• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank fetching wrong aadhaar address while opening Savings Account

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A few days ago, I tried to open a new digital savings bank account with ICICI Bank. After entering my PAN details, I was informed that I was eligible for Wealth Banking. However, when the system fetched my address details, they were comically outdated.
(Back in 2018, when I got an Amazon Pay credit card, my Aadhaar card had that old address. Since then, I have changed my aadhaar address 4 times and even got other ICICI CCs ( in 2021 and 2023) using updated aadhaar addresses. )

Now the digital account opening form is not allowing me to edit the address stating that "this address is fetched from aadhaar". Moreover, for some reason, they have disabled to uncheck "Communication address will be same as Permanent address".

I complained to customer care and they are outright lying that address is fetched from Aadhaar (while it is clear that they are using my very old address from their own database). Also they are asking me to "visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch for opening a new account along with original Proof of ID, since your details already exists with ICICI bank". The reply is fairly stupid in this age of digital banking, they are saying that since I am an existing customer, I should visit the branch. This is opposite of what should normally happen.

Update on 19.06.2024
IMG_1126.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SSV
Goel Saab ne tau bas itna hee kaha ki consent provide Kiya hai. Bina consent ke CIBIL hit nahin hua hai. Haan you can avoid it mei probably he was wrong.
Koi baat nahi. Jhai ji 1 Goel ji 1
Ladai ladai maaf Karo kutte ki ta**I saaf Karo.
Jab Varun ne open kiya hoga uske time pe baad m consent le rahe thhe jo avoidable thhi aur usne Screenshot bhi dala avoidable ka

Abb ICICI ne changes kiye aur first step pe hi Consent le raha hai jo ki unavoidable hai varun ko nhi pta hoga may be latest update.

Varun ke screenshot achhe se dekhe bina faltu m uski galti nikal di.

Varun ko bass itna bolna thha abb first step pe hi Consent le raha hai jo ki mne dekhi nhi aur uska dosh ICICI pe daal diya but usko Gian aur pta nhi kiya kiya bola, abb jab varun ne reply kiya toh uske reply ko pakad ke bhait gaya🤣

Abb koi latest changes se updated nhi hai toh usko changes ke baare m btao naa ki usko ulta sidha bolo🤣

Khud ki galti kha dekhti hai kisi ko bass dusro pe dosh daalna aata hai, abb ho sakta hai merko bhi khuch bol de🤣

Jab Varun ne open kiya hoga uske time pe baad m consent le rahe thhe jo avoidable thhi aur usne Screenshot bhi dala avoidable ka

Abb ICICI ne changes kiye aur first step pe hi Consent le raha hai jo ki unavoidable hai varun ko nhi pta hoga may be latest update.

Varun ko bass itna bolna thha abb first step pe hi Consent le raha hai jo ki mne dekhi nhi aur uska dosh ICICI pe daal diya but usko Gian aur pta nhi kiya kiya bola, abb jab varun ne reply kiya toh uske reply ko pakad ke bhait gaya🤣

Abb koi latest changes se updated nhi hai toh usko changes ke baare m btao naa ki usko ulta sidha bolo🤣

Khud ki galti kha dekhti hai kisi ko bass dusro pe dosh daalna aata hai, abb ho sakta hai merko bhi khuch bol de🤣
Big brother 🫂

Wo sab toh theek hai ....

lekin dukh toh iss baat ka hai ☹️☹️... Jiss Topic ka thread create kiya tha "wrong address"... uspe toh koi discussion hi nahi hua ...

ladai jhadga ho gaya bas ...
Brother open account via branch
Or just DM on X, the account opening executive will visit you

Ask him upfront to bring communication address declaration form if by chance there is any error again. No address proof will be required for the same

Keep urself updated🤡

Keep urself updated🤡
Tongue Goat GIF

Brother open account via branch
Or just DM on X, the account opening executive will visit you

Ask him upfront to bring communication address declaration form if by chance there is any error again. No address proof will be required for the same

Nearest ICICI branch is 28km away ... that's why I am trying to avoid this.
This is also the reason why the executive will not visit my home (nobody wants to travel 28km just for opening a bank account).

I have escalated the issue through customer care... if nothing works the maybe I will plan a trip in August to Open Account + Movie + Vehicle Servicing.

IMG_1126.jpeg

Now they are claiming “As per RBI guidelines, physical presence is mandatory to open new saving account.”
Damn sure this is a lie, based on the fact that most of my other bank accounts were opened completely online.
Can somebody tag any experts here who could tell me what should be my next course of action?

View attachment 57928

Now they are claiming “As per RBI guidelines, physical presence is mandatory to open new saving account.”
Damn sure this is a lie, based on the fact that most of my other bank accounts were opened completely online.
Can somebody tag any experts here who could tell me what should be my next course of action?
Physical presence is mandatory!!!!

Le VKYC process crying in a corner

View attachment 57928

Ask to give the refrence/quote with the links/PDF of that particular guidelines that restrict to open new SA online, if it will be not provided, you're going to lodge complaint directly to BO for such blatant lie in the name of RBI.

ICICI ko bada wala bamboo ka need hai 🤣 ghasit te huwe lejayeeee...I wish next restrictions/ban ispe lageeee 💀

By the way, can you provide screenshot of your mail, blur the sensitive details, if any, on this matter on which you got this reply?

Ask to give the refrence/quote with the links/PDF of that particular guidelines that restrict to open new SA online, if it will be not provided, you're going to lodge complaint directly to BO for such blatant lie in the name of RBI.

ICICI ko bada wala bamboo ka need hai 🤣 ghasit te huwe lejayeeee...I wish next restrictions/ban ispe lageeee 💀

By the way, can you provide screenshot of your mail, blur the sensitive details, if any, on this matter on which you got this reply?
Yes … I think this needs to be done … bamboo chahiye inko.

Here’s the screenshot of my mail(typical ChatGPT generated mail 🫣)
IMG_1127.jpeg

Back