how to increase or get offer to increase hdfc credit card limit

Mr. Aman

Hlo guy's
I'm holding hdfc bank credit card form last 16 months but I'll didn't receive a limit enhancement offer I'll you that card well
my limit on that card is 50k . at the same I'll have axis Bank credit Card is with 200k limit
how can I' increase my limit any email id to write mails or any of your experiences .

ZappyRed

I got HDFC Millenia LTF in July 2022 via C2C basis through a 3rd party/DSA Agent with a limit of 85,000 only. The other card that I gave as proof was an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card with a 1,10,000 limit at that time. (Currently, I have an ICICI Platinum Chip+ APay Card with shared limits of Rs. 4,60,000.) It has been a year, and no credit limit increase offer was given to me by the bank. How do I ask HDFC Bank for a credit limit increase or upgrade the HDFC Millenia to Regalia or DCB or any other premium card for LTF?

Can someone shed light on this?

My current portfolio is as follows:

OneCard (South Indian Bank) LTF- Rs.160000
Flipkart Axis LTF and Axis My Zone LTF: Rs. 80,000
Tata Neu Plus HDFC LTF and HDFC millenia LTF-Rs. 85000
ICICI APay LTF and Platinum chip cc LTF: 4,60,000-----The highest of all
Kotak League Platinum LTF- Rs. 1,50,000
SBI Air India LTF- 1,69,000

Kartik155555

I got HDFC Millenia LTF in July 2022 via C2C basis through a 3rd party/DSA Agent with a limit of 85,000 only. The other card that I gave as proof was an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card with a 1,10,000 limit at that time. (Currently, I have an ICICI Platinum Chip+ APay Card with shared limits of Rs. 4,60,000.) It has been a year, and no credit limit increase offer was given to me by the bank. How do I ask HDFC Bank for a credit limit increase or upgrade the HDFC Millenia to Regalia or DCB or any other premium card for LTF?

Can someone shed light on this?

My current portfolio is as follows:

OneCard (South Indian Bank) LTF- Rs.160000
Flipkart Axis LTF and Axis My Zone LTF: Rs. 80,000
Tata Neu Plus HDFC LTF and HDFC millenia LTF-Rs. 85000
ICICI APay LTF and Platinum chip cc LTF: 4,60,000-----The highest of all
Kotak League Platinum LTF- Rs. 1,50,000
SBI Air India LTF- 1,69,000
Amex Smart Earn CC - 2,97,000
Best is to share ITR n salary slip n send to Chennai office

imrtbpsp

I have an HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay Credit Card with a credit limit of ₹1.5 lakh. As it is often said to always keep your credit card utilization ratio below 30%, I do the same and always use a maximum of 25 to 30% of my credit card limit. I never use the credit card limit more than 50 thousand out of 1.5 lakh. Now the confusion is that when I do not fully utilize my card limit and remain limited to only one third of the limit, will the bank offer me a Limit enhancement in such a situation? If yes then why? From my credit card transactions, the bank can see that I am not credit hungry and can responsibly repay the loan on time, but how will the bank know that I need a higher limit card? The bank will feel that it does not need more loan because it is not able to use the already given limit of 1.5 lakhs.

Cosmicgaze

I have an HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay Credit Card with a credit limit of ₹1.5 lakh. As it is often said to always keep your credit card utilization ratio below 30%, I do the same and always use a maximum of 25 to 30% of my credit card limit. I never use the credit card limit more than 50 thousand out of 1.5 lakh. Now the confusion is that when I do not fully utilize my card limit and remain limited to only one third of the limit, will the bank offer me a Limit enhancement in such a situation? If yes then why? From my credit card transactions, the bank can see that I am not credit hungry and can responsibly repay the loan on time, but how will the bank know that I need a higher limit card? The bank will feel that it does not need more loan because it is not able to use the already given limit of 1.5 lakhs.
I know a few who use the max limit of the card and revolved the balance for some months and still got limit enhancement hdfc calls and asks to increase limit. Even my dad never cares for this utilisation etc infact he never checked his cibil till date. They always keep increasing his limit.
I think there’s many other factors for banks deciding to give limit enhancements. My dad used to always over pay by a thousand or two. And he uses his card almost daily. Last month they gave dad a limit enhancement from 9 to 10 and he is retired since 10 years

Would also add that just use your card as you normally do. Pay when statement is generated. Don’t think of enhancements. It should come when you least expect it. If you are bothered of score then follow the utilisation ratio.

imrtbpsp

I know a few who use the max limit of the card and revolved the balance for some months and still got limit enhancement hdfc calls and asks to increase limit. Even my dad never cares for this utilisation etc infact he never checked his cibil till date. They always keep increasing his limit.
I think there’s many other factors for banks deciding to give limit enhancements. My dad used to always over pay by a thousand or two. And he uses his card almost daily. Last month they gave dad a limit enhancement from 9 to 10 and he is retired since 10 years

Would also add that just use your card as you normally do. Pay when statement is generated. Don’t think of enhancements. It should come when you least expect it. If you are bothered of score then follow the utilisation ratio.
Thanks for detailed and honest reply

imrtbpsp

Can I pay the bill before statement generation?

vivdwive

My personal experience has been that if u spend on various categories without much thinking of rewards, I'll get increment automatically and chasing increment from your end isn't worth as these big banks don't budge....plus if u keep on reaching near to annual milestones, u would get upgrade offers to easiy

Why so many posts about the same?

Post in thread 'HDFC credit Limit enhancement offer' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-credit-limit-enhancement-offer.9911/post-254504

Post in thread 'how to enhance limit of hdfc card' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/how-to-enhance-limit-of-hdfc-card.9324/post-254543

I hope the answer you received meets your expectations. 🤣

Please kindly avoid posting the same question multiple times in the future.

Cosmicgaze

Can I pay the bill before statement generation?
You can no harm.
You can also try paying when the statement generates. See which one of the two works for you to get an enhancement.

I have a friend who used to work in one banks credit card division. She told me auto limit enhancement is totally random hard to say in a particular bank who gives what. But in some banks they give limits and enhancements way to often. HDFC is very conservative in this regards. She had also told me if you have a credit card why are you using it like debit card. Just use it pay when statement generates unless you have a fear that you have money now and may not have when it generates then pay. But banks think that this person has money and doesn’t need us and he/she is managing in the limit provided with usage not going more than 50% .
I’m not sure how true it is but somehow it does make sense to me.

imrtbpsp

Post in thread 'HDFC credit Limit enhancement offer' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-credit-limit-enhancement-offer.9911/post-254504

Post in thread 'how to enhance limit of hdfc card' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/how-to-enhance-limit-of-hdfc-card.9324/post-254543

I didn't start any new thread here. Rather the question has been asked using the 'Reply' option. I do everything in life, like to keep everything neatly, my own blog is also an example of this. Would like to see the same on @TechnoFino. I myself noticed that many threads are running on almost the same topic, so before asking my query, I selected the same thread in which maximum replies were made.

imrtbpsp

If you throw light on one more thing, it will be a great kindness that when your question is not answered in one thread, can you ask in another thread?

imrtbpsp

You can no harm.
You can also try paying when the statement generates. See which one of the two works for you to get an enhancement.

I have a friend who used to work in one banks credit card division. She told me auto limit enhancement is totally random hard to say in a particular bank who gives what. But in some banks they give limits and enhancements way to often. HDFC is very conservative in this regards. She had also told me if you have a credit card why are you using it like debit card. Just use it pay when statement generates unless you have a fear that you have money now and may not have when it generates then pay. But banks think that this person has money and doesn’t need us and he/she is managing in the limit provided with usage not going more than 50% .
I’m not sure how true it is but somehow it does make sense to me.
Thanks! Agree with you. Same what i was thinking.