• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,221
Last edited:

harishl20

TF Buzz
Hey guys,

Glad to find this thread, So I recently mailed to HDFC for Diners club black from my club miles card with 7.1L credit limit and got this reply. I had asked for LTF DCB. Not sure if that is still present. Should I push for LTF DCB or accept this?

1665640978331.png

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are you asking for LTF under their alumni program? If yes, you should write back and ask why they cannot consider offering you a LTF DCB under that scheme. If no, LTF may not be an easy thing to get.

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Ahh nope not asking under Alumni program. Then I guess I'll just accept this.

If you are worried about the renewal fee, track your spends or call the number at the back of the card after 10 months for a tally of your expenditure. If you are far from the 5L waiver amount, you can always choose to cancel or downgrade the card.

If on the other hand, your spends are well over 5L, you could ask for an upgrade to an Infinia (assuming you request a CLE to get to 8L). The Infinia offers points against renewal fees.

harishl20

TF Buzz
If you are worried about the renewal fee, track your spends or call the number at the back of the card after 10 months for a tally of your expenditure. If you are far from the 5L waiver amount, you can always choose to cancel or downgrade the card.

If on the other hand, your spends are well over 5L, you could ask for an upgrade to an Infinia (assuming you request a CLE to get to 8L). The Infinia offers points against renewal fees.
Yea I'm worried about the renewal fees, but hoping I'll spend 5L I've some upcoming purchases. Good to know that downgrade is an option since this is my first and longest CC I don't want to close it.
In the form I had asked for upgrade and CLE so hoping they give both, in that case I'll get 8L with DCB I guess. Infinia is way to go IMO.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I haven't even spent 5k on it so far so cannot confirm for myself but I do have friends who did receive them so yes that milestone benefit is applicable for LTF cards too

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Anyone received LTF DCB annual memberships welcome benefit on 1.5 lakhs spend with in 90 days??
Is it available on alumni program LTF DCB credit card?
I just reached this milestone benefit and there is an entry of milestone benefit in my statement generation under "DB Welcome Benefit II" . So I am hoping to receive it soon.

catcat

TF Select
I also live in a Tier 2/3 city. 2 days back I met my RM and ask her to upgrade my brother’s Regalia to Infinia. 2-3 points which might be helpful for you.

1) Having a Imperia account helps, check if you don’t have already and you can upgrade.
2) Don’t know about what’s written on papers but I was told the net salary requirement per month is 2.25-2.5L. In some cases they can push the gross as well.
3) Previous spend trend is also a factor they consider.
4) The regional head generally approves these card upgrade and LTF requests. Ask the RM to get his/her approval.

Applying through a RM can give you real time updates rather than mailing and calling the customer care. Also you can slowly build a relationship which helps in long run.

Thanks for your replies.

I heard of Imperia for the first time via this thread. As per this link, the requirments seem excessive and not worthwhile. If these requirements are not sacrosanct, what is the realistic eligibiluty criteria for getting an Imperia account?

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your replies.

I heard of Imperia for the first time via this thread. As per this link, the requirments seem excessive and not worthwhile. If these requirements are not sacrosanct, what is the realistic eligibiluty criteria for getting an Imperia account?
Sadly this is the actual requirement. But you can also put 10-15 lacs in FD once you got imperia. One easy way is to get it thorough family banking. TRV of both accounts is used to give you imperia status.

starlord

TF Buzz
My conversion of existing hdfc DB to LTF under the alumni program was denied by grievance redressal saying its only applicable for fresh cards.
If I close my existing card and apply again would that be okay ?

My conversion of existing hdfc DB to LTF under the alumni program was denied by grievance redressal saying its only applicable for fresh cards.
If I close my existing card and apply again would that be okay ?
Closing your account is NOT a good idea.

Where did you mail your request ? Is it PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com or Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com ?

If it is Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com, Try PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.

If it was PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com, then ask them to reconsider their decision. If you meet the salary criteria, Send them your ITR/Salary Slips. Quote this EXAMPLE where they have converted a 'Paid DCB' to 'LTF DCB' under their 'Alumni Program'. If they don't budge, Escalate the matter first to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com and then to Mr. Parag Rao.

Hope this helps. Let us know the end result.

Where did you mail your request ? Is it PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com or Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com ?

If it is Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com, Try PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.

If it was PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com, then ask them to reconsider their decision. If you meet the salary criteria, Send them your ITR/Salary Slips. Quote this EXAMPLE where they have converted a 'Paid DCB' to 'LTF DCB' under their 'Alumni Program'. If they don't budge, Escalate the matter first to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com and then to Mr. Parag Rao.

One more EXAMPLE.

Sevendar@01

TF Premier

where to mail for parag rao

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Today I sent email using this approach, will share my experience (DCB to Infinia upgrade).
  • DCB limit: 10.04 lacs
  • Customer type: Imperia
Thank you for writing to us.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated October 31, 2022 regarding card upgrade

We thank you for your interest towards the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card. We wish to clarify that the Infinia Card is a Super Premium Card currently being issued on "Invitation Only".

And also you may request customer to visit the following URL to access information for the complete address and contact details of our Branches :

http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/find-your-nearest/find-nearest-branch/all-facilities/gxissh3j

We wish to clarify that a minimum of 3.5 Lakhs monthly salary is required to upgrade your existing card to an Infinia card account.

federer.reddevil

TF Premier
Hi I have ICICI MMT card with limit 5.1L which HDFC card can I apply via C2C someone already said to go for Regalia with LTF do I have any other different option mainly for International Lounge and would prefer LTF cards as my other spends are not that much

Karthik:

TF Premier
Hi I have ICICI MMT card with limit 5.1L which HDFC card can I apply via C2C someone already said to go for Regalia with LTF do I have any other different option mainly for International Lounge and would prefer LTF cards as my other spends are not that much
Since you have 5 Lacs limit, try getting diners club black. If you are lucky, might get it as LTF. They value new customers more than existing customers.