• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC credit card - Delete pending online application

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Hi all,

I found a way to delete the pending online application in IDFC First credit card.

This can be used by people who have entered their DOB, mobile number and got the OTP. After entering the OTP, if you had selected the card details, it will show you which card you are eligible for. In most cases, if you are WOW card, you will be disappointed.

But after that, how many ever times you try, you will always see WOW card itself. You would not be able to changes it unless you give a different mobile number.

For this problem,
Call IDFC customer care (1800 10 888), connect to the credit card department, and ask them to cancel the pending CC application. They will raise a request and it will be canceled in 5 working days. You will get an email and SMS confirmation. After that, you can apply for a new variant with the same mobile number itself.

They told me over the phone that this facility is available only via phone. They don't take cancellation requests by mail. and they told I will be able to select a new card after 5 days (that is, after this application request is cancelled).

Just wait for 5 days and try again. Hope this helps.

1. Call customer care and tell that you want to cancel the application and do not proceed further. Also send an email.
2. After receiving the card, do not activate it. It will get auto-cancelled.
3. Raise a cancellation request after receiving the card. Again, do not activate it. Just send a mail to close the card.
On doing this process will there be a cooling period for the application?

I applied for IDFC Wealth CC earlier today (completed vKYC), primarily for the forex benefits. I wasn't aware of the new net negative reward rate after the devaluations, and now I want to cancel the application.
Currently, the application is in the "Application Verification" stage. How do I proceed further with the cancellation here?
View attachment 66165
Wealth CC is not a bad card even after devaluation. Apart from negative forex returns there’re some good benefits of the card. And it’s LTF and decent card to hold.

1. Call customer care and tell that you want to cancel the application and do not proceed further. Also send an email.
2. After receiving the card, do not activate it. It will get auto-cancelled.
3. Raise a cancellation request after receiving the card. Again, do not activate it. Just send a mail to close the card.
Is there a specific customer care contact email for Credit Cards, I couldn't find any email address on their website. Every page just mentions their Customer Care centre and WhatsApp support numbers.

Wealth CC is not a bad card even after devaluation. Apart from negative forex returns there’re some good benefits of the card. And it’s LTF and decent card to hold.
I'd actually input a higher monthly salary than mine (actual salary less than <2L); and I just thought that it wouldn't be worth the hassle, since my current requirement was a card with forex benefits for my upcoming international trip.

I applied for IDFC Wealth CC earlier today (completed vKYC), primarily for the forex benefits. I wasn't aware of the new net negative reward rate after the devaluations, and now I want to cancel the application.
Currently, the application is in the "Application Verification" stage. How do I proceed further with the cancellation here?
View attachment 66165
Do you want to apply for different variant ? Or don't want to make any relationship with idfc ?

Do you want to apply for different variant ? Or don't want to make any relationship with idfc ?
I was interested in only the Wealth CC, since I was under the assumption, that there was still a net reward rate for international transactions. Will look for and get some other card with 0% forex from some other bank. The rest of the cards in my portfolio cover the rest of my day-to-day spends, so doesn't make sense to look for other cards from IDFC.

I was interested in only the Wealth CC, since I was under the assumption, that there was still a net reward rate for international transactions. Will look for and get some other card with 0% forex from some other bank. The rest of the cards in my portfolio cover the rest of my day-to-day spends, so doesn't make sense to look for other cards from IDFC.
In that case , leave your application as it is and if you receive any calls tell them to reject the application as you are not interested now .
In future , if you wish to apply for idfc card mail to PNO to cancel the previous application and you will be able to apply for a fresh application.

In that case , leave your application as it is and if you receive any calls tell them to reject the application as you are not interested now .
In future , if you wish to apply for idfc card mail to PNO to cancel the previous application and you will be able to apply for a fresh application.
Okay got it. But won't the current application proceed normally since the vKYC is already completed?

Update: I called them yesterday to get the application cancelled, they told me that they've taken the service request and it'll be cancelled within 5 days.
Today I got a call from them for physical verification, I told that person that he doesn't have to come, I've already requested cancellation.
Then in the evening, I got another call from IDFC, and then I told them again that I've requested cancellation, they said they'll do it from their end.
I instantly received an email stating that they've initiated closure of the application as per my request. The email was weirdly titled as "Application Denied" though. Later when I checked the credit card application tracking page, it mentioned that my application has been denied. So I guess I don't need to do anything else now.
Thanks everyone for their help.

Back