• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI RuPay Credit Cards UPI linking now live

I like Bluedart's efficiency... rather I should say their worldclass efficiency.. They don't muck around in honouring their promised delivery date even though there are pricey... Very rare scenario in India where they respect customer's time and customer's satisfaction..
My experiences with BlueDart have been all sorts: from good to ...

Most recent experience: this week.
Yes, they do honor the promised delivery date, but not the time window. Their SMS said "out for delivery" from the morning. I had a meeting to attend in the evening. Still called them up (they don't provide the contact no. of the delivery person), and was promised delivery by 1 pm. So I thought, okay. But got a call for delivery 4 hours too late! By that time I had already left for the meeting!

So they tried delivery the next day. This time I waited for them, and did receive it. But again, it was 4 hours too late from the promised time! Very far from "world class", I must say!

As a contrast, Amazon typically keep to their promise, and usually deliver before the promised time.

My experiences with BlueDart have been all sorts: from good to ...

Most recent experience: this week.
Yes, they do honor the promised delivery date, but not the time window. Their SMS said "out for delivery" from the morning. I had a meeting to attend in the evening. Still called them up (they don't provide the contact no. of the delivery person), and was promised delivery by 1 pm. So I thought, okay. But got a call for delivery 4 hours too late! By that time I had already left for the meeting!

So they tried delivery the next day. This time I waited for them, and did receive it. But again, it was 4 hours too late from the promised time! Very far from "world class", I must say!

As a contrast, Amazon typically keep to their promise, and usually deliver before the promised time.

Delivery Time of Bluedart:

It entirely depends on the route of that delivery zone...
If your place falls at the end of the route, then you have to wait.. Period...
You can request for an earlier time delivery , but it is upto them to honour it or not...

Think logically, they can't change their delivery order sequence just because of you...
and another thing is they never ever promise you the time of the delivery from the beginnig of your shipment, only expected date of delivery was mentioned.
You can call CC in between and ask them, they consider it as a request and try to their best of their ability and it can never be treated as the official delivery time..

Amazon:

It is an entirely a different story.. It is not an apple to apple comparision.
Their main business is, e-commerce ,and they have their own logistics facility.
To compliment their customer satisfaction, these two components are very tightly integrated...
Depending upon the chosen delivery option for the order, they even promise the time window of the day of the delivery and they feel proud about respecting their promise and they do it as well , in my personal experience with 99% success..

BTW: I have clocked more than 1,100 orders worth more than 15 lakhs ( I haven't counted) over 8 years of my association with Amazon, being a prime member since its inception....

Last edited:

You can request for an earlier time delivery , but it is upto them to honour it or not...

Think logically, they can't change their delivery order sequence just because of you...
...You can call CC in between and ask them, they consider it as a request and try to their best of their ability and it can never be treated as the official delivery time..

"Heads I win, Tails you lose!"

and another thing is they never ever promise you the time of the delivery from the beginnig of your shipment, only expected date of delivery was mentioned.
You can call CC in between and ask them, they consider it as a request and try to their best of their ability and it can never be treated as the official delivery time..
New learning for today:

Definition of exemplary (even "world class") service from a courier company: "Just make the delivery sometime, anytime, on the promised date, and you've done plenty to earn praise for your "respect for customer's time and customer's satisfaction..".

So what if some others manage to think of the need for coordination between the delivery person and the customer for the actual delivery time, so s/he is not inconvenienced! You don't fall in an identical category of businesses (even though the delivery part of the service may look no different), so similar considerations for the customers are not expected of you".

--- Live and learn!

Guys, as this Coral Rupay is a new card under new network for ICICI, I have already faced an issue about a payment...

Summary:
Paid for a merchant scannig BharatPe QR code... failed ... and it is showing as a failed transaction in the UPI History in Imobile App.
again
Paid using Paytm QR code - successful...

Unfortunately, in the CC statement, both transactions were debited, Logged a call, she could not resolve the issue and advised me that she would come back to me later..
The failed transaction which was appearing in the history tab was still not reversed after 2 days in the card statement...

In the transaction history option:

1691239134017.png

In the Card statement:

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-05 at 6.01.41 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys, as this Coral Rupay is a new card under new network for ICICI, I have already faced an issue about a payment...

Summary:
Paid for a merchant scannig BharatPe QR code... failed ... and it is showing as a failed transaction in the UPI History in Imobile App.
again
Paid using Paytm QR code - successful...

Unfortunately, in the CC statement, both transactions were debited, Logged a call, she could not resolve the issue and advised me that she would come back to me later..
The failed transaction which was appearing in the history tab was still not reversed after 2 days in the card statement...

In the transaction history option:

View attachment 25343

In the Card statement:

View attachment 25341
Wait 5 working days, also wait for official ICICI RuPay CC UPI launch announcement.

Back