• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to close Add on Credit Card??

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I have been facing add on card issues with Axis Bank. 4 years back my brother was offered with add on credit card by Axis bank and he took it without my knowledge on my name. He had given me the card as a surprise for me, then on I didn’t use it even for one transaction. He has 3 credit cards in total.

But this year when I am applying for Axis cards my card is getting rejected due to this add on card issue. As there is a limit of 3 credit cards and my brother having 3 cards, my application is getting rejected. 3 months back we have requested Axis bank customer care people to cancel and de activate the add on card and they did it. But repeatedly same happening.

Can the community give suggestions how to get out of this and get new card on my name?

Hi Everyone,

I have been facing add on card issues with Axis Bank. 4 years back my brother was offered with add on credit card by Axis bank and he took it without my knowledge on my name. He had given me the card as a surprise for me, then on I didn’t use it even for one transaction. He has 3 credit cards in total.

But this year when I am applying for Axis cards my card is getting rejected due to this add on card issue. As there is a limit of 3 credit cards and my brother having 3 cards, my application is getting rejected. 3 months back we have requested Axis bank customer care people to cancel and de activate the add on card and they did it. But repeatedly same happening.

Can the community give suggestions how to get out of this and get new card on my name?
Try emailing to nodal officer for closure of add on card but I guess it will have to be done by your brother who is primary holder

Last edited:
Reactions: BVC
I also faced this issue. Everytime I apply axis card, it gets approved. but always get Stuck. at last I got to know its because of add on card. cancelled it permanently, now applied card, waiting for approval. taking more time now for decision for approval.

We have done all the things but no one is responding from Bank or Nodal officer. Nodal officer saying to do it from bank, but bank manager doesn’t know as I am from Tier 2 city. Can someone from community help on the same!!
no body replies now. I always make complaint for reprocessing of application as told by BO but no body responds. that's why applied again. if rejected, then will complain to BO again.

Back