• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Coral upgrade to Sapphiro

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Savings account balance.
Tier 3 city.
Btw i took my LTF rubyx offer just now and bad thing is i got same last 4 digits as my apay cc and now i will make mistakes during bill payments.

Edit:- 1 year ago a guy from my branch promised me he will get me Rubyx LTF if i take coral at that time. I took that coral because i needed an icici card desperately(it was good desicion for me). Later on when i asked that guy to upgrade to rubyx ltf he said there is no such offer. I told him that u promisd me so he said that he will get me but didn't mention about partiular timeline. I understood that he made me a bakra so i went to the branch manager told her the full story and even told her i will remove all the funds if they don't stand on their words but she didn't agree. That was the day i removed everthing from my icici account and they didn't give a shit about it.
My RM asked me to maintain a MAB of 50 lakhs for three months. I complied, but when I inquired about the promised benefits, she started avoiding me.

She claimed she had done her best, so I visited the BM. They were also unable to upgrade the account. While I was there, they contacted their backend team, who confirmed that the upgrade could only be done via Netbanking. Eligible customers would get an option to upgrade to Wealth Select.

I raised a complaint with the National Consumer Helpline (NCH). I met with the product head, who also denied the upgrade, stating it was out of their control. He suggested I accept other benefits and requested that I withdraw the complaint, repeatedly apologizing. The product head, who appeared to be in his 50s, was unable to help.

I refused to withdraw the complaint.

I then raised the issue with the Wealth Banking Head, who also denied the upgrade, citing a requirement of a 2 crore relationship value (RV).

Subsequently, I filed a complaint with the RBI Ombudsman. After nine months of maintaining the required balance, my request was closed with the reasoning that it did not meet the bank's program criteria. I considered escalating the matter legally but decided against it because my RM was my neighbor. She had already faced significant trouble due to my complaint, and her family was not in a good situation.

In conclusion, I don't trust your words. If you can provide proof, I might reconsider my stance.

Edit: They are the same team who got me Emeralde Private Metal with exceptional approvals. So it's not that they don't know their business.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They agreed for LTF saphhiro just for 50 lacs?

Here it is for you mate...

Guys...
Good news... everything went according to the plan .. It only took 2 days since I transferred my money into ICICI WM account...

Got the Sapphiro Amex / MC Dual variant LTF with the 50L TRV , just now..
Good thing is I got my my CL increased to 15L from 7.7L .. this will be good news for my future EMeralde PVC LTF / EPM paid..

Another one bites the dust.. Moving onto the next one...

1718811084015-png.57981

1718811886725.png

Last edited:

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Guys...
Good news... everything went according to the plan .. It only took 2 days since I transferred my money into ICICI WM account...

Good thing is I got my my CL increased to 15L from 7.7L .. this will be good news for my future EMeralde PVC LTF / EPM paid..

1718811084015-png.57981

1718811886725.png
Congratulations..any particular spend strategy in mind for Sapphiro?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thank you ... no... none .. ZIP...

This is only used as an intermediary step to get either Emeralde PVC LTF or EPM ..

They are not tirggering Emeralde LTF for me for the last one year..
So, changed the startegy..
when my FD 's are up for renewal , used that proceeds to park here to get Sapphiro, LTF .. most imporatantly to get massive bump in CL ie. from 7.7 L to 15L..

All the objective are achieved in this mission..
Now with revised 15L , I will have fair chances to get that Emeralde LTF / EPM...
thats its the goal..

Meanwhile, while this 50L in the account, I am negotiating for Wealth Select upograde.. if it works then my Emeralde LTF mission will be a cakewalk...

How is my plan?? ;)

Last edited:

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks you ... no none .. ZIP...

This is only used as an intermediary step to get either Emeralde PVC LTF or EPM ..

They are not tirggering Emeralde LTF for me for the last one year..
So, changed the startegy..
when my FD 's up for renewal , used that proceeds to park here and get Sapphiro,.. most imporatantly to get massive bump in CL ie. from 7.7 L to 15L..

All the objective are achieved in this mission..
Now with revised 15L , I will have fair chances to get that Emeralde LTF / EPM...
thats its the goal..

Meanwhile, while this 50L in the account, I am negotiating for Wealth Select upograde.. if it works then my Emeralde LTF mission will be cakewalk...

How is my plan?? ;)
Haha..someone is definitely playing chess with ICICI and has thought multiple moves ahead.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Haha..someone is definitely playing chess with ICICI and has thought multiple moves ahead.
@SSV to ICICI be like.

Mario-I-am-four-parallel-universes-ahead-of-you-meme-7.jpg

That's always my way of doing things...
Stay calm .. plan well .. gather all the facts... execute to the perfection...

For example: HDFC..

Opened the account in April last year, waited patiently for 6 months with about 15L TRV...
they gave me crappy MB upto 1.25L.. never took any card from them .. didnt tempt for Tata Neu card also even though it was offered LTF..
Stayed HDFC virgin until the last minute..

Took the ULIP. got my first ever HDFC card in the form of Infininia Metal FYF initally, and within 2 months converted it into Infnia Metal LTF...

My first ever HDFC cc transaction was on Infinia.. never spent anything on any other HDFC CC...

for this , I needed to wait for 8 months, and plan all different things..
Now, I got Imperia, Inifina, and soon a free locker...

In a traditional route , this would take some where around 5 to 8 years in a typical case...

Note; I had to go thru ULIP route because, I reduced my work for the last couple of years and my ITR is only around 20L( due to Covid Health reasons)..
. so ITR way was ruled out for me..
In the next few years my ITR will peak again...

Guys...

1718811084015-png.57981

1718811886725.png
Congratulations 🎊

Btw how did you got that LE?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How did you got that LE?
With 50L at work, asked them to provide max LImit .. they indicated I might get between 10 to 15L ..
I got 15L based on my excellent CIBIL I beileve , cibil of around 800..
This is where 800+ CIBIL will do wonders.. many ridiculed 800 CIBIL is not at all required for many purposes..

Last edited:
With 50L at work, asked them to provide max LImit .. they indicated I might get between 10 to 15L ..
I got 15L based on my exceelent CIBIL I beileve , cibil of around 800..
This is where 800 CIBIL will do wonders.. many ridcule 800 CIBIL is not at all required for many purposes..
Your branch is pretty good in this. Did they ask for any income docs? Btw they applied this card offline right? So your cibil got hit or no?