• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How much initial funding required for HDFC Savings Max account ?

Solution
What is the initial funding required to open HDFC Savings Max account ? Bank representative have asked for 5 lakhs initial funding but didn't find anything on the website.

You can open the HDFC saving max account with just 25K initial funding.The Average Monthly Balance (AMB) in the SavingsMax Account should be Rs. 25,000 or maintain requisite FD Relationship as per branch location.FD Relationship of Rs 1.50 lakh in Metro/ Urban location snd Rs 1 lakh in Semi Urban / Rural location
Did you use different number? Because if aadhar registered no. not used then vkyc option won't be available.
No. I used aadhar registered no. only for VKYC as mentioned in my prev posts. Recent update is that got a call from branch where i applied, to come over with a cheque of 1L for opening, which i profusely denied. Upon doing so , got an sms saying not able to process application and contact nearest branch.
So the whole process has come to visiting the branch.
One thing wanted to know is that can i again restart the whole process by applying online and take my chances of getting VKYC done this time ?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
No. I used aadhar registered no. only for VKYC as mentioned in my prev posts. Recent update is that got a call from branch where i applied, to come over with a cheque of 1L for opening, which i profusely denied. Upon doing so , got an sms saying not able to process application and contact nearest branch.
So the whole process has come to visiting the branch.
One thing wanted to know is that can i again restart the whole process by applying online and take my chances of getting VKYC done this time ?
Just try again, if not sure how to do it. See a tutorial on Youtube.

BTW, were you asked to fill up aadhar otp?

cryoengine

TF Premier
This could be the culprit as i have adblokcer installed :oops:.. but did not face any problems with VKYC during other banks credit card applications. Seems HDFC is too much into customer data tracking.
HDFC backend system is very slow and even simple modifications to your account take forever to be updated in the system. When you open your account online, everything is verified manually, and can take up to a week for your account to function normally.

I would go with the offline process for HDFC if you want faster processing time. Since they are 1lakh, just try again online and wait it out.

Bhaskar

TF Premier
No it's not the case in HDFC. I used different numbers, and did VKYC.May be he didn't do it via aadhar because neither Customer id is generated neither acc no as per the ss
Okay I thought it means vkyc won't be available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-19-17-36-32-67_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-19-17-36-32-67_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 22
Latest update is that I am not able to open the account online using the link as it says that application is already registered for the given mobile number. Cannot use other mobile number as it is not aadhar linked hence cant do VKYC as mentioned during the application process. This whole process was a just a waste of time. Only option left is to visit nearest branch with documents and 25k cheque. :mad:
Guys just disable your adblocker prior applying ..:cautious:

cleverpappu

TF Premier
Latest update is that I am not able to open the account online using the link as it says that application is already registered for the given mobile number. Cannot use other mobile number as it is not aadhar linked hence cant do VKYC as mentioned during the application process. This whole process was a just a waste of time. Only option left is to visit nearest branch with documents and 25k cheque. :mad:
Guys just disable your adblocker prior applying ..:cautious:
bro have you unticked communication address same as permanent address box? and entered the communication address manually which is different from aadhar fetched address?

SahilKr24

TF Select
Hi guys new problem 😄 my savings max account got activated and I changed the mobile number through atm . Now I can't use UPI in hdfc mobile app. Working perfectly on Paytm phonepe etc. It shows error as attached below. Please help.
Bro can you give the time line how long it took to activate, like kyc status Y and welcome kit.
I opened savings max account online on 19/9/23 and still says kyc not done. Same as you I can see the debit card and do upi transactions, but no info about welcome kit and neither MAB is updated in net banking.
How long did it take for you?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Bro can you give the time line how long it took to activate, like kyc status Y and welcome kit.
I opened savings max account online on 19/9/23 and still says kyc not done. Same as you I can see the debit card and do upi transactions, but no info about welcome kit and neither MAB is updated in net banking.
By the 30 sep kyc status would change into y
By the 28 sep u will receive information about welcome kit

SahilKr24

TF Select
By the 28 sep u will receive information about welcome kit
Thanks for the info. This is really a slow process, all I can do is wait. I have already done initial funding. Funny thing, my VKYC was done from inside the branch as the bank person who was opening my account told me to apply online via his work laptop. Didn't ask for any cheques, just told to do 26K initial funding once the IFSC code changes to the current branch.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Welcome kit dispatch msg will be received within next 2-3 working days if kyc was succesful.
Don't worry about kyc status in mobilebanking. Mine took around 2-3 weeks to update. But my acc was full kyc, confirmed from branch the very next day. Check nb/mb if dc has been generated. If yes, then full kyc is done

SahilKr24

TF Select
Welcome kit dispatch msg will be received within next 2-3 working days if kyc was succesful.
Don't worry about kyc status in mobilebanking. Mine took around 2-3 weeks to update. But my acc was full kyc, confirmed from branch the very next day. Check nb/mb if dc has been generated. If yes, then full kyc is done
Yes, I also called customer care and they said in their system kyc is done and all pan photo and signature are visible, still I was apprehensive as the mb showed kyc as pending. Seems like a common problem now. Will wait this saturday and update on what happens with welcome kit. I need the debit card to enable TPT it seems.
Still have to see when nb updates to reflect 25K MAB and all.