• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to convert dual varient to Visa for LTF Sapphiro credit card?

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi
I want to convert the dual varient Sapphiro LTF card to Visa.
Raised a request on ICICI customer care number, they rejected and said for Visa, I need to get a new paid card.

Email support told me that there's no process to convert the card to Visa.

Twitter (X) support also said that to get Visa, i have to apply for a fresh paid card.

Any other way to convert the dual varient to Visa card?

Visa card reflecting in iMobile app today and Dual varient removed.

So it is confirmed as soon as Visa is issued, dual are removed.

Still no sms or email sent regarding dispatch.

I haven't even activated Visa still Dual are cancelled.

Visa card reflecting in iMobile app today and Dual varient removed.

So it is confirmed as soon as Visa is issued, dual are removed.

Still no sms or email sent regarding dispatch.

I haven't even activated Visa still Dual are cancelled.
How much time was taken by ICICI between the Visa varient show and dual variant removed ?

As I just checked my imobile after reading your message and it is showing both dual variant and visa varient.

One more question: what is the type of visa card ?

How much time was taken by ICICI between the Visa varient show and dual variant removed ?

As I just checked my imobile after reading your message and it is showing both dual variant and visa varient.

One more question: what is the type of visa card ?
I dont know when Visa was issued. I checked today and found it.

I raised the request last Friday. So 10 days

Which one is better.? Visa or Mastercard/Amex.?
It's depends on you. Amex sometimes gives offer on swiggy/zomato which are exclusive for amex card issued by other banks.
If you don't mind such offer then Visa variant is good as you will get instant BMS BOGO offer and you do not need to carry both cards for lounge access.

Reactions: H2O
It's depends on you. Amex sometimes gives offer on swiggy/zomato which are exclusive for amex card issued by other banks.
If you don't mind such offer then Visa variant is good as you will get instant BMS BOGO offer and you do not need to carry both cards for lounge access.
Thanks bro. Nice.

I dont know when Visa was issued. I checked today and found it.

I raised the request last Friday. So 10 days
is your Visa variant dispatched ? I got SMS yesterday night for Visa variant is dispatched and still all 3 sapphiro card showing in my icici account. i also got welcome email confirmation: Services you can avail on your new ICICI Bank Sapphiro VISA Credit Card.

@sasha008 is the visa variant will be LTF for me ? How to check the status for the same ?

is your Visa variant dispatched ? I got SMS yesterday night for Visa variant is dispatched and still all 3 sapphiro card showing in my icici account. i also got welcome email confirmation: Services you can avail on your new ICICI Bank Sapphiro VISA Credit Card.

@sasha008 is the visa variant will be LTF for me ? How to check the status for the same ?
Not yet.
Regarding LTF, no need to check as its LTF only if Dual was LTF, still you can raise a mail to confirm.

I dont know why my dual was cancelled.
Have you checked CVV or updated online transactions limit of Visa?

Not yet.
Regarding LTF, no need to check as its LTF only if Dual was LTF, still you can raise a mail to confirm.

I dont know why my dual was cancelled.
Have you checked CVV or updated online transactions limit of Visa?
I received my new visa variant card as it was delivered today.

Yes I have checked CVV online. But will not use it till I need to use it as said by @sasha008 . Let's see what happens with dual card.

Edit: I called icici bank customer care and confirmed that visa variant is LFT

Last edited:
I received my new visa variant card as it was delivered today.

Yes I have checked CVV online. But will not use it till I need to use it as said by @sasha008 . Let's see what happens with dual card.

Edit: I called icici bank customer care and confirmed that visa variant is LFT
But you have to enable online transactions and set limits for transaction.

Applied for the Visa version today. Not sure if they gonna approve it as my current/office/permanent all addresses are different as stated by the agent who took the application. :p :p

Last edited:
If the pin is not set up, that means the Visa card is not active, hence, dual varient is active.
As soon as Visa card is activated, dual varient will deactivate.
Even if ICICI calls are ignored the card will be deactivated automatically.
That's why I said, ICICI has fixed it now
Its a myth that setting PIN is the only way to activate a card. There are multiple ways to activate.

1. Going to card controls and changing any settings for e.g. enabling ecom or modifying any transaction limit. You can even roll back to previous settings after changing.
2. Via SMS
3. Via call to customer care
4. Via missed call
5. Setting PIN (only if you ever want to swipe in a POS machine)

Back