• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live+ Credit Card Review | HSBC Cashback Credit Card Rebranded

Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 15th July, 2024.
HSBC revamped their Cashback Credit Card back in December 2023, and I would say it stood out as an exception in a season of brutal devaluations. Since earning points for travel is becoming increasingly difficult, many people are shifting to cashback credit cards to enhance their value back. Now, in July 2024, they have just rebranded their Cashback Credit Card as the Live+ Credit Card with a fresh design. In terms of benefits, nothing has actually changed.

Here's a quick review of this great credit card from HSBC Bank!

Charges and Welcome Benefits​

Joining Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Welcome Benefits​
Amazon voucher worth ₹1000 on spending ₹10000 within the first 30 days​
Annual Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Annual Benefits​
NIL​
Annual Fee Waiver​
Spend ₹2L on your card in a year for an annual fee waiver*.
Add-on Fees​
NIL​
Card Category​
Cashback​
The welcome voucher compensates the joining fee but there will be no annual benefits for paying the annual fees.

Reward Rate​

Spends Area
CashbackRate
Capping
All dining, food delivery and grocery spends​
10%​
₹1000​
All Other Spends*​
1.50%​
Unlimited​
  • *Cashback cannot be earned on transactions made on Fuel, e-wallets, rental payments, Business to Business transactions, education and government payments, Insurance, Jewelry and antique items, Gambling, Tolls and Bridge Fees, Financial and Non-Financial Institutions, Security Broker Services, Collection Agencies, Charity, Money Transfers and Wholesale Clubs.​
  • Your cashback will be credited within 45 days after the statement generation date​
  • No cash-back redemption fee is applicable​

Other Benefits​

Airport Lounge Access​

Domestic Airport Lounge Access
Complimentary Limit – 4 Visits/ Calendar year (1 per quarter) within India only for primary cardholders.
Access Via – Credit Card

Fuel Surcharge Waiver​

No fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.

Forex Markup​

Forex markup charges are applicable of 3.5%+GST.

Eligibility​

• You must be aged between 18 to 65​
  • Your annual income must be at least INR400,000 per annum (for salaried individuals)​
  • You must be an Indian resident​
  • You must reside in any of the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, Pune​
HSBC Bank is currently only offering their credit cards to salaried individuals that too very strictly. If you are a self-employed individual then you may try your luck by opening a premium bank account against a huge NRV.

TechnoFino Recommends​

After the revaluation of the HSBC Cashback Credit Card back in December 2023, it became one of the best cashback cards for offline and online dining and grocery spends. The recent rebranding is just a name change to the Live+ Credit Card, but nothing has changed in terms of benefits. This is a simple, no-nonsense cashback card from HSBC Bank that caters to both groceries and dining at a flat 10% rate, which I would say is unprecedented. Earlier, Kotak was offering similar cashback on their Essentia and Delight Credit Cards with some conditions, but these have now been discontinued.

If you are looking for a great multi-utility card for all your grocery and dining spending then this card should be there in your wallet! Not to worry about the fees since in festive time reaching that upper cap on 10% cashback even for just one time will make your card free virtually for the year. This card is in direct competition with the HDFC Swiggy card now.

Are you planning to get this card? Tell us in the comments below about your experience.

Last edited:
Got the card delivered yesterday and their kyc agent called today for office verification. I am working from home and told to mention the same to him. He said it is fine. Any idea if this will be problem ? Thanks
Once the card has been delivered, I think now there should not be any issues.

Hi,

applied yesterday, however the page got stuck after entering consent and submit, did not receive application number either via text or email.

1703134201723.png

Hi,

applied yesterday, however the page got stuck after entering consent and submit, did not receive application number either via text or email.

View attachment 38020
Same with everyone, use the SMS mentioned above, you will get a call from bank, they will apply again, you get Adobe pdf to attach photo, bank statement and salary slip.
You will get confirmation if application is accepted or not. This is the standard procedure.

Same with everyone, use the SMS mentioned above, you will get a call from bank, they will apply again, you get Adobe pdf to attach photo, bank statement and salary slip.
You will get confirmation if application is accepted or not. This is the standard procedure
What happened with ur application, any updates? I m still waiting for update

You will get confirmation if application is accepted or not. This is the standard procedure.
Hi,

View attachment 38020
Received call from HSBC and they're saying yesterday's application is accepted. Are they bluffing by creating a new application because adobe pdf reflects application date being today 21/12/23? (I applied for HSBC CC via cashkaro, so if new application is created - cashkaro benefits will not be received)

I felt call as genuine as, they told to fetch your previous application, we need pan card number and after providing it, they were able to correctly state current address, company name and address.

However, banks usually sell by bluffing hence I need a confirmation as in adobe pdf the person who called from HSBC his name is mentioned and he additionally stated HSBC shall require bank statement, salary slip, photo for further process.

I don't want HSBC card if cashkaro benefits is not received.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Received call from HSBC and they're saying yesterday's application is accepted. Are they bluffing by creating a new application because adobe pdf reflects application date being today 21/12/23? (I applied for HSBC CC via cashkaro, so if new application is created - cashkaro benefits will not be received)

I felt call as genuine as, they told to fetch your previous application, we need pan card number and after providing it, they were able to correctly state current address, company name and address.

However, banks usually sell by bluffing hence I need a confirmation as in adobe pdf the person who called from HSBC his name is mentioned and he additionally stated HSBC shall require bank statement, salary slip, photo for further process.

Thanks for help.
I'd similar problem but I received CashKaro benefits.
Although can't be sure about individual cases.

Is there a way to track whether application is directed via cashkaro?

Also did you had any previous relationship with hsbc bank before applying for the card?

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
It should be pending. And there is no confirmation from cashkaro of you receive it or not.
It's better to keep the card for an year and close it before annual fee.

Thanks for help.
They applied fresh for me as well. I asked her if she is applying fresh then she told me that no she needs the details to fetch application status

This might me true as there was no OTP requested.

Anyways I needed the card so went with it. No vkyc for me as I'm existing customer
I have to leave cashkaro benefits in this case.
Very bad experience with HSBC Bank 😔😞

They applied fresh for me as well. I asked her if she is applying fresh then she told me that no she needs the details to fetch application status

This might me true as there was no OTP requested.

Anyways I needed the card so went with it. No vkyc for me as I'm existing customer
I have to leave cashkaro benefits in this case.
Very bad experience with HSBC Bank 😔😞
Thanks for sharing your experience, this was exactly how it went for me as well.

To save myself, I'm not going to proceed anymore with the application - don't want to deal with such a bank where I had 2 CIBIL hits just because they want lead to be generated and from there onwards their executives will mention their name in application name to reach their targets!

Moreover, as mentioned by various TF members, their customer care is poor and entire application right from application to receiving the card is bit of headache.

I love my peace over dealing with them.

Thanks for sharing your experience, this was exactly how it went for me as well.

To save myself, I'm not going to proceed anymore with the application - don't want to deal with such a bank where I had 2 CIBIL hits just because they want lead to be generated and from there onwards their executives will mention their name in application name to reach their targets!

Moreover, as mentioned by various TF members, their customer care is poor and entire application right from application to receiving the card is bit of headache.

I love my peace over dealing with them.
I guess your cibil is already hit.

Anyways, any existing holders with any idea when HSBC charges their annual fee ?
Like beginning of the card membership year or end or some weird time like HDFC !!!

Anyways, any existing holders with any idea when HSBC charges their annual fee ?
Like beginning of the card membership year or end or some weird time like HDFC !!!
Usually they charge at the end of card issuance year. So close the card in 11th month

Can I apply for this card using my other bank credit card statement without salary slip or bank statement ?

Got the card today! Swiped it right away at Dmart, infact activated in the Dmart itself 🥹 is there any way to validate MCC code and the cashback eligibility?
Also I have read that there is offer on Amazon pay for postpaid bill payment, can anybody confirm?
Did you get 10% on using in dmart?

Back