• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

how to increase or get offer to increase hdfc credit card limit

Mr. Aman

TF Select
Hlo guy's
I'm holding hdfc bank credit card form last 16 months but I'll didn't receive a limit enhancement offer I'll you that card well
my limit on that card is 50k . at the same I'll have axis Bank credit Card is with 200k limit
how can I' increase my limit any email id to write mails or any of your experiences .

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
If you throw light on one more thing, it will be a great kindness that when your question is not answered in one thread, can you ask in another thread?
Please allow some time for a response after posting your question. Spamming multiple threads with the same question is not recommended. Stick to a single thread to avoid confusion and receive accurate information from knowledgeable individuals.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Ask HDFC Bank to match the limit with ICICI credit card with reason of low limit you're not using it & give them hope that you'll do all spends on HDFC card if they increase the limit.

Attach ICICI Bank's credit card statement.

Good luck 🤞.

Tejo

TF Legend
I have an HDFC Business Moneyback Rupay Credit Card with a credit limit of ₹1.5 lakh. As it is often said to always keep your credit card utilization ratio below 30%, I do the same and always use a maximum of 25 to 30% of my credit card limit. I never use the credit card limit more than 50 thousand out of 1.5 lakh. Now the confusion is that when I do not fully utilize my card limit and remain limited to only one third of the limit, will the bank offer me a Limit enhancement in such a situation? If yes then why? From my credit card transactions, the bank can see that I am not credit hungry and can responsibly repay the loan on time, but how will the bank know that I need a higher limit card? The bank will feel that it does not need more loan because it is not able to use the already given limit of 1.5 lakhs.
Banks don't do limit enhancement based on utilization ratio, nowadays.

It's depend on mainly our income and spends.

Nowadays if you have 'x' loan relationship in the past also based on that too, the credit cards are being approved.

Even pnb, home loan relation people got pre-approved rupay cards.

imrtbpsp

TF Buzz
Please allow some time for a response after posting your question. Spamming multiple threads with the same question is not recommended. Stick to a single thread to avoid confusion and receive accurate information from knowledgeable individuals.
Ok
Banks don't do limit enhancement based on utilization ratio, nowadays.

It's depend on mainly our income and spends.

Nowadays if you have 'x' loan relationship in the past also based on that too, the credit cards are being approved.

Even pnb, home loan relation people got pre-approved rupay cards.
Existing card I have is based on my HDFC Saving Max account's 3months statement. They offered it without any documents (ITR, Salary Slips). Fact is that I was in job in 2008 last time. Since then till today I do not have any document to show in the name of fixed income. But I earn a lot.

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Ok

Existing card I have is based on my HDFC Saving Max account's 3months statement. They offered it without any documents (ITR, Salary Slips). Fact is that I was in job in 2008 last time. Since then till today I do not have any document to show in the name of fixed income. But I earn a lot.
It also depends on how much money you keep in the savings account and what was the past few months average balance which determines the pre approved card limit given to you. Person utilises the card pays on time. Has relation with the bank, bank would consider that in pushing an increase.
If you have itr filed you can mail hdfc and ask for a manual limit increase. That also depends on their mood how much if they decide to give.

Else just use the card like you do. When you least expect it hdfc will surprise you.

Tejo

TF Legend
It's seems they aren't accepting limit increase requests based on C4C documents anymore. They have even updated the upgrade form(C4C option in removed in the the updated form)

Nevertheless you can try your luck. Download the old upgrade form(http://bit.ly/3qTuKc4), fill it up, sent it to their legendary Chennai and hope for the best
@TechnoFino Can you please verify the c2c basis method for hdfc cards exits or not?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
HDFC considers only the following banks CC’s as received communication from HDFC.

“For Card holders of Standard chartered, Citibank, State Bank of India, HSBC, ABN, Deutsche Bank or Axis Bank ONLY
Photocopy of the Front of the credit card, with latest two months original statements.”
- if you’re sending as courier to them, else scan copies.

Sanskar

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
HDFC considers only the following banks CC’s as received communication from HDFC.

“For Card holders of Standard chartered, Citibank, State Bank of India, HSBC, ABN, Deutsche Bank or Axis Bank ONLY
Photocopy of the Front of the credit card, with latest two months original statements.”
- if you’re sending as courier to them, else scan copies.
Fir Limit enhancement?

fageriaji

TF Premier
I dropped an email to escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com yesterday for LE as currently I have CC upgrade offer on my Diners Club Millennia to DCP without LE. I got response from CCE:
Dear Mr. Fageria ,
Thank you for writing to us.
This is with reference to your e-mail dated July 18, 2023 with regards to Limit increase.

We understand that you wish to increase the credit limit assigned to your card account.
In order to review your request, kindly send us a duly signed letter seeking Limit Enhancement along with the documents as given below.

1. Salaried - Attested copy of the latest payslip which is not beyond 45 days old and copy of the visiting card or Office Id card.

2. Self Employed - Attested copy of the latest ITR ( Income Tax Return ) and copy of the Pan card along with Computation of Income ( this is a part of the income tax returns form which the card holder submits, which lists out the individual breakup of the total

You may use our drop boxes placed for your convenience at our branches, alternatively you can mail your income documents to the address mentioned below.

HDFC Bank Cards Division.
PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

All income / supporting documents as mentioned above will need to be self-attested (duly signed by you) on the document along with a signed letter.
On receipt of the documents, we will review the credit limit assigned to your card account and notify you accordingly.

I don not understand why HDFC needs everything to their Chennai office ? Why they do not accept documents over email ?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I dropped an email to escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com yesterday for LE as currently I have CC upgrade offer on my Diners Club Millennia to DCP without LE. I got response from CCE:
Dear Mr. Fageria ,
Thank you for writing to us.
This is with reference to your e-mail dated July 18, 2023 with regards to Limit increase.

We understand that you wish to increase the credit limit assigned to your card account.
In order to review your request, kindly send us a duly signed letter seeking Limit Enhancement along with the documents as given below.

1. Salaried - Attested copy of the latest payslip which is not beyond 45 days old and copy of the visiting card or Office Id card.

2. Self Employed - Attested copy of the latest ITR ( Income Tax Return ) and copy of the Pan card along with Computation of Income ( this is a part of the income tax returns form which the card holder submits, which lists out the individual breakup of the total

You may use our drop boxes placed for your convenience at our branches, alternatively you can mail your income documents to the address mentioned below.

HDFC Bank Cards Division.
PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

All income / supporting documents as mentioned above will need to be self-attested (duly signed by you) on the document along with a signed letter.
On receipt of the documents, we will review the credit limit assigned to your card account and notify you accordingly.

I don not understand why HDFC needs everything to their Chennai office ? Why they do not accept documents over email ?
They do accept over e-mail. They just don't tell it openly. Ask them whether you can send the docs over email. They'll reply positive hopefully.