• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI amazon pay CC Chargeback Query

cpt_price

TF Neo
Hello,

i need some information chargeback. My case is below.

There is a guy who runs FPSCrib. I wanted to purchase 3 graphic cards (computer component) worth combined 1,25,000. During calls/whtsapp chats with the owner he said he will give me 3 cards regardless of any brand based on my budget. He created a custom order link via Cashfree (merchant was FPScrib only) and i made the payment on 22nd Jan 2024.

Now, after 3 days he stopped responding to my calls or messages. i researched in tech forums and found he is a well known scammer who ran different website ITtude previously. I immediately raised a chargeback(product not delivered/services not provided category) through ICICI CC toll free number. They created the SR on 28th Jan and i provided all these details. They gave me interim chargeback instantly, so today i called them just to check status like if i need to give any proofs etc . They said the ticket is still open and at level 1 (merchant has not responded the chargeback). It will take upto 10 weeks they added (previously told 45 days)

My queries are.

1. If merchant is a scammer, he would have already withdrawn money as I waited for 4-5 days to report chargeback. Then how i will win chargeback?
2. Why bank said 10 weeks if SR is still at level 1? if merchant doesn't responds for 45 days then i should win right?
3. Merchant (that guy) is not reachable by any means like he has disappeared. i have his photo and i can file an FIR too but if i get my money back i dnt care.
4. Any advices on any specific proofs i need to keep. (have whtsapp chats, payment receipt, custom order id)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

There is a guy who runs FPSCrib. I wanted to purchase 3 graphic cards (computer component) worth combined 1,25,000. During calls/whtsapp chats with the owner he said he will give me 3 cards regardless of any brand based on my budget. He created a custom order link via Cashfree (merchant was FPScrib only) and i made the payment on 22nd Jan 2024.

Now, after 3 days he stopped responding to my calls or messages. i researched in tech forums and found he is a well known scammer who ran different website ITtude previously. I immediately raised a chargeback(product not delivered/services not provided category) through ICICI CC toll free number. They created the SR on 28th Jan and i provided all these details. They gave me interim chargeback instantly, so today i called them just to check status like if i need to give any proofs etc . They said the ticket is still open and at level 1 (merchant has not responded the chargeback). It will take upto 10 weeks they added (previously told 45 days)

My queries are.

1. If merchant is a scammer, he would have already withdrawn money as I waited for 4-5 days to report chargeback. Then how i will win chargeback?
2. Why bank said 10 weeks if SR is still at level 1? if merchant doesn't responds for 45 days then i should win right?
3. Merchant (that guy) is not reachable by any means like he has disappeared. i have his photo and i can file an FIR too but if i get my money back i dnt care.
4. Any advices on any specific proofs i need to keep. (have whtsapp chats, payment receipt, custom order id)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
If merchant didn't respond within 45 days they will chargeback and you get your money back 100%

In case merchant already withdrawn thereby the card network, merchant service provider and his receiver bank will care of those things you no need to worry. Mostly they will recover from his merchnat account from the pending settlement amount or will recover from the settlement bank.

Mostly the e-mail conversation will help in chargebacks.

WhatsApp chats can't be taken as proof unless the number is noted as customer care support by the merchant in the website.

No one will care of your FIR unless you have background from police depart.

If merchant didn't respond within 45 days they will chargeback and you get your money back 100%

In case merchant already withdrawn thereby the card network, merchant service provider and his receiver bank will care of those things you no need to worry. Mostly they will recover from his merchnat account from the pending settlement amount or will recover from the settlement bank.

Mostly the e-mail conversation will help in chargebacks.

WhatsApp chats can't be taken as proof unless the number is noted as customer care support by the merchant in the website.

No one will care of your FIR unless you have background from police depart.
i had no conversations in email as there is no reply from them and merchant is absconding. it was a custom order created on cashfree, i got the order id from cashfree support but i don't see that order id on FPScrib(merchant) website.
and the 10 weeks timeline? why did bank said if it is still in level1? i know its only 3 weeks passed

Hello,

My queries are.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
you are lucky as most of the time with major baanks were hell bent on buyer providing proof of refund from seller.

you are lucky as most of the time with major baanks were hell bent on buyer providing proof of refund from seller.
No, anyone can claim chargeback, in case if chargeback the seller is asked for invoice if he fails to submit the invoice and/or othwr proofs of product/service delivery within the stipulated time period, amount gets refunded.

Hello,

My queries are.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello! I also ordered from that website, Google linked me to it(not as a sponsored ad). A couple days later I find out about them.

Nobody is answering their numbers nor email.

Did you receive your product or a refund?

Hello,

My queries are.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Did you receive the refund

Back