• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system recently. Now you'll earn reward points for spending money using your IDFC First Bank debit card.
Reward portal link - https://www.firstrewards.com/

Screenshot_20230204_124537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reward system for IDFC First Bank normal debit card-
2000 welcome reward points on IDFC First normal debit card transaction above Rs. 1000

Online transaction- earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Select debit card reward system-
4000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 2 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 100) for every Rs. 100 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card reward system-
8000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 3 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 100) for every Rs. 100 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Private debit card reward system-
20,000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 4 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend

Exclusions: Payment to Mutual Funds, Insurance, Financial Institutions, Security Brokers, Dealers, Wallet Uploads, Quasi Cash, ATM Withdrawals, Credit Card Payments and Account Transfers transactions are not a part of FIRST Rewards program, Please refer to the TnC page for specific Merchant Codes that are excluded.

1 reward point = Rs. 0.25

Note: You'll earn core reward points depending on your debit card variant, along with the 10X points.

A monthly reward point accrual capping will be applicable based on user’s program membership. (w.e.f. 1st December 2023)

Type of ProgramMonthly Point Capping
General8,000
Select30,000
Wealth50,000
Private5,00,000

How to redeem- You can redeem your reward points against gift vouchers, flight booking, recharge, etc.
Just click on "Redeem" and you'll see all the available options.
Link- https://www.firstrewards.com/user/burn

These are the excluded mcc's. You won't receive any reward points for spending on these categories.

Merchant CodesMerchant Categories
6300INSURANCE SALES AND UNDERWRITING
6012FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS - MERCHANDISE & SERVICES
6211SECURITY BROKERS/DEALERS
6051QUASI CASH
6540WALLET UPLOAD

Reward Rate:-

IDFC First Bank Normal Debit Card-
Online- 0.33%
Offline- 0.17%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 1.67%; Offline- 1.67%

IDFC First Bank Select Debit Card-
Online- 0.50%
Offline- 0.33%
10X category- 2.5%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.5%; Offline- 2.5%

IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card-
Online- 0.67%
Offline- 0.50%
10X category- 2.5%

IDFC First Bank Private Debit Card-
Online- 1%
Offline- 0.67%
10X category- 2.5%

Update on 14th July: IDFC First Bank relaunched its debit card reward system on 14th July, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Update on 22 Dec, 2023: IDFC First Bank updated its debit card reward system on 1st Dec, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. You can upgrade family members accounts to select and you don't need to maintain anything but it depends on branch. They may ask for some 3 lac IP for account opening.
Is there a significant benefit of Select / Wealth over the 25K normal account vis-a-vis reward programme, except the higher threshold?

I have around 3 lac rs transaction which i know is eligible and i didn't recieve any rp yet.
Kitna din huwa hai? Kabhi kabhi jada time lagta hai, high txn me case me toh aur jada... If you can wait for 14-30/45 days, or else raise a complaint post 14 days only.

Kitna din huwa hai? Kabhi kabhi jada time lagta hai, high txn me case me toh aur jada... If you can wait for 14-30/45 days, or else raise a complaint post 14 days only.
7th may ko 99k ka ek kara tha and 10th may ko mutilple karre the total amount was near 2 lac.
Is there a significant benefit of Select / Wealth over the 25K normal account vis-a-vis reward programme, except the higher threshold?
There is so much difference in dc of select/wealth vs normal account.

Lounge access with guest
Golf access
visa infinite if you opt for wealth
Insurance benefits
High points cap (This is a very big reason, you can pay 5 lac rs cc bill for 2.5% reward)

For wealth account holders here, do you see "Wealth" mentioned on your mobile app, or it says "Savings Regular" ? For me, it says Savings Regular, so just want to confirm
It shows both as savings regular and wealth.

In homepage of the app it will show wealth banner but in accounts tab it will show respective account type. Also your firstrewards portal will show wealth branding.

7th may ko 99k ka ek kara tha and 10th may ko mutilple karre the total amount was near 2 lac.

There is so much difference in dc of select/wealth vs normal account.

Lounge access with guest
Golf access
visa infinite if you opt for wealth
Insurance benefits
High points cap (This is a very big reason, you can pay 5 lac rs cc bill for 2.5% reward)
Thanks. Appreciate the response. For Select / Wealth, is it just enough that I try and maintain enough MAB till the upgrade triggers? Would there be a downgrade and would that potential downgrade have any impact on the card / rewards accrual etc.?

Thanks. Appreciate the response. For Select / Wealth, is it just enough that I try and maintain enough MAB till the upgrade triggers? Would there be a downgrade and would that potential downgrade have any impact on the card / rewards accrual etc.?
Go to your branch ask them and they will ask you to increase your balance as required then once u get upgade just maintain 25k in your account and you won't be downgraded.

I've to pay quarterly rent of Rs. 81k ... can I use Wealth DC to pay rent and earn reward points? Also, any platform which doesn't demand rent agreement document and will simply allow transfer or money to another bank account (not mine).

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back