• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank fetching wrong aadhaar address while opening Savings Account

Post number 22 has been selected as best answer.

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A few days ago, I tried to open a new digital savings bank account with ICICI Bank. After entering my PAN details, I was informed that I was eligible for Wealth Banking. However, when the system fetched my address details, they were comically outdated.
(Back in 2018, when I got an Amazon Pay credit card, my Aadhaar card had that old address. Since then, I have changed my aadhaar address 4 times and even got other ICICI CCs ( in 2021 and 2023) using updated aadhaar addresses. )

Now the digital account opening form is not allowing me to edit the address stating that "this address is fetched from aadhaar". Moreover, for some reason, they have disabled to uncheck "Communication address will be same as Permanent address".

I complained to customer care and they are outright lying that address is fetched from Aadhaar (while it is clear that they are using my very old address from their own database). Also they are asking me to "visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch for opening a new account along with original Proof of ID, since your details already exists with ICICI bank". The reply is fairly stupid in this age of digital banking, they are saying that since I am an existing customer, I should visit the branch. This is opposite of what should normally happen.

Update on 19.06.2024
IMG_1126.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SSV

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Jara padh lo dono mein kya likha hai

Ye step funding option se phle aata hai😂
It's the first page for account opening.

Secondly, just after entering OTP a cibil hit is done.

"Padhne se pehle gyan pelne ki gandi aadat lag chuki hai. Gian hai aap"

Jaake school mein admission lelo, zarurat lag rhi hai😔
Vivad ho jayega 🥲

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Jara padh lo dono mein kya likha hai

Ye step funding option se phle aata hai😂

"Padhne se pehle gyan pelne ki gandi aadat lag chuki hai. Gian hai aap"

Jaake school mein admission lelo, zarurat lag rhi hai😔

Don't want to argue on what happened to others.
But in my case, CIBIL hit happened just after entering the OTP in the first page itself.
Like I said, there was some issue with address so reaching the page that you mentioned never even happened with me.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sab samajhbmei aa gaya after carefully reading everything.
No one is wrong here.
Jha ji you are right that there was a CIBIL hit at first page but goel Saab is also right when he says that you provided your concurrence for it.

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sab samajhbmei aa gaya after carefully reading everything.
No one is wrong here.
Jha ji you are right that there was a CIBIL hit at first page but goel Saab is also right when he says that you provided your concurrence for it.
Yes.
Also you can't proceed without authorizing the CIBIL hit in the first page. So there's no way around.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes.
Also you can't proceed without authorizing the CIBIL hit in the first page. So there's no way around.
TnC waale pop details mei jaao and wahan star marked credit bureau consent mei NO karke dekho.
Haven't tried myself, just a guess looking at the screenshots.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There's a single tick, without which u can't proceed ahead.
Abhi check Kiya, it seems you can NOT avoid a CIBIL hit while opening a Digital savings account because of two reasons:
1. You provided consent for it ( in Tnc it is mentioned).
2. This digital savings account is bundled with a pre approved personal loan. To arrive at your eligibility they make CIBIL hit.

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
TnC waale pop details mei jaao and wahan star marked credit bureau consent mei NO karke dekho.
Haven't tried myself, just a guess looking at the screenshots.
Ignore that screenshot ... that screenshot is from Step 6 ... I never even crossed Step 4.

Here's the screenshot of First page ... you cannot bypass this. Screenshot 2024-06-18 223613.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-18 223613.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-18 223613.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 3

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Abhi check Kiya, it seems you can NOT avoid a CIBIL hit while opening a Digital savings account because of two reasons:
1. You provided consent for it ( in Tnc it is mentioned).
2. This digital savings account is bundled with a pre approved personal loan. To arrive at your eligibility they make CIBIL hit.
Ignore that screenshot ... that screenshot is from Step 6 ... I never even crossed Step 4.

Here's the screenshot of First page ... you cannot bypass this. Screenshot 2024-06-18 223613.png
Just shut up 😤, varun ke kaha hai to kuch soch samajh ke hi kaha hoga.

We needs to go school🎒

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Goel Saab ne tau bas itna hee kaha ki consent provide Kiya hai. Bina consent ke CIBIL hit nahin hua hai. Haan you can avoid it mei probably he was wrong.
Koi baat nahi. Jhai ji 1 Goel ji 1
Ladai ladai maaf Karo kutte ki ta**I saaf Karo.