• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI did a Personal loan CIBIL enquiry when I tried to open a digital savings bank account

How do I ask ICICI to remove personal CIBIL enquiry? I was just trying to open digital savings account with ICICI where I entered my PAN and other personal Info but they did a personal loan enquiry on my CIBIL. Can someone please guide me what steps should I take to fix this?

proove them that you applied bank account not loan. escalate with proofs till 30 days if not resolved complain to Ombudsman with those proofs.

Note: Proofs required in all the communication (screenshots, where you applied or who processed etc.)

proove them that you applied bank account not loan. escalate with proofs till 30 days if not resolved complain to Ombudsman with those proofs.

Note: Proofs required in all the communication (screenshots, where you applied or who processed etc.)
unfortunately I did not take screenshots as I have never had such an experience, is there any other way if I do not have screenshots?

unfortunately I did not take screenshots as I have never had such an experience, is there any other way if I do not have screenshots?

then no chance. another way, try to open account again, by taking screenshot most likely it will hit p.loan again, then send mail to remove both enquiries.

Last edited:
that's bad, didn't expect this from ICICI. I am going to be extremely careful transacting with ICICI in future. Any idea how much impact of this "personal loan" enquiry from ICICI will have on my CIBIL? and if credit card and personal loan enquiries have different impact? Thanks!

that's bad, didn't expect this from ICICI. I am going to be extremely careful transacting with ICICI in future. Any idea how much impact of this "personal loan" enquiry from ICICI will have on my CIBIL? and if credit card and personal loan enquiries have different impact? Thanks!

whats your credit age.?

Around 9 years, plus I took around 3 enquiries this month, excluding this ICICI, but those were genuine where I actually wanted a credit card

Mail to Customer care that u never applied for PL so why they have done an enquiry?

Further escalate to PNO if required.

Ask from them that when they received PL request from u if they claim anything non sense and tell them that u were trying to open savings account.

Back