• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI RuPay Platinum Debit Card Problem: Do Not Work At ICICI CDM/CAM

desiviru

TF Ace
Hi,

Sharing an instance with you all that happened with one of my friend today when he went to ICICI Bank branch in New Delhi to deposit cash and found out that his RuPay Platinum Debit Card is actually the problem that CDM (Cash Deposit Machine) or CAM (Cash Acceptor Machine) isn't able to read it and shows as Invalid Card. First he though it was technical issue but retrying didn't helped. Branch employees couldn't help either as never they got any customer before with a Rupay variant or others may not have think of it as a bigger issue.

While other people with VISA/Master variant were not having this Invalid card problem and were able to use their card at CDM/CAM, he and one other person there also having same RuPay Platinum variant faced the same issue (He inserted his card on my friend's request just to make sure his card is not damaged). Other machine which was not a CDM but a CWM only were not giving any issue and everything was fine.

Anyways, he came back and shared thing with me and I mostly am aware of such things but it was new for me aswell as I have never used my own ICICI RuPay Platinum card at any CDM/CAM before so don't know about such problem.

I called customer care and they also confirmed that this variant can be used at CWM only and not CDM/CAM. RuPay cards no matter how hard NPCI tries face many issues at bank servers which are not ready for anything. I am ware that RuPay UPI Credit Card at ICICI ATM don't show all features while my other VISA variant shows all faetures and option. So restriction of operations on both RuPay issued DCs/CCs.

Anyways, this is not a big issue and he deposited by punching his account number later via cardless cash deposit but there is a limit of Rs.25000 only as deposit without inserting card and going to Cash Deposit option is taken as Third Party deposit and not Self deposit which has 1 Lakh per month limit.

Those having ICICI Bank Account and RuPay Platinum Variant card as it is the only debit card ICICI issues under RuPay platform, you must keep in mind you can't use it while depositing cash at CDM/CAM.

but there is a limit of Rs.25000 only as deposit without inserting card and going to Cash Deposit option is taken as Third Party deposit and not Self deposit which has 1 Lakh per month limit.
need few details on this if you are aware, what would be the limit of cash deposit, if it's deposited using card? or no limit? and what will be the charges?

Hi,

Sharing an instance with you all that happened with one of my friend today when he went to ICICI Bank branch in New Delhi to deposit cash and found out that his RuPay Platinum Debit Card is actually the problem that CDM (Cash Deposit Machine) or CAM (Cash Acceptor Machine) isn't able to read it and shows as Invalid Card. First he though it was technical issue but retrying didn't helped. Branch employees couldn't help either as never they got any customer before with a Rupay variant or others may not have think of it as a bigger issue.

While other people with VISA/Master variant were not having this Invalid card problem and were able to use their card at CDM/CAM, he and one other person there also having same RuPay Platinum variant faced the same issue (He inserted his card on my friend's request just to make sure his card is not damaged). Other machine which was not a CDM but a CWM only were not giving any issue and everything was fine.

Anyways, he came back and shared thing with me and I mostly am aware of such things but it was new for me aswell as I have never used my own ICICI RuPay Platinum card at any CDM/CAM before so don't know about such problem.

I called customer care and they also confirmed that this variant can be used at CWM only and not CDM/CAM. RuPay cards no matter how hard NPCI tries face many issues at bank servers which are not ready for anything. I am ware that RuPay UPI Credit Card at ICICI ATM don't show all features while my other VISA variant shows all faetures and option. So restriction of operations on both RuPay issued DCs/CCs.

Anyways, this is not a big issue and he deposited by punching his account number later via cardless cash deposit but there is a limit of Rs.25000 only as deposit without inserting card and going to Cash Deposit option is taken as Third Party deposit and not Self deposit which has 1 Lakh per month limit.

Those having ICICI Bank Account and RuPay Platinum Variant card as it is the only debit card ICICI issues under RuPay platform, you must keep in mind you can't use it while depositing cash at CDM/CAM.
I am also facing similar issue

need few details on this if you are aware, what would be the limit of cash deposit, if it's deposited using card? or no limit? and what will be the charges?
Bro every bank regularly updates about limits and charges under Service and Charges section on their website. As keep myself updated, I am sharing with you.

ICICI Bank: 1. Cash Deposit Limit is 1 Lakh per month without any charge if deposited in Self Capacity. No matter whether you use Deposit Slip or CDM, max. free limit is 1 Lah or first three txns whichever is earlier. Using your card at CDM/CAM before depositing comes under Self Deposit or you can just fill Deposit slip and deposit cash with Cashier/Teller at Branch. This will also include under self deposit but as signature is required, you can't handover cash to another person and deposit as SELF.

Time Limit:
Maximum Cash Deposit allowed for free is 3 times in a month and minimum Rs.150 from 4th cash deposit txn but if it crosses 1 Lakh limit in 1 txn only then you have to pay Rs.5+G.S.T/1000 above free limit with minium Rs.150+GST. This include CDM/CAM deposit also.

Ex: In month of July you went and deposited in Home Branch, Rs.50000 using deposit slip as first txn. Then you used CDM(Allowed only in Branch where you hold account) for depositing Rs.30000. Then in third txn you can deposit 20000 only and if you deposit say 25000 it will breach and you will be charges Rs.150+GST which will be deducted from your account itself within next 30 days. Now after 3 txn your deposit limit and 3 free txns are over. Now from 4th txn you will be charges Rs.150+GST no matter what amount it is even if it Rs.100. If your first three cash deposit txns of month are Rs.10000 each, you can't deposit more for free as max. 3 free limit gets reached.

Non-Home Branch or Third Party Deposit: Here Max. limit is Rs.25000 (for free) and anything above this is Rs.5/1000 with GST as this is taken as third party deposit not self.

Here is a trcik: Without using card at Home Branch, When you go to CDM, select Cardless Transaction and then select Deposit Cash and Enter your Account Number and then Registered mobile number with this account then it will take this as self transaction. But if any other mobile number is entered after entering 12 digit account number it will be taken as Third party deposit and you will be charged above Rs.25000.

Using CDM between 6PM to 8AM for cash deposit on working days and on holiday (complete day), anything above Rs.10000 in single txn or parts in a month will attract Rs.50+GST as charges.
Here is the PDF for all charges for regular savings account, https://www.icicibank.com/content/d...ets/docs/pdf/regular-savings-account-socs.pdf

Bro every bank regularly updates about limits and charges under Service and Charges section on their website. As keep myself updated, I am sharing with you.

ICICI Bank: 1. Cash Deposit Limit is 1 Lakh per month without any charge if deposited in Self Capacity. No matter whether you use Deposit Slip or CDM, max. free limit is 1 Lah or first three txns whichever is earlier. Using your card at CDM/CAM before depositing comes under Self Deposit and you can just fill Deposit slip and deposit cash with Cashier/Teller at Branch. Maximum Cash Deposit allowed is 3 times in a month month for free and minimum Rs.150 from 4th cash deposit txn but if it crosses 1 Lakh limit then you have to pay Rs.5+G.S.T/1000 above free limit with minium Rs.150+GST. This include CDM/CAM deposit also.

Ex: In month of July you went and deposited in Home Branch, Rs.50000 using deposit slip as first txn. Then you used CDM(Allowed only in Branch where you hold account) for depositing Rs.30000. Then in third txn you can deposit 20000 only and if you deposit say 25000 it will breach and you will be charges Rs.150+GST which will be deducted from your account itself within next 30 days. Now after 3 txn your deposit limit and 3 free txns are over. Now from 4th txn you will be charges Rs.150+GST no matter what amount it is even if it Rs.100. If your first three cash deposit txns of month are Rs.10000 each, you can't deposit more for free as max. 3 free limit gets reached.

Non-Home Branch or Third Party Deposit: Here Max. limit is Rs.25000 (for free) and anything above this is Rs.5/1000 with GST as this is taken as third party deposit not self.

Here is a trcik: Without using card at Home Branch, When you go to CDM, select Cardless Transaction and then select Deposit Cash and Enter your Account Number and then Registered mobile number with this account then it will take this as self transaction. But if any other mobile number is entered after entering 12 digit account number it will be taken as Third party deposit and you will be charged above Rs.25000.

Using CDM between 6PM to 8AM for cash deposit on working days and on holiday (complete day), anything above Rs.10000 in single txn or parts in a month will attract Rs.50+GST as charges.
Here is the PDF for all charges for regular savings account, https://www.icicibank.com/content/d...ets/docs/pdf/regular-savings-account-socs.pdf
Thanks a lot for detailed explanation 👍🏻

So, I guess we all must unite and raise this issue to the higher authorities?
@Abhishek012
I've already raised it to Branch Manager, Email and Mumbai Call center. After instance with my friend, I went to my home branch today to check and found out, he is right and I got invalid card error at CDM here. Used my Axis RuPay card for depositing cash and it went without any problem. So ICICI is at fault who needs to upgrade software at their CDMs to accept Rupay cards. Many ICICI ATMs/CDMs are still using old Windows 7 OS. The one I found at Home Branch here is Windows 10 (as confirmed by person who handles ATM here).

I thought problem is with Rupay but it is with some banks who haven't updated servers and CDMs yet.

Using CDM in these hours would also count in one of 3 transaction right or will this be separate?
Will be counted in 3 Txns. No matter how you deposit, once you cross 3 deposits txns, you start getting charged. So monthly limit for non-banking hours and holidays is Rs.10000 (included in 3 cash txns free per month).

Also beware that sometimes machines left some notes if they are folded at edges or soiled. If you keep txns going and choose Add cash option and reinsert these notes by unfolding it, then it takes all as one txn but if you take out notes and hit continue, you will have to carry out another txn to deposit them.

Today at Axis, I deposited Rs.10000 (Rs.500x20 notes). In first txn it took only 17 notes and cash holding box opened and I took out 3 notes. Then I touched add cash and reinserted notes, this time it left 1 note and retrying twice didn't helped. So I continued with 19 notes and didn't deposited last one. 9500 deposited. To add cash it asks maximum 3 times only.

So, I guess we all must unite and raise this issue to the higher authorities?
@Abhishek012
All ATMs/CDM work on NPCI's NFS network - https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/nfs/product-overview

When we talk about CDM/ATMs in India, Card networks cant do anything.

All card networks in India are dual network card, Ecom/POS transaction use RuPay/Visa/Mastercard network but ATM/CDM use NPCI's NFS network.

This is bank's duty to update all BINs to NPCI's NFS network.

Complaint to ICICI bank, this is minor issue, If the complaint goes to right person then your problem will be solved in a few months.

@pjain2712

By the way ICICI bank launch a new RuPay card "Gold Platinum" Debit card. share your variant or RuPay first 6 digit BIN ?

IMG4609.webp

Last edited:
All ATMs/CDM work on NPCI's NFS network - https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/nfs/product-overview

When we talk about CDM/ATMs in India, Card networks cant do anything.

All card networks in India are dual network card, Ecom/POS transaction use RuPay/Visa/Mastercard network but ATM/CDM use NPCI's NFS network.

This is bank's duty to update all BINs to NPCI's NFS network.

Complaint to ICICI bank, this is minor issue, If the complaint goes to right person then your problem will be solved in a few months.

@pjain2712

By the way ICICI bank launch a new RuPay card "Gold Platinum" Debit card. share your variant or RuPay first 6 digit BIN ?

View attachment 60495
my card BIN is 652180

Back