• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live+ Credit Card Review | HSBC Cashback Credit Card Rebranded

Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 15th July, 2024.
HSBC revamped their Cashback Credit Card back in December 2023, and I would say it stood out as an exception in a season of brutal devaluations. Since earning points for travel is becoming increasingly difficult, many people are shifting to cashback credit cards to enhance their value back. Now, in July 2024, they have just rebranded their Cashback Credit Card as the Live+ Credit Card with a fresh design. In terms of benefits, nothing has actually changed.

Here's a quick review of this great credit card from HSBC Bank!

Charges and Welcome Benefits​

Joining Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Welcome Benefits​
Amazon voucher worth ₹1000 on spending ₹10000 within the first 30 days​
Annual Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Annual Benefits​
NIL​
Annual Fee Waiver​
Spend ₹2L on your card in a year for an annual fee waiver*.
Add-on Fees​
NIL​
Card Category​
Cashback​
The welcome voucher compensates the joining fee but there will be no annual benefits for paying the annual fees.

Reward Rate​

Spends Area
CashbackRate
Capping
All dining, food delivery and grocery spends​
10%​
₹1000​
All Other Spends*​
1.50%​
Unlimited​
  • *Cashback cannot be earned on transactions made on Fuel, e-wallets, rental payments, Business to Business transactions, education and government payments, Insurance, Jewelry and antique items, Gambling, Tolls and Bridge Fees, Financial and Non-Financial Institutions, Security Broker Services, Collection Agencies, Charity, Money Transfers and Wholesale Clubs.​
  • Your cashback will be credited within 45 days after the statement generation date​
  • No cash-back redemption fee is applicable​

Other Benefits​

Airport Lounge Access​

Domestic Airport Lounge Access
Complimentary Limit – 4 Visits/ Calendar year (1 per quarter) within India only for primary cardholders.
Access Via – Credit Card

Fuel Surcharge Waiver​

No fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.

Forex Markup​

Forex markup charges are applicable of 3.5%+GST.

Eligibility​

• You must be aged between 18 to 65​
  • Your annual income must be at least INR400,000 per annum (for salaried individuals)​
  • You must be an Indian resident​
  • You must reside in any of the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, Pune​
HSBC Bank is currently only offering their credit cards to salaried individuals that too very strictly. If you are a self-employed individual then you may try your luck by opening a premium bank account against a huge NRV.

TechnoFino Recommends​

After the revaluation of the HSBC Cashback Credit Card back in December 2023, it became one of the best cashback cards for offline and online dining and grocery spends. The recent rebranding is just a name change to the Live+ Credit Card, but nothing has changed in terms of benefits. This is a simple, no-nonsense cashback card from HSBC Bank that caters to both groceries and dining at a flat 10% rate, which I would say is unprecedented. Earlier, Kotak was offering similar cashback on their Essentia and Delight Credit Cards with some conditions, but these have now been discontinued.

If you are looking for a great multi-utility card for all your grocery and dining spending then this card should be there in your wallet! Not to worry about the fees since in festive time reaching that upper cap on 10% cashback even for just one time will make your card free virtually for the year. This card is in direct competition with the HDFC Swiggy card now.

Are you planning to get this card? Tell us in the comments below about your experience.

Last edited:
Yesterday my HSBC Live+ card was credited with 952rs stating "Rewards Credit". I calculated my previous two statements and none of them were eligible for this amount of cashback as one statement which was from 8th Jun to 28th June (as i changed my statement date) was eligible for cashback of around 600 and the recent statement from 29th June to 28th July was eligible for 1000+ cashback.

I asked the cc on chat and they said that it doesn't seem to be like a cashback and said it is some reward for spending in first 30 days and that offer I had already received i.e. rs 1000 amazon pay voucher for spending 10k in the first 30 days. Did anyone else receive this cashback?
Yes, I also received ₹16 as rewards credit in the first week of this month, Many received same, this was discussed in other thread but still unclear about the credit.

i was told we get separate 1000 limit for 10% on both cards by customer care also separate lounge access as well like we can both use at the same time

just got the add on card recently and statement came so waiting on cashback credit to confirm if it's separate or if it's shared
Can you confirm how it’s being calculated?

I asked the cc on chat and they said that it doesn't seem to be like a cashback and said it is some reward for spending in first 30 days and that offer I had already received i.e. rs 1000 amazon pay voucher for spending 10k in the first 30 days. Did anyone else receive this cashback?
Did you spend 20000 or more in first 30 days after card issuance?

Is there any cashback calculation column just like axis ace?

Also is cashback being provided corectly for dining and grocery purchases?

Not sure how axis shows but there’s no itemised view for HSBC.

Yes if the restaurant or grocery store is using correct MCC. Do one transaction at the place you regularly go and then check with customer care about MCC
What should be the mcc for rewards wet dining grocery spends

Also is it worth to get this card when I have hdfc infinia card which provides 2x rp for dining and grocery during weekends

Calculation says for 10k I will get 660 points in inifinia if it's weekend and 330 if non weekend

So 440 I can get more considering weekend spend.

5280 I can save per year and including 1k fee it will be 4280 which seems good deal

Your suggestions

Also is it worth to get this card when I have hdfc infinia card which provides 2x rp for dining and grocery during weekends
Is it a new feature of Infinia? Can you share the screenshot of t&c?
AFAIK only DCB gives weekend dining 2x. That too its only for dining not grocery.
Calculation says for 10k I will get 660 points in inifinia if it's weekend and 330 if non weekend

So 440 I can get more considering weekend spend.

5280 I can save per year and including 1k fee it will be 4280 which seems good deal

Your suggestions
You cannot compare RP to Cash as 1:1. If you want to compare than company 1 RP : Rs. 0.7 in cash as RP redemption is subject to how to redeem and when you redeem. And AFAIK there is no such offer on infinia.

here's the calculation.

For 10k Spends on Grocery & Dining

Infinia - 330 RP*0.7= INR 231*12 = INR 2772
HSBC Live+ - INR 1000*12 = 12000

Difference= 12000 - 2772 = 9228 - 1180 = 8048 (Adjusting Fees)

IMO no need to even adjust the fees as you get 1000 back on spending 20k in first 30 days and also 2200 while applying via CashKaro.

Last edited:
AFAIK only DCB gives weekend dining 2x. That too its only for dining not grocery.

You cannot compare RP to Cash as 1:1. If you want to compare than company 1 RP : Rs. 0.7 in cash as RP redemption is subject to how to redeem and when you redeem. And AFAIK there is no such offer on infinia. Even if there is here's the calculation.

Infinia - 660 RP*0.7= INR 462*12 = INR 5544
HSBC Live+ - INR 1000

Difference= INR 4456 - 1000 = 3456 (Adjusting Fees)

IMO no need to even adjust the fees as you get 1000 back on spending 20k in first 30 days and also 2200 while applying via CashKaro.

And if Infinia doesn't give 2x then the difference is much more.
In the statement I could see reward points section separately and it has reward points for grocery separately along with smart buy.

I think I have got 5x this time. I will confirm this by next month as I will buy from same shop today or tomorrow and check the same

In the statement I could see reward points section separately and it has reward points for grocery separately along with smart buy.
That's because grocery rps are credited seperately as there is an upper cap. You do not get any base rewards. It credits only once and that's written seperately.
I think I have got 5x this time. I will confirm this by next month as I will buy from same shop today or tomorrow and check the same
It's not possible you cannot get 5x by just swiping it normally at a store. You get 5x only on instant voucher and flights

Updated my initial post about calculation

Last edited:
That's because grocery rps are credited seperately as there is an upper cap. You do not get any base rewards. It credits only once and that's written seperately.

It's not possible you cannot get 5x by just swiping it normally at a store. You get 5x only on instant voucher and flights

Updated my initial post about calculation
Ya I agree the cap is upto 2k points on grocery per month

You cannot compare RP to Cash as 1:1. If you want to compare than company 1 RP : Rs. 0.7 in cash as RP redemption is subject to how to redeem and when you redeem. And AFAIK there is no such offer on infinia.

here's the calculation.

Infinia - 330 RP*0.7= INR 231*12 = INR 2772
HSBC Live+ - INR 1000*12 = 12000

Difference= 12000 - 2772 = 9228 - 1180 = 8048 (Adjusting Fees)

HSBC should Increse CAP to Rs.2000/- considering Monthly Avarage indian Spends.

I plan to replace my platinum card with a cash-back card. Can I use the cash-back card to get instant 10% discounts on Amazon, Flipkart, and Swiggy? I tried to search for this answer but couldn’t find. Please let me know.

I plan to replace my platinum card with a cash-back card. Can I use the cash-back card to get instant 10% discounts on Amazon, Flipkart, and Swiggy? I tried to search for this answer but couldn’t find. Please let me know.
For swiggy yes and for Amazon its subjective depending on Amazon mcc on particular txn. Flipkart doesn't give at all I think as some people have confirmed it.

it will not give instant discount.. its cashback card

Hi, did not get the cashback for June Statement(Statement Generation Date 3rd July). July statement got generated today. Anyone face a similar issue? Whom do I need to contact?

I think then it won't be sustainable. Its better to stay 1000 for long instead of being like 🪓s and starting from 2000 and lowering down to as low as 500 suddenly to recover losses.
If you consider fees Rs.999/- its pretty higher than averag entry level cards. If they remove lounge and increase 10% cap to Rs2000/- . They can be leader in CB category.
Any way their approval rate of CC is also lower.
They can easiy manage and earn well.

If you consider fees Rs.999/- its pretty higher than averag entry level cards. If they remove lounge and increase 10% cap to Rs2000/- . They can be leader in CB category.
Any way their approval rate of CC is also lower.
They can easiy manage and earn well.
Yes they can easily do that if not 2k but 1.5k but as I am observing they have recently spent a lot in advertisement of entire HSBC as a bank as well as this card particularly as I have seen in T20 WC ads, Zomato, Special Events etc.
So they are routing the money towards advertising and when more and more people get this card and more people achieve the threshold of claiming entire 1k/month then it would be harder for them to sustain for long. As grocery mcc is easily available and some people even do manufactured spends easily.

To avoid manufactured spends banks like axis restrict to merchant specific cashback or more mcc exclusions. But HSBC has not done that and if we talk about mcc then even liquor shops are considered for 10%.

Back