• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank HPCL Credit Card, Is it valuable for Reward points?

babuni16

TF Buzz
have anyone holding ICICI Bank HPCL Credit Card? is it worthy to opt for fuel purchase & department store? I am thinking of having this card. Please give your suggestion.

terrible card, fuel cashback only applicable when used on icici pos machine.
i used once on icici pos machine at HPCL cashback not credited, called customer care, said transaction not eligible for cashback.
go for sbi octane.

ICICI has two hpcl card i guess, the best one would be hpcl super saver card. This gives cashback on any pos machine or in HP pay app. My average usage every month is 5000 and this card is best and get 200 cashback and payback points as well. Somewhere in this forum, i've explained the complete benefit of this card.

have anyone holding ICICI Bank HPCL Credit Card? is it worthy to opt for fuel purchase & department store? I am thinking of having this card. Please give your suggestion.
Card is really terrible. Yeah, it only gives you CB on ICICI PoS Machines and that too very less comparing to SBI BPCL or Citi IOCL card. They promise you something, but one thing I have noticed is the PayBack Portal is really terrible, that's why I chose APay card. And also, on the HPCL Super Saver, I guess you have some cashback limit upto 500 like that Airtel Axis Card, everything is kinda fake. You can take BoB Energie or Union Bank Carbon HPCL CC. Both on RuPay Platform and Reward Rate is good if you want HPCL cards

ICICI has two hpcl card i guess, the best one would be hpcl super saver card. This gives cashback on any pos machine or in HP pay app. My average usage every month is 5000 and this card is best and get 200 cashback and payback points as well. Somewhere in this forum, i've explained the complete benefit of this card.
I was using hpcl super saver. One of the worst I would say when it comes fuel. When you pay at hpcl pos it’s like super lotto, sometimes times it will work and most of the times will not, sometimes surcharge too.

I was using hpcl super saver. One of the worst I would say when it comes fuel. When you pay at hpcl pos it’s like super lotto, sometimes times it will work and most of the times will not, sometimes surcharge too.
Ok, ymmv! But as I explained above, I consistently get 200 cashback everymonth and payback points as well... Also used payback points for fuel purchase as well. Roughly equal to 5% return. All using single app called HP pay app and i never had to carry card with me and never had to visit payback portal as well.

So someone here mentioned payback portal is poor, but I don't understand the need to use portal at all. Looks like lack of understanding on how best one can use this fuel card.

As long as one's usage is around 5K worth fuel bill in a month and if they have access to the HP pump nearby which allows HP pay app, this is best card!

Sometime my usage goes above 5K in a month, i use icici fastag through HP pay app again. I recharge icici fastag using paytm citi card which gives 3% cashback.

AFAIK every hpcl card has limit on the per month rewards... At least in icici it's straightforward cashback, but in other cards it's rewards and reward redemption separate.
Yes but these cards have RuPay.. if you want and BoB is no less in offers etc. And they are also offering LTLTF (for select card variants) offer

Last edited:
Card is really terrible. Yeah, it only gives you CB on ICICI PoS Machines and that too very less comparing to SBI BPCL or Citi IOCL card. They promise you something, but one thing I have noticed is the PayBack Portal is really terrible, that's why I chose APay card. And also, on the HPCL Super Saver, I guess you have some cashback limit upto 500 like that Airtel Axis Card, everything is kinda fake. You can take BoB Energie or Union Bank Carbon HPCL CC. Both on RuPay Platform and Reward Rate is good if you want HPCL cards
I am using BOB Energie and the rewards are not working as mentioned. Made 2 transactions at HP Petrol pump and got 0 reward points. called customer care and they don't have any idea about it(most of the time they cut the call in the middle). sent multiple emails, raised tickets also(It's been 2 weeks and I didn't even get a reply also). They have terrible customer care service. And finally, I was frustrated with them and wanted to close/upgrade the card to another. Not recommended.
Note: Another user also complained the same. check BOB Energie thread.

I am using hpcl super saver card. Its good if you have HP Pump near and they have HP pay option.
HP Pay app is easy to use. Just you need to add money via CC but some charges are there.
If you pay directly by CC then 4 % cashback.
If you have around 2-4k monthly expense on fuel then go for it.

I am using BOB Energie and the rewards are not working as mentioned. Made 2 transactions at HP Petrol pump and got 0 reward points. called customer care and they don't have any idea about it(most of the time they cut the call in the middle). sent multiple emails, raised tickets also(It's been 2 weeks and I didn't even get a reply also). They have terrible customer care service. And finally, I was frustrated with them and wanted to close/upgrade the card to another. Not recommended.
Note: Another user also complained the same. check BOB Energie thread.
Have been using BOB Energie for 4 months now. It's almost 50-50 on reward points being automatically credited. But whenever RPs have not been credited, I've sent emails and they've manually credited it.

Yes, it's a hassle to manually ask for RPs everytime. But for me it has been the better option. BPCL pumps around me not mentioned in SBI Octane list, IDFC power+ and Axis IOCL don't give statement credit.

Also, I'm finding a pattern with RPs being credited hassle when using certain pumps. It's trial and error.

Will update if I'm successful

Can you please quote the thread? I'm unable to find it.

Else, a couple of questions.

1. Do you lead HP wallet with CC? If yes, Is there reversal of surcharge for that?
2. Or do you scan HPPay QR code and pay using CC? I know surcharge will be reversed for that. But most pumps around me don't allow scanning, saying they have inconsistencies in receiving the amounts.

1. Do you lead HP wallet with CC? If yes, Is there reversal of surcharge for that?
2. Or do you scan HPPay QR code and pay using CC? I know surcharge will be reversed for that. But most pumps around me don't allow scanning, saying they have inconsistencies in receiving the amounts.
1. yes, i use HP Pay and load using ICICI HPCL super saver card. And surcharge is reversed.
2. Yes, always scan QR code using HP Pay and pay using wallet amount and sometimes using ICICI Fastag amount.

Back