• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI offering Sapphiro Credit Card LTF, subject to FD

Souvik

TF Premier
This is just an information post, that today I received a call from the nearby ICICI Bank branch where the person on the other side offered Sapphiro CC (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/credit-card/sapphiro-credit-card/key-privileges) LTF, subject to a few terms:

1. Its FD backed card, so credit limit is 90% of FD amount.
2. They are asking for 5L of FD.
3. Your FD of 5L would not be breakable, as it would be tied to the CC, so a lien would be placed.

I tried to push him for Emeralde but that did not work out.

A credit card was an unsecured loan product given by banks earlier, subject to credit score, credit history, joining fees. Now with a FD backing, and a crunch in funds, looks like banks are more willing to offer premium cards as secured cards (secured by FD) but LTF, which were earlier subject to high joining fees and annual fees.

This is just an information post, that today I received a call from the nearby ICICI Bank branch where the person on the other side offered Sapphiro CC (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/credit-card/sapphiro-credit-card/key-privileges) LTF, subject to a few terms:

3. Your FD of 5L would not be breakable, as it would be tied to the CC, so a lien would be placed.

A credit card was an unsecured loan product given by banks earlier, subject to credit score, credit history, joining fees. Now with a FD backing, and a crunch in funds, looks like banks are more willing to offer premium cards as secured cards (secured by FD) but LTF, which were earlier subject to high joining fees and annual fees.
Thank you @Souvik for sharing

Who will get a useless Sapphiro that too against a low paying 5 lakh FD In lien.

No point in even thinking about getting any card with FD, unless someone is not getting any card in any other ways. Have heard people stories trying for Infinia by using FD route, but still had to struggle to get it.

Back