• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank fetching wrong aadhaar address while opening Savings Account

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A few days ago, I tried to open a new digital savings bank account with ICICI Bank. After entering my PAN details, I was informed that I was eligible for Wealth Banking. However, when the system fetched my address details, they were comically outdated.
(Back in 2018, when I got an Amazon Pay credit card, my Aadhaar card had that old address. Since then, I have changed my aadhaar address 4 times and even got other ICICI CCs ( in 2021 and 2023) using updated aadhaar addresses. )

Now the digital account opening form is not allowing me to edit the address stating that "this address is fetched from aadhaar". Moreover, for some reason, they have disabled to uncheck "Communication address will be same as Permanent address".

I complained to customer care and they are outright lying that address is fetched from Aadhaar (while it is clear that they are using my very old address from their own database). Also they are asking me to "visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch for opening a new account along with original Proof of ID, since your details already exists with ICICI bank". The reply is fairly stupid in this age of digital banking, they are saying that since I am an existing customer, I should visit the branch. This is opposite of what should normally happen.

Update on 19.06.2024
IMG_1126.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SSV
View attachment 57928

Now they are claiming “As per RBI guidelines, physical presence is mandatory to open new saving account.”
Damn sure this is a lie, based on the fact that most of my other bank accounts were opened completely online.
Can somebody tag any experts here who could tell me what should be my next course of action?
First of all, ask them what is physical presence in their terms🤣

And ICICI executive has been mandatorily visiting customers residence for opening new savings account. If that is what they meant. They geo tag our location via their tab

Yes … I think this needs to be done … bamboo chahiye inko.

Here’s the screenshot of my mail(typical ChatGPT generated mail 🫣)
View attachment 57932
This one is after or previous mail against customer care reply?

Hope it's previous one, so when you were having problems with the address, old address were getting fetched instead of new or updated and then when you raised concern for the same, without solving it from the backend. You were asked to visit the branch in person, right?

Not even home banking service was provided, right?

Drag it to RBI, staying you have updated address instead fetching it, ICICI is putting old address from the system itself and not trying to resolve the matter rather asking to visit the branch which is very far, stating that RBI itself restricted ICICI to open new savings account online. Account can only be opened through offline mode.

View attachment 57928

Now they are claiming “As per RBI guidelines, physical presence is mandatory to open new saving account.”
Damn sure this is a lie, based on the fact that most of my other bank accounts were opened completely online.
Can somebody tag any experts here who could tell me what should be my next course of action?
Physical presence is mandatory!!!!

Le VKYC process crying in a corner
VKYC ka section 18 hai wo Quote karo Master Directions ka

Neeche links aur Screenshots daal rha hu

1718781328184.png
1718781340391.png

Fresh KYC wala point hi quote karna

Last edited:
Kyu ki mota IP karwana sake, koi dusra account kholne ke liye persuade kar sake, misselling wagerah kar sake
Branch visit mei … they ask for random Initial Funding amount to open the account… could be 50k or 100k or something else. Branch ki jo marzi .. wo karte hain.
Mujhe kya mne to bina funding ke khol lia🙂

Back