi Urban / Rural location

SahilKr24

TF Select
Yes, I also called customer care and they said in their system kyc is done and all pan photo and signature are visible, still I was apprehensive as the mb showed kyc as pending. Seems like a common problem now. Will wait this saturday and update on what happens with welcome kit. I need the debit card to enable TPT it seems.
Still have to see when nb updates to reflect 25K MAB and all.
Update: Today I got sms on how to set atm PIN, and when I checked in mb, kyc status is showing Y.
No sms about welcome kit yet

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
I currently have a regular savings account and I'm a preferred program member. I'd like to open a Savings Max account. Is it possible to do this online? I'd like to maintain both accounts, the regular and the Savings Max. Will I need to undergo VKYC again since I already have a regular account?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
@Rkr
With zero charges for EasyShop/Millenia debit card, which salary/savings account we can open with HDFC bank?
If your salary is between 15k to 1Lac then the will give you Regular saving account and if above 1Lac then Classic Salary account.All salary account varriant comes with zero AmB..

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Premier
Bank representative has contacted me few days back so as a courtesy I have reached out. After the confirmation from rkr bro I have opened the account online 🚀
The local branch executive asked me 5L FD as well and then said least we can do is 3L FD. I denied as I want to park minimum funds in FD. I have two doubts regarding online application:

1. Is there a way I can choose Millennia Debit card rather than the Platinum one, while applying itself or they will send Platinum by default and I wil lgave to close it and get Millennia?

2. If I choose 1L/1.5L FD route will it allow me to choose FD tenure since HDFC is offering better interest rates on 2 years FD?

Can someone please help with this?

The local branch executive asked me 5L FD as well and then said least we can do is 3L FD. I denied as I want to park minimum funds in FD. I have two doubts regarding online application:

1. Is there a way I can choose Millennia Debit card rather than the Platinum one, while applying itself or they will send Platinum by default and I wil lgave to close it and get Millennia?

2. If I choose 1L/1.5L FD route will it allow me to choose FD tenure since HDFC is offering better interest rates on 2 years FD?

Can someone please help with this?
take lite.
directly apply online. process was pretty smooth when i did a month back. once i got the netbanking details, just deposited 25k and that's it, I didn't have to do anything else.
welcome kit can take 7-10 days to come; but with savingsmax you get platinum by default.
however, once you setup your account; then there is an option to take the millenia dc; as a replacement for platinum dc.

shivamk

TF Premier
take lite.
directly apply online. process was pretty smooth when i did a month back. once i got the netbanking details, just deposited 25k and that's it, I didn't have to do anything else.
welcome kit can take 7-10 days to come; but with savingsmax you get platinum by default.
however, once you setup your account; then there is an option to take the millenia dc; as a replacement for platinum dc.
Awesome, does net banking provide an option to choose FD instead of initial funding?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Awesome, does net banking provide an option to choose FD instead of initial funding?
There's no requirement of IF while opening account online. You have trf money after acc is opened

If you want go via FD route, just open account and do a FD as per requirement. Nothing else has to be done. You can choose your own tenure, but IG min is 6 months for MAB waiver. Just after creating FD, shoot a mail confirming waiver of MAB in lieu of FD

shivamk

TF Premier
There's no requirement of IF while opening account online. You have trf money after acc is opened

If you want go via FD route, just open account and do a FD as per requirement. Nothing else has to be done. You can choose your own tenure, but IG min is 6 months for MAB waiver. Just after creating FD, shoot a mail confirming waiver of MAB in lieu of FD
That sounds great. Thanks!