• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

how to cancel the HSBC CC application?

Samar141

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and need suggestions from this community, HSBC card agent called me to apply for LTF credit card.
I said i dont have pay slips as HSBC required pay slips but he asked if i hold company id card, company email address and other banks credit card. and he asked me to share these so i shared on whatsapp. He applied on 11-02-2023 and i did VKYC on same day. Today when i called and enquired he said he has submitted some fake income documents along with my company id and card statement. I immediately said i dont want please cancel but he is insisting it will go through. I am trying to call HSBC to cancel the application but unable to connect CC. Please advise how to cancel the application before having any issue.

Even if the card is approved i dont want as it will effect my profile someday.

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and need suggestions from this community, HSBC card agent called me to apply for LTF credit card.
I said i dont have pay slips as HSBC required pay slips but he asked if i hold company id card, company email address and other banks credit card. and he asked me to share these so i shared on whatsapp. He applied on 11-02-2023 and i did VKYC on same day. Today when i called and enquired he said he has submitted some fake income documents along with my company id and card statement. I immediately said i dont want please cancel but he is insisting it will go through. I am trying to call HSBC to cancel the application but unable to connect CC. Please advise how to cancel the application before having any issue.

No need to worry if card got rejected, if card approved then also no need to worry because bank will never investigate further if card is approved

Samar141

TF Buzz
Yeah I have sent, Will update the response. For everyone in community sharing this as personal experiance. Be careful before sharing documents and OTP's to agents. No doubt there are few good agents in this community who process application in legit manner. But those agents who call you for CC will submit any document or details on your behalf to get the approval. If caught we will be in trouble.

prc1990

TF Legend
My honest suggestion is to never opt for a card with fake income details even though you're desparate for the same. This may ruin your relationship with the bank and subsequently with any other financial institutions and affect your credit profile in the long run. Remember one thing we all are part of the system and not a system itself. Build your credit profile diligently by some fair means and in few years you will get card from most of the banks in the first shot itslef.

Be a responsible borrower always. It will pay you off oneday for sure.

Last edited:

Samar141

TF Buzz
My honest suggestion is to never opt for a card with fake income details even though you're desparate for the same. This may ruin your relation with the bank and subsequently with any other financial institutions and affect your credit profile in the long run. Remember one thing we all are part of the system and not a system itself. Build your credit profile diligently by some fair means and in few years you will get card from most of the banks in the first shot itslef.

Be a responsible borrower always.
True, This has been done by agent as my organization is MNC who operates from UAE and they dont provide payslips . I sent email for cancellation. I have muliple cards SCB and CITI. I hope they cancel my application without any trouble.

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

Usually most of the agent of all bank does such jhol or jugaad. Just to get the application processed irrespective of the result of approval or rejection.

In your case he admitted that he has attached fake documents.

Samar141

TF Buzz
Usually most of the agent of all bank does such jhol or jugaad. Just to get the application processed irrespective of the result of approval or rejection.

In your case he admitted that he has attached fake documents.
Frankly if it was any other bank i would not have worried much, But i know HSBC and SCB are very strict in these aspects. Heard from this community only.

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Frankly if it was any other bank i would not have worried much, But i know HSBC and SCB are very strict in these aspects. Heard from this community only.
Yes. Even Citibank and amex too.

Few years ago i wasn't eligible for Amex. But an agent told me to create a fake official email id and rest he will take care of it for approval.

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
Relax, Nothing is going to happen, many people gives fake salary slip to get cc, bank never waste time on people to take action, if the came to know they simply reject the card.

If you have 2 plus credit cards, hsbc will never approve your card, hsbc is very stict in this.

Last edited: