• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to Pay Amex CC Bill and get cashback

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, post this new BBPS restrictions, I am currently not able to pay Amex Credit card bill via HDFC Bill Pay. Can anyone suggest me an alternative payment gateway that still offers cashback on Credit card bill payments?
I have HDFC Visa Platinum DC, IndusInd Exclusive Visa & Master DC, and IDFC Wealth DC.

Did chat with them but executive doesn’t have knowledge on this
So they say usual methods of payment
I paid lets see at least next month it get fixed so that 1% possible
Still 1 week left . Hope Amex would be onboard at BBPS
all the best .. I would not count on it for this time at least ..
right. they wouldn't, on their own.

and @Wealth is my birth right! chat ppl are just to support us. not to take new feature requests.

we better mail to head-customerservice or nodal, asking them to follow the industry standard implemented by all cc issuers, i.e., bbps

Last edited:
But irrespective of our request they have to adhere to RBI right within timelines
the rbi guideline is only applicable to payments made via 3rd party apps. all such payments should be done only through bbps.

amex will be removed from all 3rd party apps, so what? we'll just have to pay via neft, upi, cash, cheque. accepting payment via 3rd party apps is not mandated by rbi & thus they're not breaking any rules.

the rbi guideline is only applicable to payments made via 3rd party apps. all such payments should be done only through bbps.

amex will be removed from all 3rd party apps, so what? we'll just have to pay via neft, upi, cash, cheque. accepting payment via 3rd party apps is not mandated by rbi & thus they're not breaking any rules.
RBI mandate is to use BBPS at backend for all cc bill payments processing, frontend can be anything so bank/any app can take money from user via upi/netbanking/imps/debit card but that money will have to pass through BBPS at backend for final cc bill payment.

I too paid for my Gold card about a few days ago and it was instanlty credited to the amex card ,unlike before..
Got the 1% CB as well..
Hi bro, any specific benefits of Amex gold card?
If I ask you to compare it with other bank cards in terms of benefits then which card would you choose?

we all should complain to Amex about their non-presence on BBPS.

Already did this 2 days ago. Everyone can try emailing this address: social@aexp.com, so they realise how much people want them to be on BBPS

Parts of the reply that I received are posted below:

==================================================
Our team(s) are working on understanding the relevant requirements for credit card bill payments through fintech apps. In the meantime, to make a payment towards your American Express Card account, please use one of the various payment methods available on our website. We thank you for your understanding and continued patronage.

You can continue to pay your American Express Card bill with ease via UPI, NEFT, Autopay and other modes. Know more about these options here: https://go.amex/RZqJGY
==================================================

Track this site for addition on BBPS. After getting in WIP list wait for atleast 2-6 weeks before it actually gets live.

Until and unless banks like Amex, Hsbc, SC don't come on BBPS I think its hard to get DC rewards on them as other Apps take money in their escrow account and then imps to your ccs from that account so they cannot bear 5he mdr charges.

And until someone gives the mdr charges hence, the DC's won't be able to give reward

1000102891.png
Follow this link

Last edited:
i talked to their team. the below are their exact words.

"they said they're working on it. but that many other banks are yet to be live on BBPS, so we'll take our time. not overnight."

i think we each should email them and put pressure for them to consider this as a priority. and take updates regularly via email.

Back