• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I rejected my Amex Card!

chnleo

TF Buzz
Last week i successfully got Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card but I have decided to dump the card without activating it. The reason being low Credit limit which i am not happy. When can apply again incase I refuse to take it?

Last week i successfully got Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card but I have decided to dump the card without activating it. The reason being low Credit limit which i am not happy. When can apply again incase I refuse to take it?
If you want to apply for this again I recommend you don't refuse it
because they will not give it to you again.

Even so, if you want to take the risk you need to wait for 6 months after refusing it.

I am talking from real life experience--
When I purposely and purposefully closed my MRCC card after using it for 4 years, they told me I need to wait six months to apply for any American express Card.

please mark this as your solution thanks 🙏

Last edited:
90 days.

But it isn't really recommended to reject a card like that, the limit goes up pretty quickly in the case of AmEx.
Sometimes within 2-3 months if your spending are good.

But the good part is the wait time is only for that specific card.

So you can apply for an MRCC card instantly, start spending, and build a good credit profile with AmEx.

And when you're ready for Plat Travel next, your limit should be much better! 🙂

Back