• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am Royally screwed by RBL Zomato Edition Card

vivian

TF Buzz
Had a 770+ CIBIL and recently applied for zomato edition card and got it. Used it for few hundred Rs in Zomato once and forgot. Received the due alert email. Clicked the pay full due amount, paid the bill and forgot. Turns out even though I clicked Pay Full Amount (some 410.18 Rs), they prefilled with 410 and left out 18 Paise. 18 Paise remained unpaid for 2 months, they charged me some 300 Rs as fine amount over the next 2 months. I noticed it, paid the fine and applied for closing of card. They accepted their fault and refunded the fine money. And all was okay.

This month credit score shows a drop of 85 CIBIL pts. A 18 paisa unpaid bill, brought down my CIBIL score to 680 from 770. I have never missed paying a bill in last 25 months of my credit history. What do I do now? @TechnoFino
Should I appeal to someone or let it go?

i always download mod from trusted website.
Never use modded versions of any apps for financial transactions.

You don't know what they hold in there.

Very big no no for modded apps related to finance. Pay for the app. Be safe. It is not worth it. Believe me. If not use an alternative but use a clean app from the original developer.

Never use modded versions of any apps for financial transactions.

You don't know what they hold in there.

Very big no no for modded apps related to finance. Pay for the app. Be safe. It is not worth it. Believe me. If not use an alternative but use a clean app from the original developer.
I didn't connect any bank with the app. I enter all the transactions manually. But still bought app few months ago.

I didn't connect any bank with the app. I enter all the transactions manually. But still bought app few months ago.
Good then, brother.

Actually, I am pretty much into modding and rooting since long, say since last 8 years. So, I am aware of the risks of modded stuff.

Did try app development too, but honestly did not have the time for it.

So, for the casual user using a modded version may seem to be the same thing just to save a few bucks. But in reality, if you get your hands on the wrong (malicious) version, then you can be screwed in no time.

It is just the money thing that makes me more paranoid. For other apps, at the most, you could lose your data and thats it.

Just my two cents.

My suggestion is better to check all the cards,balances and due date at the end of every month which is far better than any other tracking
Only tried that for 1 week. I switched to an old-school Excel sheet and changed all my bill dates to the same dates every month.
tracks and pays everything on the first week of every month. Hide/Delete Monthly Column once everything is sorted out

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.44.23 PM.png

fingers crossed.. have mailed RBL asking them to report the reversal to CIBIL. i have been meaning to get a housing loan for some time now. if this fiasco isn't fixed, then i am screwed. never in my wildest dreams, thought a 20 paise will decide my financial fate.
Hey! Were you able to get the late fee entry removed from your cibil? I'm in the exact situation and my Cibil dropped by 75 points for 50 paise 🙀

Like you, I'm planning to get a housing loan but RBL has ruined it for me. Please let me know if you were able to correct your Cibil and what steps did you follow?

Update : Over the next few months after the original post, I fought with RBL and they finally budged in and got the late payments dropped from CIBIL. And my CIBIL score went up back to 780 from 680.
But it still shows up in Experian, but doesn't have any effect on the score. Experian score remained pretty much the same before and after this saga. So never bothered to get it fixed.

Thanks to all TF community guys who helped me in this regard.

Update : Over the next few months after the original post, I fought with RBL and they finally budged in and got the late payments dropped from CIBIL. And my CIBIL score went up back to 780 from 680.
But it still shows up in Experian, but doesn't have any effect on the score. Experian score remained pretty much the same before and after this saga. So never bothered to get it fixed.

Thanks to all TF community guys who helped me in this regard.
Can you explain what exactly you did to get them remove the late payment from Cibil?

Back