• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Card application form incorrect information filled

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I have a question. I have a salary account with ICICI bank, Recently the bank staff told me I could apply for an LTF card, so I told her to proceed. She just asked me for some basic details such as my father's name, mother's name, spouse's name, etc, and finally, she told please share the OTP to apply.

I shared the OTP and the application was submitted. Later I got the application PDF copy in my email. But while going through the application, I see that there are many incorrect details/spelling mistakes etc in the application.

Even my full name and name to be printed on the card is wrong. How can I get it corrected? When I contacted customer care, they replied that I could not change any details for the application that is in progress. I can only make some changes after it is approved. But I know that I cannot change the name printed on the card after it is approved.

What is the way out? I want to cancel this application and do a fresh one. Is it possible? Or, when they call for KYC, tell me that I don't need the card?

How to solve this?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
I have a question. I have a salary account with ICICI bank, Recently the bank staff told me I could apply for an LTF card, so I told her to proceed. She just asked me for some basic details such as my father's name, mother's name, spouse's name, etc, and finally, she told please share the OTP to apply.

I shared the OTP and the application was submitted. Later I got the application PDF copy in my email. But while going through the application, I see that there are many incorrect details/spelling mistakes etc in the application.

Even my full name and name to be printed on the card is wrong. How can I get it corrected? When I contacted customer care, they replied that I could not change any details for the application that is in progress. I can only make some changes after it is approved. But I know that I cannot change the name printed on the card after it is approved.

What is the way out? I want to cancel this application and do a fresh one. Is it possible? Or, when they call for KYC, tell me that I don't need the card?

How to solve this?
You can change name on card after approval as per my thinking
If you already have salary account than no need of kyc
You can cancel cc application by contacting icici bank cc best option contact through X

cardio_guy

TF Ace

How to solve this?
Update - she told all the information is fetched from my account itself. So the culprit is my sal account. I have to correct it there.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Update - she told all the information is fetched from my account itself. So the culprit is my sal account. I have to correct it there.
Go to the branch correct your every information according to your documents
take this credit card,after approval you can do correction on your credit card

Last edited:

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Yes, I called CC and checked. They told I needed to visit the branch for all corrections - name, father/mother/spouse/address/emergency contact/occupation, etc. I will visit the branch tomorrow and make these corrections. After that, I will see how the credit card application goes. The customer care doesn't have any information about my CC application. It looks like it has not reached them yet. I gave them the 13-digit application number, but they say it's not yet to be seen in the system.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
[UPDATE] - I contacted the RM and told them that I wanted to update my personal information and incorrect details in the bank account. For that, I have to visit the branch next week.
Regarding the credit card application, the CC executive said that it is already approved and she has added a note in the application remarks to print the full name. She has also spoken to the backend team if this is possible and they told it is doable.
I have also sent a mail to the customer care team to print my full name on the card.
Waiting for the responses from them.

[Next week, after I make the corrections in my details, I am thinking of applying for a platinum card and see if the changes are reflecting properly or not.]