• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank refusing to upgrade my CC and also refusing to make my Coral CC LTF

Prostriker

TF Buzz
I have been using ICICI credit card since 23+ years. I currently have coral CC and I need to spend 1.5L to get free waiver. I mailed them asking for CC upgrade or else to cancel the card and they refused to upgrade my card. They told to send a confirmation for card closure but I don't want to close it due to CC history. I recently contacted ICICI CC Customer care and even they are not ready to either upgrade or make my CC LTF. Please let me know if there is any way to get LTF upgrade as I am such a loyal ICICI CC user. ( Have used this card extensively and most of the times got fee waiver as well and no defaults till date)

I have been using ICICI credit card since 23+ years. I currently have coral CC and I need to spend 1.5L to get free waiver. I mailed them asking for CC upgrade or else to cancel the card and they refused to upgrade my card. They told to send a confirmation for card closure but I don't want to close it due to CC history. I recently contacted ICICI CC Customer care and even they are not ready to either upgrade or make my CC LTF. Please let me know if there is any way to get LTF upgrade as I am such a loyal ICICI CC user. ( Have used this card extensively and most of the times got fee waiver as well and no defaults till date)
Get amazon pay card which is ltf and close this paid one

Do you also have platinum card? Or only Coral card?

Bro do you have any other cc of same age? If yes then you may get a apay as suggested by @wealth is by birth right or get the icici platinum chip card from icici twitter team and if you don't have any other cc of that age then closing a cc that old is not a good thing. Usually 5 years old cc is enough but for just 500rs + tax fees i won't recommed you closing a 23year old cc.

Suggesting go/request for ICICI MMT platinum card and they might accept the request easily.its just come with one time joing fee and thereafter Life time free...All icici offers on this...
Sometimes talking with right C/care guy also help..Try multiple time till got right c/care person to take your request..

If you ask for LTF they can't, if you ask for close they will negotiate. As in my case I have Amazon pay ICICI card ( LTF), and make my trip card ( paid ) Asked for make my trip card closure, they negotiate and make it LTF.

Open iMobile - Upgrade Card and check if there is any offer, they are offering me sapphiro, Manchester and MMT

Suggesting go/request for ICICI MMT platinum card and they might accept the request easily.its just come with one time joing fee and thereafter Life time free...All icici offers on this...
Sometimes talking with right C/care guy also help..Try multiple time till got right c/care person to take your request..
Yes, even I felt I should try few times to get the right customer care executive. Just wanted to know if there was some other way like mailing grievance and asking. Thank you will try multiple times else will downgrade to platinum card

Agreed but ICICI won’t make any card ltf
We should get issued itself ltf
I have coral ltf
I agree but do you really wanna close that old cc for a 500rs fee? I mean even if we use it for icici offer its pretty easy to touch 1.5 lac waiver and even if we don't touch it, 500rs is not much to drop cibil score. btw he can buy large appliances for friends. Icici runs big offers on Acs, refrigerator,tv etc.

Yes, even I felt I should try few times to get the right customer care executive. Just wanted to know if there was some other way like mailing grievance and asking. Thank you will try multiple times else will downgrade to platinum card
Bro as i remember icici creates a new cibil account for each new card. So, If you downgrade to platinum then maybe your 23 year old cibil account will be closed and a new account will be created by icici.

Guys i am not sure about this statement, can somebody confirm?

If you are salaried and , employer is listed with ICICI bank then you are eligible for LTF cards by default
I would suggest to visit branch and apply directly
If salary more than 1 lakh per month then LTF Rubyx
If more than 2 lakh then Sapphiro

Back