• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI APay - Reward Points Not Credited due to Commercial Transactions

karan.rghu

TF Buzz
Hello,

I paid the premium for 5 insurance policies through Amazon Pay using my APay Card. The policies were of my brother, me and my mother. The total premium came out to be Rs. 2,35,000 for which I should've got Rs. 4,700 Cashback in my Amazon account.

But even after 4 days of statement generation, I did not receive any cashback. Just right now I have received this message from ICICI:

"Dear Customer,the credit of reward points for ICICI Bank Card XXXXX is on hold as transactions are being investigated. If the transactions are not for commercial use,it will be credited within 10 working days."

Should I just wait for the next 10 days or should I take this up with RBI Ombudsman / ICICI. Will I receive the cashback if I had paid the premiums for my brother and my mother?

ICICI started to show rewards points per transaction, download you previous statement pdf from imobile/netbaking to view

Thank you so much for letting us here know about this.

About this new thing, Nowhere its matching the total of individual transaction reward points to the total earnings amount for me for some previous months.
Also, wonder how come "AMAZON GIFT CARD MUMBAI IN" transactions are 1% cashback or what they call Reward points in statement. I thought GC gives 2% cashback.

Hello,

I paid the premium for 5 insurance policies through Amazon Pay using my APay Card. The policies were of my brother, me and my mother. The total premium came out to be Rs. 2,35,000 for which I should've got Rs. 4,700 Cashback in my Amazon account.

But even after 4 days of statement generation, I did not receive any cashback. Just right now I have received this message from ICICI:

"Dear Customer,the credit of reward points for ICICI Bank Card XXXXX is on hold as transactions are being investigated. If the transactions are not for commercial use,it will be credited within 10 working days."

Should I just wait for the next 10 days or should I take this up with RBI Ombudsman / ICICI. Will I receive the cashback if I had paid the premiums for my brother and my mother?
I too got same message bro, can someone help me what is commercial use. I ordered 3 mobiles, 2TV. I have to get around 11k reward points.
Hello,

I too got same message today, bro can you help me what I can do for the above issue. I have ordered 2tv , 3mobiles and some insurance premium pay. Around 11k reward points have to come but I didn't get. Will those orders come under commercial use??

Wait for 10 days
As in my case they credited my point
But i suggest not to use for such large transaction
Buy gift card of at least 1l and then proceed with it or use other credit card like Flipkart for remaining transaction

As ICICI may stop reward for insurance like ace
How they are investigating the transaction. My Rewards has been put on hold from ICICI. RECENTLY I made change my bill generation daye change that's why my bill is generated for 32 days and rewards accumulated is 8700

Update:
I received the points today. But I'm a bit confused. I had done Insurance payments for Rs. 2,34,978.
According to the website I should've received Rs. 4,720 as cashback. But I have received Rs. 9,397 as cashback.
After how many days you got your Amazon Pay rewards. For me 10 days working days over But there is no update

Wait for 10 days
As in my case they credited my point
But i suggest not to use for such large transaction
Buy gift card of at least 1l and then proceed with it or use other credit card like Flipkart for remaining transaction

As ICICI may stop reward for insurance like ace
I have used for personal use only and now 10 working days over yesterday. But no reply from icici Bank . When i am calling customer care, they saying investigation is still in progress.

Back