• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Add On Card Query

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received a call now (I think an external agent associated with HSBC) and she said if I take 3 add-on card on my existing HSBC Platinum card they would give some Amazon voucher, Swiggy voucher and also card eligible for lounge visits etc. All this at no extra cost.

Wanted to check if this is genuine at all / have any other HSBC members / card holders received such calls earlier and if they got vouchers on getting the add-on card? Just wanted to be sure this is ok and fit before I share any document details with her. Thanks.

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received a call now (I think an external agent associated with HSBC) and she said if I take 3 add-on card on my existing HSBC Platinum card they would give some Amazon voucher, Swiggy voucher and also card eligible for lounge visits etc. All this at no extra cost.

Wanted to check if this is genuine at all / have any other HSBC members / card holders received such calls earlier and if they got vouchers on getting the add-on card? Just wanted to be sure this is ok and fit before I share any document details with her. Thanks.
ask her to send an email to you about the addon offer, if she sends an email from the @hsbc.co.in domain then you are safe to proceed.

Whatever offer she is saying is true for each addon card.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recieved a similar call now. Were you able to verify if the offer is legit?
No. The lady's number however showed as HSBC with 040 starting in TrueCaller. She said she is an agent and so I asked her to send an email from her official agency. She didn't do it. So I'm also caught in two minds now as Trucaller did say HSBC whereas she isn't sending an email asking for docs that will always help in a trail and also because we are sharing confidential personal docs. So don't know what to do.

No. The lady's number however showed as HSBC with 040 starting in TrueCaller. She said she is an agent and so I asked her to send an email from her official agency. She didn't do it. So I'm also caught in two minds now as Trucaller did say HSBC whereas she isn't sending an email asking for docs that will always help in a trail and also because we are sharing confidential personal docs. So don't know what to do.
I also got a call from number starting with 040 and truecaller showing "HSBC Card sale". I will ask tomorrow for some proof that she is affiliated with HSBC.

Also it seems that HSBC did use to run similar offers in the past.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I also got a call from number starting with 040 and truecaller showing "HSBC Card sale". I will ask tomorrow for some proof that she is affiliated with HSBC.

Also it seems that HSBC did use to run similar offers in the past.
Thanks. Please do reply here once you get comfort from their side. Will be helpful for me also to go ahead. Thanks

The lady I was talking to did not directly work with HSBC. She shared her ID card though, which showed she was working for Viba bpo. I have found some references to Viba bpo working with HSBC through Google. So it seems they are not scammers, at least. Though I could not verify the legitimacy of the offer.

Anyways, I was already looking for an add on card, so I have sent her the documents. Will keep updating here.